• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I whole heartedly agree with Sandstorm Castform, but I think an evolution is a bit much. As much as I love Castform (he's in my Top 10 Favorites), I think an evolution would wreck its gimmick. Then again, I thought the same about Porygon 2, and was pleasantly suprised with Porygon-Z, so maybe GameFreak could do something cool for an evolution. As for me though, I have no idea what he'd evolve into.
maybe some thing that dosent have a base form and after it stays in a weather condition it stays that way till a new weather condition occurs:
it started hailing and castform evo becomes hail form. it stays that way untila new conditon happens

tumblr_lh3na4rjTn1qg1lfko1_500.png

WHY IS THIS NOT A POKÉMON!?!?

I have an idea for some 'dark and edgy' Legendaries that are really just good guys who look scary as hell. Pretty much Darkrai but without the bullcrap about its territory, or a less misanthropic version of the Muskedeers.

---------

Four Horsemen Legendaries:

War: Senkabazu
Pestilince: Biokabazu
Famine: Ueikabazu
Death: Shikabazu

I guess great minds think alike - I had a similar idea for my fan game:

Plagritter 「プラグリタ」
Pestilence Pokémon
Type: Poison/Dark
Ability: Outbreak - Similar to the Mummy ability, but it also inflicts bad poisoning.
Name origin: From the German words Plage "plague" and Ritter "horseman"
Appearance: A centaur-like creature with the body of a white horse and the head and torso of a purple rat covered in boils.

Belleques 「ベレクェス」
War Pokémon
Type: Fighting/Dark
Ability: Infighting - an automatic Swagger/Flatter, makes the foes attack each other in Double/Triple battles instead of themselves
Name origin: From the Latin words bellum "war" and eques "horseman"
Appearance: A centaur-like creature with the body of a blood-red horse and a humanoid head and torso covered in scars.

Hippolimos 「ヒポリモス」
Famine Pokémon
Type: Ground/Dark
Ability: Blight - negates the effects of berries, Leftovers, and HP-draining moves, as well as Synthesis and Ingrain
Name origin: From the Greek words hippótes "horseman" and limós "famine"
Appearance: A centaur-like creature with the body of a black horse and an insectoid head and torso, the skin of which is dry and cracked.

Marcabas 「マーカバス」
Mortality Pokémon (can't say "death" in a kid's game lol...)
Type: Ghost/Dark
Ability: Oblivion - grants priority and an accuracy boost to one-hit KO moves and negates Focus Band/Sash, Sturdy, Natural Cure, Shed Skin, and Regenerator, as well as non-draining recovery moves
Name origin: From the Irish words marcach "horseman" and bás "death"
Appearance: A centaur-like creature with the body of a pale, greenish horse and a skeletal humanoid head and torso, wrapped in a black cloak and carrying a scythe made of bone.

Do we have a legit "Hawk" or "falcon" like pokemon? I would like that for some new bird types. Also, an eevee evolution that evolves into flying type when trained in a high alltitude. I'd call it Airyeon. *sigh* It would be white with snowy soft bird like wings....

But some of the ideas though,....Like I love the 4 horseman idea for pokemon but i think because little kids still play it they wouldn't put pokes like that in the game. Idk, I feel like parents would have something to say about it ya know?

Last edited:
Jagspark a electric fire type.

Forcedra normal/dragon pseudo legendary high Attack Defence and Sp Defence really low special atk and speed

The two four horsemen ideas are awesome.

I've been thinking about making some legendary pokemon based on the four fundamental forces of matter interaction, gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force, and strong nuclear force.

I would like to see a Pokemon that is basically a floating stone mask although I am not a Pokemon fan so to speak. Also, a Pokemon based on a cockroach would be cool.

What about legendarys based on some of nintendos famous characters

A fighting type gorilla named Donkong(inspiration obvious)
flying/fire type tanooki naed Feathire(mario)
a fighting type green wolfm carrying several weapons named Hewolf, a portmanteau of hero, and wolf(link)
a Rock ice type named Icaria (samus)
A grass/ground type golem that that has plantlike growthes on it's back(pikmin)

If only they had kept the original cyber-dragon design for the Hydreigon line as a Steel/Dragon...

A haunted tree pokemon - grass/ghost

I think I saw a design of this on someone's fakedex in deviantart. If anyone could dig that out, that would be super super awesome lol thanks.

I think a trio of bugs would be cool: a bug/fire fire ant, a bug/electric firefly (even though we already have fireflies but this would be cooler), and a bug/ice icebug. I think it would be a cool trio, possibly a two-stage trio like the monkeys, or a one-stage legendary trio going back to the ice-electric-fire roots.

Fruit pokemons - strawberry, apple, banana, orange, grapes, kiwi, etc. And they're all edible which means they can be eaten by humans. Which is freaky haha..

Im really looking forward to some way to utilize Unown as a pokemon viable in battle so maybe an evolution or form? Collecting all the Unowns and showing the Unown dex would trigger some kind of fusion event which would summon an Unown overmind. Huge Sp.Atk and health, abysmal speed, some signature moves and unique ability. Let it happen...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom