• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Maybe yeah, or a Ghost/Steel, OR BOTH!

OK, maybe not both.

Ghost/Steel? I can only think of a Pokémon resembling Durarara's Dullahan with this type.

I do get the reference, but I was thinking more of its armor, if it had an armor,of course.

Oh, and a Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin boss

An Egyptian cat Pokemon that evolves into a feminine humanoid cat based on the ancient Egyptian goddess Bastet.

I'd really like to see a Water/Fire type based on a fish with characteristics of a teapot/kettle.

An Egyptian cat Pokemon that evolves into a feminine humanoid cat based on the ancient Egyptian goddess Bastet.

That would be great! I'd like some Pokemon based on mythological gods/creatures in any case. Cerberus, Zeus (in ox form perhaps?), Anubis (Jackal)...so many different things to choose from.

there are a number of potentially bug themes i'd hoping might pop in this gen. :)

a full caterpillar > pupae > beetle line [bug/rock,fighting,steel,ground or even ice]
a new wasp[bug/dark or poison]
a themed scarab [bug/rock]
an electric type lightning bug [electric bug], evo of illumise?
a fire type fire fly [fire/bug], evo of volbeat?
a maggot > fly [bug, bug/flying]
a mosquito [psychic/bug]
some sort of water beetle or heck even a shrimp [for water/bug]
earth worm [ground/bug]
a tick [ew]
a weevil
a horsefly [gimmick pokemon? normal/bug?]

What about another gargoyle Pokemon? It could be Rock, Rock/Flying, or Rock/Dragon, and they could appear at the top of certain buildings. They'd be lonely because they outlive most of their human friends/because people mistake them for sstatues and never go near them, and want people to interact with them. And they could be the next Voltorb: you interact with them, thinking they're just a statue with a PokeBall in its mouth. Turns out, it's a trick to initiate a fun battle for their amusement.

Stupid idea, I know. But I like it.

How about a digital Pokemon? Not 'digital' in the sense of Porygon, but more like Rotom. I think it'd work well with Rotom - the new Pokemon could represent data and information.

I'd like to propose an Ice/Bug wasp/bee.

I know what Beedril is, don't even start.

Let's see...we still have yet to see the unlikely fire/water combo-type Pokemon. If there were to be a Pokemon like that, then I could see some boiling water Pokemon or a volcano Pokemon (though we already have that).

And my three favorite types: psychic, ghost and dark. I would love to see a dual-type psychic/ghost and psychic/dark Pokemon. A psychic/ghost Pokemon could be some kind of exorcist-kind Pokemon and a psychic/dark Pokemon seems really evil (in a good way).

Electric/Fighting Pokemon.

First form is a "sock"...not really a living sock, but a strange creature wearing a sock-based outfit, like, its head looks like a sock-puppet (with little button eyes), it has a thunderbolt pattern around its neck (like the little lines on socks around the ankle), its hands have sock gloves, and its feet look like the pajama buttons. There'd be a little flap in the back where the creature's real tail would be. Why Electric/Fighting? Well, it's footwear, so it'd be able to kick, and it'd also gather static electricity moving around due to being a sock.

Second form it relocates to a giant sneaker shoe. You see its eyes in the holes where the shoestring goes, and it has a row of teeth that are between the end of the shoe, and were the sole begins. It's got large, cable shoestrings as well which it uses to move around, and can also restrict opponents by wrapping around them and shocking them.

Also, a Grass/Fighting Pokemon based off Pinocchio...it's a marionette doll, and it uses its strings like wires to swing around like a Tokusatsu/Wuxia type fighter, performing all kinds of cool acrobatic attacks. It'd also have a cool little mask made out of leaves.

To Zeta's big book of unused Pokemon concepts! It's gotten a lot smaller because of Gen V being so awesome. This list omits mythological creatures, which are extensive enough to cover their own post.

New Concepts
Mammals:
* Tasmanian Devil
* Opossum
* Wombat
* Koala
* Tree Kangaroo
* Armadillo (If Sandshrew really is indeed a pangolin)
* Shrew
* Ring-tailed Lemur
* Galago / Bush Babies
* Wolf (It's kind of absurd at this point)
* African Wild Dog
* Coyote
* Red Panda/Lesser Panda
* Raccoon (It's kind of funny. We have a ton of similar animals like meerkats and tanuki, but not raccoon)
* Puma/Mountain Lion
* Snow Leopard
* Lynx/Bobcat
* Cheetah
* Dolphin (Same deal as wolf - silly)
* Narwhal
* Sperm Whale
* Any other species of whale or cetacean aside from Orca and Blue Whale
* Reindeer
* Warthog
* Llama/Alpaca
* Okapi
* Gazelle
* Moose
* Mountain Goat
* Antelope
* Wildebeast
* Yak
* Donkey
* Plain ol' Horse (Not a unicorn or zebra)
* Manatee
* Porcupine
* Chipmunk
* Lemming (Lemming used Self-Destruct!)
* Hamster
* Capybara
* Snowshoe Hare
* Jackrabbit
* Mandrill
* Elephant Seal
* Mink
* Flying Fox
* Leopard Seal
* Wolverine
* Marmoset

* Birds:
* Kiwi
* Cassowary
* Albatross
* Magnificent Frigatebird (Sounds obscure but their image is very distinctive and memorable)
* Heron
* Spoonbill
* Flamingo
* Ibis
* Stork
* Goose
* Falcon
* Turkey
* Peacock
* Quail
* Puffin
* Sandpiper
* Scarlet Macaw
* Cockatoo
* Gray parrot
* Parakeet
* Lovebird
* Cockatiel
* Lorikeet
* Roadrunner
* Snowy Owl
* Nightjar/Frogmouth
* Hummingbird
* Kingfisher
* Toucan
* Hornbill
* Mockingbird
* Bluejay
* Cardinal
* Bird of Paradise
* Booby
* Robin
* Lyrebird
* Kookaburra
* Canary
* Dodo

Reptiles
:
* Wormlizards
* Tuatara
* Thorny Devil
* Iguana
* Bearded Dragon
* Common Anole
* Frill-necked Lizard
* Komodo Dragon
* Gila Monster
* Boa/Python
* Sea Snake
* Coral Snake
* Flying Snake

Amphibians:
* Caecilians
* Tree Frog
* Gliding Frog

Fish
:
* Hammerheads - or really any sharks besides half a great white (Sharpedo)
* Goblin Shark
* Whale Shark
* Sawfish
* Elephantfish
* Electric Ray
* Stingray
* Lungfish
* Sturgeon
* Paddlefish
* Arawana
* Moray Eel
* Salmon/Trout
* Viperfish
* Dragonfish
* Toadfish
* Flyingfish
* Oarfish
* Pipefish
* Grouper
* Moorish Idol
* Clownfish
* Lionfish
* Barracuda
* Parrotfish
* Beta Fish/Fighting Fish

Insects:
* Cockroach
* Flea
* Tick
* Housefly
* Termite
* Grasshopper
* Locust
* Stink Bug
* Water Bowman
* Water Scorpion
* Fire Beetle
* Water Beetle
* Jeweled Beetle
* Bombardier Beetle
* Mosquito
* Soldier/Army Ant
* Monarch Butterfly
* Black Widow Spider

Misc Invertebrates:

* Sea Songe
* Sea Squirts
* Anemone
* Squid
* Sea Snail
* Earthworm
* Sea Cucumber
* Sea Urchin
* Krill/Shrimp
* Plankton

Dinosaurs and other Prehistoric Animals:
* Tyrannosaurid (T-Rex)
* Hadrosaur (Duckbills)
* Stegosaurus
* Spinosaurus
* Carnotaurus
* Ornithomimids (Ostrich-likes)
* Dromeosaurids (Raptors)
* Hesperornithoforms (Sealbirds)
* Diplodocids (While we've had several Brachiosaurus-based Pokemon, there's never been one with a traditional sauropod body style - that is - the long neck balances out the tail which is the main weapon)
* Kronosaurus
* Icthyosaurus
* Diatryma/Gastornis (Terror Birds)
* Wooly Rhinoceros
* Smilodon (Saberooth)
* Baluchitherium/Indricotherium (Giant Rhino and largest land mammal)
* Dimetrodon
* Dunkleoteus
* Megatherium

Concepts That Could Probably Be Revisited
For Pokemon that touch on a concept but evolve into something completely different (Slakoth -> Slaking). Or who weird it up to near unrecognizably (Spinda).
* Echidna (Cyndaquil starts as one and then diverges into something unrecognizable)
* Platypus (Ditto for Psyduck - also - real Platypi are poisonous and electric, which is more than enough to go on for a Pokemon concept).
* Kangaroo (The only connection Kangaskhan has to this concept is their pouch).
* Panda Bear (No, I don't count Spinda)
* Tiger (At least as a non-Legendary)
* Orca (Non-Legendary)
* Camel (Numel and Camerupt are . . . kind of camels - there's still room for a pure Ground-type, though)
* Gorilla
* Giraffe
* Sloth
* Rinocerous (Rhyhorn's line is obviously more kaiju/dinosaur than rhinoceros at this point)
* Hyena
* Duck
* Ostritch
* Condor
* Anteater
* Hawks/Eagles
* Chameleon
* Rattlesnake
* Shark
* Preying Mantis
* Snail
* Mammoth
* Venus Flytrap
* Thunderbird

I've heard people say the reason we don't have dolphins is because they're hunted by the Japanese.

Which is just plain silly.

But you could probably work that angle into a Pokemon, though, like an aquatic Farfetch'd. But I like the various ideas I've seen thrown around utilizing the sonar powers of dolphins and giving it a "ring" motif, like having a ring that floats around its body so its perpetually jumping through a hoop.

For generations I've wanted a wolf/husky based Pokemon. A real powerpack. Kind of an ice-type Aracanine. That'd be sweet.

Hey, GF granted my wish last gen for a ghost/water type, so who knows!!

I'd also like some dino mons...maybe a T Rex or raptor <333

a lot of things in that list can fit different pokes. not all pokes are based on a single animal, and pokes technically arent 'animals' and do not exactly correspond but rather, are inspired by. so, again, a lot of those can already be considered "touched upon" satisfying a bunch of the target audience. from each category i can name a few pokes that match an animal listed.

that said, they *do* like to return to some ideas. we have several different frogs now, more rodents than i'd care for, plenty of moths [but i want moar!] and a few pigs. plenty other overlapping inspiring-animals. so everything on this list, and not, are valid.

also, that list is fantastic. i would love a proper squid pokemon!!!

I kind of want an Electric-type to be added to the Monkey Trio (Pansear, Pansage, Panpour...then it would be a quartet). It would probably look ridiculous, though. I keep imagining it with a yellow lightning symbol on top of its head, and it could evolve with the Thunder Stone. I don't know about its name, though, since it has to be cooking-related.

I kind of want an Electric-type to be added to the Monkey Trio (Pansear, Pansage, Panpour...then it would be a quartet). It would probably look ridiculous, though. I keep imagining it with a yellow lightning symbol on top of its head, and it could evolve with the Thunder Stone. I don't know about its name, though, since it has to be cooking-related.

And it would be crossing its arms and represent "do no evil". The three wise monkeys may sometimes be depicted with a fourth member, so it could definitely work. I personally dislike the elemental monkeys, but I honestly wouldn't say no to a fourth member. Electric-types are awesome.

Why does it have to be cooking related, though? The only one whose name might be cooking-related is Pansear (pan searing), unless I'm missing something on the other two here.

A giant flying fox bat would be awesome.

tumblr_m3vozvrfP41r843b5o1_500.jpg

It could be a stand alone no evo or two evolution Dark/Flying or Dark/Psychic.

Attachments

• tumblr_m3vozvrfP41r843b5o1_500.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 589
And it would be crossing its arms and represent "do no evil". The three wise monkeys may sometimes be depicted with a fourth member, so it could definitely work. I personally dislike the elemental monkeys, but I honestly wouldn't say no to a fourth member. Electric-types are awesome.

Why does it have to be cooking related, though? The only one whose name might be cooking-related is Pansear (pan searing), unless I'm missing something on the other two here.

Both ''Pouring'' and ''Sage'' are also elements of cooking, but one has to do with liquids, while the other is a herb (iirc).

YES!

I'd like it to either be a stand alone, or evolve into a Dracula-like mon with wing/capes.

Both ''Pouring'' and ''Sage'' are also elements of cooking, but one has to do with liquids, while the other is a herb (iirc).

YES!

I'd like it to either be a stand alone, or evolve into a Dracula-like mon with wing/capes.

OR a genetic test subject. Yes I watch too many animated movies.

Also, it raps. Yes.

Back
Top Bottom