• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Hunter x Hunter Mafia: Battle for Yorknew City! - Endgame: The Phantom Troupe Escapes! (Mafia Win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some would class that as flipping, which is considered scummy. What you're doing is called sheeping, and just voting for people other people vote for without any input from yourself. That's considered scummy.

Also, don't vote for Thanos. I have a feeling.
What is said feeling?

Night 2: An Uneasy Wariness Begins to Grow
Night 2: An Uneasy Wariness Begins to Grow

Day 2 End Votals:
Thanos: 3 (Lone_Garurumon, Spoopster, Ayano Keiko)
Spoopster: 3 (Thanos, Midorikawa, Jinjo)

Some members of the Phantom Troupe had elected to visit the city in an attempt to restore their spirits. They mingled with the thousands of visitors crowding the streets, while keeping a close watch out for any interesting or potentially dangerous Hunters. They needed to remain vigilant against early detection if their plan was to work, although they were highly confident in their abilities.

In an extremely busy intersection in the city, a small group of Hunters wandered through the various booths and stands, looking for anything interesting or valuable to buy. As they did so, they brushed up against one of the Phantom Troupe. While nothing more than a bump, the slight contact set off the senses of one of them in particular. He could not put his finger on why he suddenly was filled with suspicion, and as the group continued down the street, he looked back to watch the figure meander away. All of a sudden, he could no longer see the man, and he stopped, craning his neck in a futile attempt to relocate him. After a few minutes, he gave up and ran ahead to catch up to his group of friends and fellow Hunters.

The leader of the Phantom Troupe smiled as he awaited the return of his fellow thieves from the city. Their plan would begin in earnest tonight!

No one was lynched.

It is now Night 2. It will last for 24 hours and end on April 12 at 10pm PDT (-7 UTC).

Last edited:
Day 3: The First Hunter Falls
Day 3: The First Hunter Falls

The Phantom Troupe made their opening move of the week, targeting one of the auctions that contained some rare antiques and paintings. As they dashed away with their loot, no one was the wiser, as they had left truly exceptional fakes behind to fool the potential buyers who were bidding that night.

Just outside the auction house, a solitary young Hunter was taking a nighttime stroll as he wrestled with his own inner demons. As the Phantom Troupe rushed out of the side exit, they smacked right into him, with some of the loot falling to the ground.

As the Hunter regained his balance, he saw the items on the ground, and looked up into the faces of the thieves before him. His heart seized in his chest as he realized his predicament, and immediately searched for an escape.

Unfortunately for the Hunter, although he was a truly formidable and dangerous individual even at his young age, he stood no chance against the power of the Phantom Troupe alone.

One could only imagine the heart-wrenching reactions of his friends when they would learn of his death the next morning.

Lone_Garurumon was killed. He was:
Lone_Garurumon, you are Killua Zoldyck.

latest

Born to a family of assassins, Killua became a Hunter as an act of rebellion against his family's occupation. However, the training he underwent prior to that ingrained in him a ruthlessness and talent for killing that he is unafraid to let out when he deems it necessary.

While you are no longer an assassin by trade, you are more than willing to kill in defense of your friends, and there are few who can withstand you when you go on the warpath.

As such, you are the 1x Vigilante. During the night phase, you may attempt to kill another player by PMing the action: [Tear the heart out of] Username. You may only use this ability once.

You are aligned with the Hunter's Association, and win when all forces opposing it are dead, while at least one member is alive.

It is now Day 3. It will last for 48 hours and end on Friday, April 13 at 10pm PDT (-7 UTC).

Last edited:
Okay, I've gotten caught up. There's not a ton to go on, but I do have some thoughts.

First, I'm doubtful that there is a bulletproof townie running around, since the serial killer was bulletproof. That said, if there is a one-off BP, or commuter, or jack-of-all-trades who had one BP shot, and you got targeted N1: continue keeping your mouth shut about it. Don't hand the scum a free easy target or soak up doctor protection if you've been reduced to vanilla.

On the last day's lynch candidates:
I feel okay about Thanos right now; confirming someone town so early on in the game is a fairly bold move, especially in a game where a good number of players are sliding under the radar right now. Not sure if it's meant to be a cop softclaim or what, but I'm willing to let it be for now. Mido's play looks... well, like Mido play. Nothing is ringing alarm bells for me, and while I won't discount the possibility of an alignment check managing to hit the godfather, I'm okay with it for now.

Spoopster's posts are... *handwobble* I see some flailing about, but it reads more inexperience than scum to me at this point. Neutral read. I think I would like to see more active contribution vs reaction from them, though.

@Elementar I am curious - you were pushing for a D1 lynch and unvoted to make sure it went through (and we did get a good D1 lynch, I'll give you that) but come D2 I don't think you cast a vote at all, and then we ended up with a tie and no lynch. Was nothing vote-worthy to you that phase even with Thanos, whom you urged others not to vote for, coming pretty close to getting lynched?

OR, this just occurred to me:
Thanos and Mido could be masons/lovers, which would usually confirm at least one's alignment to the other.

We are not.

Anyways vote: funnier
Hi Midori! So this game still exists, kinda.

I assume your vote was pressure cause pressure is about the only valid reason there is with the complete lack of activity. I have literally no reason to scum read anyone though elementars posts do rub me the wrong way for some reason.

Vote: Elementar

Hi Midori! So this game still exists, kinda.

I assume your vote was pressure cause pressure is about the only valid reason there is with the complete lack of activity. I have literally no reason to scum read anyone though elementars posts do rub me the wrong way for some reason.

Vote: Elementar
Me nether so I shall sheep you.

Unvote: funnier
Vote: elementar

Sheeping seems to be the only way to go right now, but nothing seemed particularly off about Elementar's post, so I think I'll pass.

I'd prefer to get a response from Elementar to my questions before casting a vote. Comfortable leaving things where they're at unless two other people come in and tie up the votes, I suppose.

Night 3: The Chain is Broken
Night 3: The Chain is Broken

Day 3 End Votals:

Elementar: 2 (funnier6, Midorikawa)

As Kurapika grieved for his friend Killua, he couldn't stop thinking about the strange encounter in the streets from the previous day. He had heard a rumor that the Phantom Troupe was in town, and after the theft at the auction house the previous night, he was sure that it was true. And if so, it was a golden opportunity to take down his sworn enemies. A determined expression crossed his face as he left his hotel to do some more investigation.

As he wandered the streets searching for clues and watching the crowds, he felt a tug on his senses, very similar to the one he had felt before - one of hidden power and a wealth of experience. Jumping on top of an abandoned booth table, he searched wildly for the source. "There!" he thought to himself, as he pinpointed it - an old man who looked oddly familiar, yet not.

He raced in to attack, fueled by anger and exhilaration at finally confronting his foe. He lashed out with his strongest chain attack in an attempt to take him by surprise. However, as he drew closer, he realized that his anger had blinded him, and he had made a terrible mistake.

Isaac grunted as he felt the unprovoked attack hit him from behind. Realizing that his attacker was much stronger than he originally thought, he spun around as best he could and swung out a fist with as much power as he possibly could, not knowing that while Kurapika had a strong offensive power, the restrictions he had placed on himself left him weak defensively.

The tragedy was, neither held any true malice against each other, and one weak moment left them both lying in pools of blood.

Elementar has been lynched. He was:
Elementar, you are Isaac Netero.

zkpxn4.jpg

Isaac Netero is the current President of the Hunter's Association. He was considered the strongest Nen user in the world when he was in his prime, and still commands tremendous respect from fellow Hunters and foes alike.

As an old man, you do not have the same hardiness and endurance as you once did. However, you still have tremendous strength and anticipation due to your long years of training and vast combat experience, and will fight to your last breath.

As such, you are the Vengeful Bomb. If you are lynched, you will attempt to revenge kill the last player who voted for you. If you are killed at night, you will attempt to revenge kill your attacker.

You are aligned with the Hunter's Association, and win when all forces opposing it are dead, while at least one member is alive.

Midorikawa has been killed. She was:
Midorikawa, you are Kurapika.

latest

Kurapika is the last survivor of the Kurta clan, which was wiped out by the Phantom Troupe in order to harvest their unique scarlet eyes. He is a very intelligent and introverted individual, and his lifelong goal is to get revenge for his clan.

Your primary Nen affinity is in Conjurement, and you use it to create chains that have various powers. One such chain is known as the Dowsing Chain, which has the ability to determine if its target is lying.

As such, you are the Cop. During the night phase, you may PM the action: [Use the Dowsing Chain on] Username. This will attempt to determine the alignment of the target.

Night 3 will end in about 24 hours, on Saturday, April 14 at 11pm PDT (-7 UTC).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom