• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Perhaps a pokemon modeled after one of those fish that spits to get its prey, but it shoots fire instead of water?

I want some more horse Pokemon.

Flying Horse (Flying type) <- Pure flying, please.

Kelpie (Water Type)

the Mares of Diomedes, which fed on human flesh (Dark Type) <- I just want this.

Sleipnir, Odin's eight-legged horse in Norse myths (Bug) <- Pair that with Grass

What about a evo for Sandslash. It would be called Sandsmash. It would not be hunched. It would have longer claws. It would have the spikes on the back. It's toe nails would be made for grabbing Earth.

Mabey, but ive aways thoufht about an evilution BETWEEN sandshrew and sandslash.

Sandscratch

Ability: Sand Veil
Species: Mouse
Type: Ground

Like a smaller sandslash with 1 claw on each hand a fewer spikes.

Leaf Stone - some Grass evo or maybe a Grass/Poison evo. I have a cool drawing of it, but I think it's in my locker at school. It had a really cool tail, kind of like a flower that hasn't bloomed yet with little pollen things comming out of it (I think those are called stomata, if I remember correctly from bio last year). I like the name Iveeon.

This post is from 2006. I bet this guy feels awesome right about now.

i want an evolution for Dunsparce... and all those other forgotten pokemon of the past... but mostly Dunsparce. :'(

Like in my hacked games (Jade and Opal Versions), you could do something special to evolve him into Balisparce (based on a Basilisk).

Balisparce
Type: Normal/Flying
Abilities: Intimidate/Petrify (Petrify does basically the same thing as Static)
Would that kick butt or what? 8D

oh, also: evolution for Banette! Dusclops got one, and the Shuppet and Duskull families are BFFs. :'(

I think they should make a water and fire type. Maybe Godzilla or something

Yeah a Fire/Water would be great. Also modelling it after Godzilla is an interesting idea...A creature that lives near to deep-sea volcanoes, maybe? Probbaly a bit lame, but what about giving it a branch, depending on gender? A female evolves into a prim Water, secondary Fire, and reverse for the male?...Yeah, it's lame.:lol:
Also a Fire/Dragon should be necessary. If only Charizard weren't introduced as a starter...This fact sc*rwed it's career as a dragon.:-(
Maybe a Varanus-based family? Wait, that would fit to Fire/Water too.
It would be interesting to see a Grass/Fire. But I can't think-out anything else than something based on a volcanic or desert plant.

Perhaps a pokemon modeled after one of those fish that spits to get its prey, but it shoots fire instead of water?

That sounds cool. One of my friends designed a Fire/Water type he calls "Dolferno". It's a dolphin that's part fire. I don't have any of his pics, but it's pretty cool.

I have one based, secondarily, on Torterra (mostly from what Torterra what based off of, as learned here), and, primarily, on the lion turtle of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Here it is, as follows:

Aquerra
Grass/Ground
Ability: Cosmic Swim (Name Pending)--This pokemon gains the "Water" type. (In depth: Aquerra gets STAB on Water moves. When attacked, save by a pokemon with Mold Breaker, Aquerra is treated as a Grass/Ground/Water type.)

^^So, it has, essentially, Electric immunity; Water, Ground, Rock, and Steel resistances of 0.5; and Ice, Flying, Bug, and Grass weakness of 2. Mold Breaker returns its typings to those of Torterra. I figured its base stats would be 106 HP (for a max of 416), 90 Attack and Sp. Atk (max of 306), 110 Defense and Sp. Def (max of 350), and Speed of 34 (for a speed slightly higher than Sudowoodo's--this generally wouldn't matter: this pokemon will generally move last).

It'd have Gust, Air Slash, Air Cutter, the common Rock and Ground moves, most all of the common Water moves, and Leaf Storm, Grass Knot, Wood Hammer, Solarbeam, Magical Leaf, Seed Bomb, Synthesis, and Ingrain, to give it a few Grass moves. I'd maybe give it Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball, though I may be overcompensating it. Aromatherapy, SR, Spikes would be some support options I guess; lastly, I'd give it Refresh, choice of Ingrain/Aqua Ring, and a new move called Purge Circle or something, where, every two turns, any status condition on the pokemon is removed. (There is an idea behind the Flying type moves; the rest is mostly conventional.)

As you can see, I kinda also made a new ability (in addition to a new concept for abilities) as well, so eh. I really like the idea of this pokemon, so, naturally, I made it pretty powerful--it gets STAB on 3 decent typings, very high HP (made to hit the 101 Sub # and then some), good defense, good attack. Its speed though means it suffers one attack more or the same amount of attacks as the enemy pokemon though; as well, having 5 decent stats and 3 will it will very likely use, EV spreading is a chore.

Let's see:

-More new type combinations, such as Fire/Ice, Ghost/Fighting, Electric/Poison, etc.

-More new types, if they're done right and aren't pointless.

-More Pokemon based upon inanimate objects.

-More Dark-types who emphasize either any form of literal darkness or demonic evil power for a change. An Agahnim-lookalike would fit the bill.

-More Grass, Bug and Poison-types with good stats.

-More pure Steel and Flying-types.

-An alternate evo. for Torchic, so we can have another dual Fire/Flying-type that isn't either some kind of reptile or a legendary.

-Some actual ???-type Pokemon. There are already some existing Pokemon, like Ditto and Arceus, who sound like they can fall under that category.

-A non-reptilian Grass-type starter line for once.

I also came up with a few new ideas. (i had help from a friend. i gave him base ideas and he improved upon them. one of these is his idea.

Gauntowl-a stone evoulution of noctowl. must be fainted at level 20 or higher, use a dusk stone, and voila. Gauntowl is an undead owl who floats and has hands sort of like haunters, but his fingers turn into thin claws that split and curve at the end. they never grow or break. his color schematics are black body with four purple stripes and blue eyes and a grey beak. his shiny form is purple body with black stripes and red eyes with a golden beak. his skill is fear face. it sharply decreases the special attack and special defense of the target.

Burrin-legendary ground pokemon. as small as a rattata, with drills for claws, a small shovel-like nose, black stripe like a bandana just behind his eyes, which are black spots because he is blind. he is also extremely strong and has great defense. is slow. can burrow farther than steelix, and can withstand the earths core temperatures. still thinking if he needs an evolution.

i then have a fighting-grass type goat. his stomach fur touches the ground. will eat anything. good strenght. his hoves have a sort ofcurved back part that looks like a boxing glove thumb area. small curved horns, white body with a touch of green because he moves slower than slakoth, so he gets a sort of fungus growth on him, but its just a green coloration.havent thought up a name. any ideas?

Glacerin-legendary ice-steel type. my friend, (before it got taken by the evee evolution) named it glaceon, so i came up with the idea to stick to the basic name area. looks somewhat like dialga. like dialga, has a sort of chest plate of ice, except it keeps going until it reachs a sort of jagged end like icicles so that it's like side armor. its head has an ice needle srouting back, like dialga, but it has a slight curve. and its face has a jaggedy shape to it like ice. also has ans unbreakable tail of pure crystal-like ice. as you can tell, its a lot of ice.

have yet to come up with their skill (intimidate, blaze etc,)
but i will post back once i have (Same with shiny forms.)

Except that those aren't ideas for new Pokemon. They're existing Pokemon as Spore creatures. Not exactly relevant to this thread.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom