• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember what made me like it, but I'm sure it has something to do with me being young and watching saturday morning cartoons/anime, hehe. I'm a 1990 kid and have been playing since around when the games came out in the states, and these youngin's here make me feel old.

I wonder how these findings work...as it would imply most people got interested after the second generation was introduced.

I got into it after I played Pokemon Blue. Man those where great day's. And than I watched the first season right after.

I was born in september of 1996 and I was connected to Pokemon before I was born. My cousin gave pokemon cards for me at my baby shower "To get me started" but I really got into pokemon when I was 4 when my babysitter gave me his red version. I remember the hardest part of the game for me was when I spent an hour trying to figure out how to go down the stairs.

I was born in 1994 and have 15 years... I usually watched tv in those days of 1999 and well accidentally watched pokemon and since then I've loved it... the first pokemon game I played was the yellow version... I still remember that the first tiem I played stadium I didn't knew how to choose the move I wanted my pokemon to use so I used random moves xD... I also remember always thinking that having moltres, articuno, and zapdos on my team would make me invensible... so obviously I never managed to beat the second round... Yeah... and I discovered EVs and IVs existed a week ago... this explains why the emerald battle factory had those super cool pokemon with super high HP, Attack, etc. While mine where.... emmm almost useles :/

I remember playing Pokemon Stadium. And I was very good at that game. I picked the right Pokemon. I made it to the Elite Four and I beat them. Man those where good times. And I even beat Gary Oak on my first try. Man I had no life back then.

Was born in 1992
was a fan of the anime series on CITV in the mornings, and can remember begging my parents to get me a GameBoy Colour with Pokemon Red on it.
My mom came back with pokemon yellow....
Best mistake she ever made
lol

Was born in 1992
was a fan of the anime series on CITV in the mornings, and can remember begging my parents to get me a GameBoy Colour with Pokemon Red on it.
My mom came back with pokemon yellow....
Best mistake she ever made
lol

I asked my dad for a Blue Version, he came back with Red.

Guess who's my favorite Pokémon ever.

I was born in 1988, and I started watching Pokemon when I was maybe 12. I think I once saw an ad for it somehow for 6pm and then later I started watching it, still a big fan

I'm also still a huge Pokemon fan. I love playing the games. I remember back in school I use to bug my friend who also use to like Pokemon. I use to always bug him so I could play his Pokemon Red game. And I also has a small Pokemon fan base in school. Me and like six or seven other kids we'd all play Pokemon games together and talk about it. Man those where awesome times. And I'm 24 1/2 years old who still loves Pokemon games and Pokemon Music. And I still love to talk about it.

born 1994, first got red with my gameboy... prob when i was 3 or 4? my familys got like, a gene where my dads side of the family really likes to collect things... Pokemon fits in perfectly q.q
i may have started out with the show first, and was like OMG THERES A POKEMON GAME?!?! i must have. so i think i got it for my birthday..

i remember i got it and i was sitting on this rocking chair in my living room, and my family just sort of sat around as i played it and all i remember is the route coming out of Mt. Moon and being liek GUYS I JUST CAUGHT AN EKANS!!!!!!!!!!!! (team rocket had an ekans, i felt so much cooler now that i had one too ;P)

its stuck ever since, although i think gen 2 is my favourite generation. Reds my favourite game because it was possibly the most amazing video i had ever played, and it just stuck that way. Generation 2 has all my favourite pokemon though... so having kanto in gold was a big win :p

compolsive need to collect em all + being lazy = never ending goal.
My diamond save file is from like, november '07 and i still have about 120 pokemon left to catch.. :p

I've been a fan ever since Red and Blue hit the US! I remember all my friends were into it at this daycare I went to, and I had to wait until Christmas! I think I was 4-5 at the time. I just remember having both versions and picking Charmander as my starter.

I also used to have this huge Charmander that I'd use as a pillow, and my brother had a Squirtle. No love for Bulbasaur... ;_;

the older players have more expirience and tend to play tactically.

My pokemon yellow team (last tiem I played it, like 8 years ago)
had a rhydon with surf, thunder, blizzard, and fire blast, and Wen I was teaching it those moves I thought, Yeah it will be invinsible, and I always wondered why it did such little damage. I was like 7 or 8 years old

I was born in 1995 (today is my birthday, actually! Yay, I'm 15! Woops, sry, off topic) and I got into Pokemon around year 2000 when the Pokemon anime started airing in Finland (where I live).

1981 here, and feeling oooooold. First Pokemon game I played was Yellow back in 2000.

While it's to be expected that the fandom is mostly young, it's cool to see that there are plenty of adult fans around.

I agree Bikini Miltank. Since a lot of people still think Pokemon is for children. And it's not. I've seen a lot of 20+ year old in real life still play the Pokemon Card Game.

It's good to find some grownups here :)
Not that I dislike the younger fans, it's just that in real life I'm labeled as a geeky manchild for liking such a kiddy thing (or so they say).

I don't really know when I was first interested in Pokemon. I was born in 1992. I became a fan for a few years, lost interest, and regained it again.

Funny thing is I don't play the games, watch the Movies, or the TV series. I just like pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom