• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ048: Shine! The Brilliance of Fire and Art!

I am mildly entertained by the fact that Liko and Dot are using their entire teams for the art project, while Roy is only seen with Fuecoco.

I am mildly entertained by the fact that Liko and Dot are using their entire teams for the art project, while Roy is only seen with Fuecoco.
That was what my earlier response was about asking if Roy caught another Pokémon like the girls. That was meant as a joke. Although, I do wonder if maybe he will use Wattrel for his second gym battle.

That was what my earlier response was about asking if Roy caught another Pokémon like the girls. That was meant as a joke. Although, I do wonder if maybe he will use Wattrel for his second gym battle.
It would be nice, but Wattler is so ignored that it's questionable whether it will be used at all. I really don't understand why it was given to Roy when it's clear that the creators don't like this bird very much.

It would be nice, but Wattler is so ignored that it's questionable whether it will be used at all. I really don't understand why it was given to Roy when it's clear that the creators don't like this bird very much.
It's utterly stupifying how much that poor bird is being neglected.

It is comical how much they ignore his existence at this point.
It's really quite sad. If they were just going to shove Fuecoco down our throats nigh non-stop, why'd they even bother giving Roy another Pokemon then? Hell, Tinkatink, who's not even owned by a main protagonist (although she really should be at this point, I mean c'mon, I cant be the only one who thinks so) has had much more consistent appearances since her capture than Wattrel has, not to mention that she's appeared almost as much as Wattrel has already-and Roy caught Wattrel 25 episodes before Dot caught Tinkatink! That's just pathetic. Wattrel is literally becoming the next Dracovish.

Last edited:
who's not even owned by a main protagonist (although she really should be at this point, I mean c'mon, I cant be the only one who thinks so)
Eh, things get messy beyond two. Feel like people but a bit too much emphasis on the word Protagonist. In general not just here.
It's like how Ash's companions (Save for some) aren't technically protagonists despite being present in most every episode of their respective series. Same with how like... any show about a group of people travelling, they are all important and all have plot and such, but only one or occasionally two are the "Protagonist"

It's really quite sad. If they were just going to shove Fuecoco down our throats nigh non-stop, why'd they even bother giving Roy another Pokemon then? Hell, Tinkatink, who's not even owned by a main protagonist (although she really should be at this point, I mean c'mon, I cant be the only one who thinks so) has had much more consistent appearances since her capture than Wattrel has, not to mention that shes appeared almost as much as Wattrel has already-and Roy caught Wattrel 25 episodes before Dot caught Tinkatink! That's just pathetic. Wattrel is literally becoming the next Dracovish.

I think Dot is officially one of the main protagonists starting with this arc.

Going back to the video, I wonder if we may see another Pokémon from Nemona. We know that her battle with Roy will include each of them using Pawmot and Fuecoco respectively. But I wonder if we may see Nemona have another Pokémon on the sidelines or something.

Eh, things get messy beyond two. Feel like people but a bit too much emphasis on the word Protagonist. In general not just here.
It's like how Ash's companions (Save for some) aren't technically protagonists despite being present in most every episode of their respective series. Same with how like... any show about a group of people travelling, they are all important and all have plot and such, but only one or occasionally two are the "Protagonist"
I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. Let me clarify. I don't really care about this "protagonist" label nonsense they've come up with ever since Journeys. (Goh was nowhere near as important a character as Ash was, despite his status as a "protagonist.") If you ask me, the Pokemon anime is the sort of show that should only have one true "protagonist," and then have several other main characters besides, not as important as the main protagonist, but still major characters in their own right. So in that sense, I completely agree with you, like you said, Ash's friends weren't "protagonists," but they were still main, major characters who were important to the show. And plus, they were always with him in every episode, always contributing to the plot.
I think Dot is officially one of the main protagonists starting with this arc.
Really?

The way I see it:
  • All three kids are protagonists, they are the ones with the most focus and development.
  • However most marketing labels only Liko and Roy as co-protagonists, whether because Dot is still just a supporting character ala Chloe or because Dot is kind off a semi-spoiler territory since she doesn't establish herself early on.
  • On the other hand, the actual story's perspective and focus, plus how they present the kids in marketing treats Liko as THE primary protagonist. Only reason I can think of as to why they don't outright say it, is possibly because boys won't get upset or something if a girl is the sole lead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom