• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I don't get the Masuda Method. (semi-rant)

You know, ever since the Masuda Method was first introduced, I have never had any luck with it. I have Pokemon traded from all over the world in my boxes and never hatched a single shiny through that method. Now, I have hatched shinies before, but that was pure luck and I didn't breed Pokemon from other regions during that time.

As BlackOsprey said, you have to really want to do that method if you want results. There are some people with a boatload of patience where they soft reset thousands of times just to get a shiny egg. I wish I had their patience, but I don't, and even if I did, I don't have the time. You either have to really want it and be patient, or go out and complete your Pokedex to get the Shiny Charm to increase your odds.

Ew, I'd rather grind and train my Poké's and just come across shinies naturally. My Bank account is almost full. I certainly don't need 500 whatever's hogging valuable box space.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom