• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

A pokemon based on a fire place, could be a grass/fire or a fire/steel type

I need help with this one, a fire/ ice type based on the concept that it's so cold it burns. I have no Idea what it would look like though.

An Igloo Pokemon, because despite being made of ice Igloos are surprisingly warm inside (especially with a fireplace).

It could be the evolution of Torkoal!

I was thinking that their could be a pokemon designed and based around a mini supernova. It could possibly be an evolution of solrock? But I don't think it's necessary. It would be 'The Nova Pokemon' and its type could be fire and ghost or psychic. It could look similar to a spiritomb which reminds of a black hole in a way. I really like this idea so if someone would be nice enough to reply back to add to it, I would be thankful.

I think that Fire/psychic would be a better typing, and it would have high special deface and attack, and would be a spectate line from the solrock line. and would change colors when it eveloved

Last edited:
Schrödinger's cat would be an interesting concept for a Normal/Ghost mon.

I need help with this one, a fire/ ice type based on the concept that it's so cold it burns. I have no Idea what it would look like though.

I thought of an Ice/Fire type before, but it's suppose to be a floating crystal ball w/ evil yellow eyes containing blue fire inside.

We still need a Bug/Dark combination. Maybe some sort of swarming insect, like wasps or something? It could have an ability where it's stronger in groups, maybe a buff on stats when in double or triple battles and a double buff when it's in a double or triple battle with another one of itself.

We still need a Bug/Dark combination. Maybe some sort of swarming insect, like wasps or something? It could have an ability where it's stronger in groups, maybe a buff on stats when in double or triple battles and a double buff when it's in a double or triple battle with another one of itself.

I would recommended for it to be spider based, but was already have two of those, how about a termite?
A ground/bug type based on a dung beadle would be cool only instead of moving dung, it could move earth

Bug/dark? I'm thinking a roach. I've only seen them in dim to dark places. I think I'll design one of those too. In fact, I'll design two, one to evolve into the other and the line will be based on the palmetto bug, which is a type of giant roach. Palmette will be the first stage, and Eboroach is the evolved form. The former's name should be obvious, but the latter is "ebony" + "roach." Ebony is a black color.

I got another idea: A mage that'll evolve into either a wizard or a witch depending on its gender. The wizard will be Psychic, and the witch will be Psychic/Dark.

Bug/dark? I'm thinking a roach. I've only seen them in dim to dark places. I think I'll design one of those too. In fact, I'll design two, one to evolve into the other and the line will be based on the palmetto bug, which is a type of giant roach. Palmette will be the first stage, and Eboroach is the evolved form. The former's name should be obvious, but the latter is "ebony" + "roach." Ebony is a black color.

That's perfect! here's a cookie

A fighting/flying type based on a fighter jet

I still want to see a Pokemon based on a stegosaurus. Nothing fancy. Probably would be cool if it were a rock type. Just rock.

Also bug and steel type Eevee evolutions? And ghost eventually. Eevee is so awesome.

Excuse my unoriginality please.

A Ice/rock type based on a glass cannon, amazing attack, lowest defense in the game.

What have I done: A bulky water/ground type sea cow, or manatee if I was more specific, w/ Sap Sipper, allowing it to have no weakness.

I had a line of wolves in mind, even went as far as moveset, stats and abilities, but I won't type all the details :) yea you're welcome

Wolfur- ice type baby wolf pokemon [48 50 50 50 50 74]

Wolfang (evolves from wolfur)- an ice type adolescent wolf pokemon [53 73 53 73 53 97]

Malpha (evolves from male Wolfang)- a quite big ice/fighting wolf pokemon with 2 feet on each leg resulting in increased agility. Has an orange martial artsy headband made of energy/aura. Can stand on hind legs for a while and can form a fist with the feet on a front leg, enabling it to learn moves like drain punch. sig move: side dodge, protects from single target attacks while raising evasion, fails with succession. [53 126 90 73 73 107]

Galpha (evolves from female Wolfang)- a reddish ice/fire wolf pokemon that was outcast from its pack. Leaves a trail of red energy/aura as it runs. Is filled with rage due to it being exiled, thus learns a lot of "anger" moves such as rage. sig move: temper, a weak/moderate fire type attack that leaves the target frozen at the end of the next turn, similar to yawn's effects. [90 73 53 107 73 126]

wow, having nothing to do in a day can really make ur mind wander haha

I had a line of wolves in mind, even went as far as moveset, stats and abilities, but I won't type all the details :) yea you're welcome

Wolfang (evolves from wolfur)- an ice type adolescent wolf pokemon [53 73 53 73 53 97]

Malpha (evolves from male Wolfang)- a quite big ice/fighting wolf pokemon with 2 feet on each leg resulting in increased agility. Has an orange martial artsy headband made of energy/aura. Can stand on hind legs for a while and can form a fist with the feet on a front leg, enabling it to learn moves like drain punch. sig move: side dodge, protects from single target attacks while raising evasion, fails with succession. [53 126 90 73 73 107]

Galpha (evolves from female Wolfang)- a reddish ice/fire wolf pokemon that was outcast from its pack. Leaves a trail of red energy/aura as it runs. Is filled with rage due to it being exiled, thus learns a lot of "anger" moves such as rage. sig move: temper, a weak/moderate fire type attack that leaves the target frozen at the end of the next turn, similar to yawn's effects. [90 73 53 107 73 126]

I had a similar idea, except what I had in mind was an Ice/Dark arctic wolf that evolves once.

I had a similar idea, except what I had in mind was an Ice/Dark arctic wolf that evolves once.

Yea yea, my female fully evolved was originally ice/dark too and it would be "sneaky thieving" based instead of my now "revenge" based galpha, but then thought we already have sneasel/weavile and we dont have ice/fire, so not much reason not to change

A three-stage Bug/Steel type, based on a rhinoceros beetle, with Battle Armour or Sturdy as its ability. High Defence/Sp. Defence for its middle stage (as with all pupa-based Pokemon) and High Attack/Defence/HP stats but lacklustre Sp. Attack/Sp. Defence/Speed stats for its final form. Also, since members of the rhino beetle family are some of the largest insects in the world, this one should be too. I'd love to see one as big as a car. Giant Bug-type Pokemon FTW!

Well, I designed some starter Pokemon the other day. :D

fan_starter_pokemon_by_great_aether-d4s9g05.png

I hope they look alright. This is the first time I've designed any starters. Anyway, here's the information for all three.

Name: Tawnog (from "groundhog" and "Punxutawny Phil," the name of the groundhog used for Groundhog Day in Pennsylvania)
Type:
Grass.gif

Species: Groundhog Pokemon
Ability: Overgrow
Hidden Ability: Chlorophyll
Evolution: Evolves into Hograss at lv. 15

Pokedex Entry: Although small, it is fast and can use the leaf on its tail for balance when it runs. The leaf also contains many nutrients and a Tawnog cannot survive without it.

Stats:
HP: *
Attack: **
Special Attack: **
Defense: *
Special Defense: *
Speed: ***

Name: Kinder (from "kid," which is a baby goat, and "cinder." The word kinder itself is also German for kid or child)
Type:
type_fire.png

Species: Little Goat Pokemon
Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Drought
Evolution: Evolves into Ignihorn at lv. 17

Pokedex Entry: This Pokemon always has a fire burning in its stomach. The flames on its horns go out whenever it sleeps, but they can burn as hot as newly formed lava.

Stats:
HP: *
Special Attack: ***
Defense: *
Special Defense: **
Speed: **

Name: Hippa (Corruption of "hippo" or combination of "hippo" and "aqua")
Type:
type_water.gif

Species: Hippo Pokemon
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Ability: Water Absorb
Evolution: Evolves into Drippotta at lv. 16

Pokedex Entry: It stores up water inside its large mouth and then fires it through its nostrils. It is always found in fresh water rivers and lakes and feeds on the seaweed there.

Stats:
HP: **
Special Attack: *
Defense: ***
Special Defense: **
Speed: *

I'll decide level up moves another time, as usual. xP

I thought of a weasel-Skcub-dark type that evolves into Tigerine-tiger/wolverine fighting/dark type.

A water type based on a spring, if evolved in a volcano or volcano like location the it will evolve in to a fire water type based on a hot spring or a mineral pool. I evolved in a different cave then it will evolve in to a ground water type based on a geyser.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom