• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How often do you actually *watch* Pokemon?

When I was a kid, I'd lose my mind if I missed a new episode. Older episodes also used to be on whenever I got home from school, so I'd have enough time to grab a snack and sit down and watch it.

Nowadays, I watch the Japanese episodes live on Thursdays, and watch random episodes at work when I'm bored, or if I see something that reminds me of an episode I like, sometimes I'll go back and watch it to discuss things I may have missed with others.

I have the whole Indigo League on DVD...sometimes I put it on before bed.

I made a promise to myself that I would watch every episode in order,thanks to boomerang re-airing the older episodes. I watch it twice a day usually, unless I have loads of homework. then "oh well, maybe tomorrow."
I've made it about halfway thru the Battle Frontier arc. :andmyfavoriteepisodeisairingonthe24thandivebeencountingdownforsixweeksandIMSOFLIPPINEXCITED:

When I was younger, I never really watched the show constantly. It was always erratic; I'd watch when I remember it or I just happen to be in front of the TV at the right time.

Nowadays, it's not much different. One moment I'm watching something from all the way back in the OS, the next I'd be watching something from DP, and then suddenly I'd be watching one of the movies. Simultaneously, I'd be trying to catch up on BW. I'm pretty much trying to catch up on everything, actually. Either way, I always watch a few episodes everyday, or as much as my schedule allows. I also watch the new episodes that come out every Thursday.

Headache

As for how many times I watch an episode, I always try to watch it twice; in the English dub and then subbed with Japanese audio, if I can find them both. There are, however, a few episodes I return to frequently. I also tend to watch random episodes when I come across their article on the 'pedia, when I am after a specific scene, or simply when I am in the mood for that sort of episode.

Last edited:
I never watch it. I stopped watching it at the end of Johto (never saw the ending, but I'd like to). Then I picked it up again some time during the Diamond / Pearl season and watched it up through some of the Best Wishes epsisodes but then stopped watching it again. Don't know why I stopped watching it, but the fact that Ash is 10 again probably contributed. That, and I always forget to even turn it on.

These days the only time that I'll watch Pokémon is if I flip to that channel and it happens to be on. Which is highly unlikely because I very rarely even turn on the TV in the morning, not to mention that I'm usually asleep (except on Saturdays).

However, I do have the Kanto and Orange Islands seasons on DVD so I watch them occassionally. I also have a lot of the movies on DVD and haven't even gotten around to seeing them all, so I'll probably do that soon.

I still love Pokemon, and record it regularly on my DVR. Come the afternoon, me, my wife and my daughter all sit down and give it a watch. It's still very entertaining, even if the current incarnation isn't as good as the original series.

I still follow both Japan and the USA's airings every week. I haven't been watching reruns lately, but I'll get to rewatching DP (my last rerun marathon was Battle Frontier earlier this year) after I make room for more free time in place of other activities I'm currently doing in my free time.

I watch 'em if they have a character or Pokémon I like. Hated it when they took out the Plasma episodes. The whole subway arc was just awesome, which really surprised me, so any story arc like that will get my attention.

Definitely not as much as before, but I still love the anime nonetheless! I'm going through a "bored of the anime" phase atm which happens every once in a while, but on average I'd skim through about one episode every week or two. My obsessed phase was towards the beginning of B/W and kind of died down when it was 50 or so episodes in, when I watched an episode almost every day.

Back when I was younger, I watched it weekly almost all the time on KidsWB, if I remember right.

I don't anymore.
But when I did I used to watch every episode every Saturday.

To be honest, I only stick to the movies now unless I'm home on Saturday morning and have absolutely nothing to do and nobody else is home. I occasionally run into short clips on Youtube.

I used to watch the first season or two while flipping through the channels before middle school started. In junior high, the school day started too early and I waited outside for the bus by daybreak.

I watch them in monthly spurts of 3-4 episodes. I used to wake up every morning to watch it, but eh...why bother?

Well a year ago i set out to watch every single episode and movie from the very beginning. It took me a year and i am ahead of the TV schedule here in Britain. So i guess i can be called a hardcore fan?

I use to watch Pokemon everyday back when it was one big fad.

Nowadays, I only watch it to compare what pieces of Japanese BGM were kept in the english version.

I could spend hours watching the anime. I started watching the show from the very beginning online about a month ago. I'm on the johto journeys now. I also have my DVR record battle frontier and new and old episodes of Rival destinies. So I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to the anime.

About two years ago I decided to watch every single episode from the beginning. It took about 4 months of watching at least 3 episodes a day. The most I would watch would be ten episodes in one day :p

Now I watch it everytime a new episode is available with subtitles, so maybe, once a week.

I used to watch it on a daily to weekly basis as a kid, nowadays I rarely watch it, and only watch the movies whenever one comes on.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom