• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

It would be cool to have a dolphin Pokemon with bulky defenses that could act as a tank. It wouldn't hit hard because its Attack and Special Attack power isn't the highest but can take hits like no ones business. Its common moveset would be:

- Toxic
- Bulk Up
- Aqua Jet
- Protect/Rest

It would be called Dolfin (yeah, I'm not very creative) and its ability would Storm Drain.

With the introduction of terrain moves, which kind of act like weather but are actually their own mechanic, why not make a terrain-based counterpart to Castform?

How about we have a Pokémon that can learn every field move? Even via level-up? It would be the perfect HM Slave! Its concept would revolve around having a very strong desire to help travelers, so much so that it has adapted to every situation where others might need help.

Baltarok (Balto + Amarok; a wolf in Inuit Mythology)
The Frozen Wolf Pokemon
Type: Ice/Fighting
Ability: Refrigerate, Scrappy (Hidden)
Evolves from Pupsky (puppy and husky) at level 36 at night

Baltarok are solitary hunters who prefer to operate at night. The cold air that radiates from their body and eerie howls strike fear into their prey. They are also known to help trainers and pokemon become stronger if they are deemed worthy.

HP: 70
Attack: 115
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 110

Notable moves: Crunch, Return, Extremespeed, Close Combat, Thunder Punch, Blaze Kick, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Swords Dance

My attempt at an Ice type with stats, moves and ability working together unlike most Ice types. Powerful offensively with many different moves but frail due to its typing. It's a werewolf like creature with icy claws, glowing yellow eyes and cold air constantly radiating from it.

Skrider (Sky and Rider)
The Fighting Hopper Pokemon
Type: Bug/Fighting
Ability: Compoundeyes, Tinted Lens (Hidden)
Evolves from Leacust (Leap + Locust) at level 45 with Jump Kick in its moveset, Leacust evolves from Jopper (Jump + Hopper) at level 30

Skrider live in plains and forests protecting weaker pokemon. Skrider upon evolving fashion a scarf made of foliage which they wear at all times. With it's sharp eyesight and strong legs very few can withstand its High Jump Kick.

HP: 75
Attack: 125
Defense: 80
Special Attack:120
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 120

Notable Moves: High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Bounce, U-turn, X-Scissor, Bug Buzz, Boomburst, Focus Blast, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Poison Jab, Acrobatics

My attempt at a Pseudo-Legendary based on Kamen Rider. Both of its abilities improve its offensive potential by giving it more reliably strong moves or increasing damage on a resisted hit. It's a humanoid grasshopper with clawed hands, long wings that when folded resemble a cape, it wears a scarf that it fashions out of grass when it evolves.

Last edited:
Vespigard (Vespi, latin for Wasp & Gard, guard)
Evolves from male Combee at level 50
Type: Bug/Fighting
Ability: Huge Power (Doubles the attack stat)

Vespigards are fully developed Combees that have hone their skills to protect their Vespiquen.

HP: 70
Attack: 85
Defense: 95
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 110
Total: 500

Learns Close Combat (55).
Past moves:
Power-up Punch, Fury Cutter, Swagger, Acupressure, Harden, Fury Swipes, Zen Headbutt.

Signature move:
Blade Thrust (Type: Fighting/Physical)
Power: 60
Accuracy: 90
Vespigard lunges to the target with its arms blade, hitting the target twice.
Sorry, but I have to respond to this one with a huge resounding YES. I have a shiny male Combee and the only thing he is right now is box fodder. He can't evolve and he's absolutely useless in battle. I have been wanting a male Combee evo for years simply because of my poor little Zarak. I'd love to have him on my team but he's dead freaking weight without an evolution.
I'd personally love a cute little robot Pokemon. Like the one in the Pokestar Studios.
On one hand I want to say yes but on the other, I don't want to horde another Pokemon species. (Though I think my Golett crew would enjoy the company...)

When Black 2 and White 2 had just been announced, someone--who basically claimed his uncle at Nintendo told him this--said that we'd get new starters and one would be a platypus. I have been wanting a platypus since that day and would love to get one. (I even have his name picked out: Meat Brick.)

I'd also like another fossil Pokemon, one based on Deinonychus that evolves into something like the Utahraptor, sans the feathers/quills. Think Jurassic Park in your Pokemon game. I'd have real fun with that.

A ground type eeveelution based on a terrier. An actual terrier breed like a Jack Russell Terrier, not a toy terrier like the Lillipup line. With either Moxie or Defiant as its ability. And of course it learns Dig naturally.

A snow monkey. Obvious Ice typing is obvious.

Maybe it can learn scald as a reference to the hot springs it frequents.

I don't think they have a dolphin Pokemon yet. Maybe water/ghost or water/physic for a bit of individuality. Now that would be cool:)

Ghost doesn't really fit a dolphin, so you'd have to get creative to make that work. Psychic would be good, but I don't think it needs to be Psychic, it can just be pure Water. I had an idea for a dolphin Pokemon (well, typing, abilities, and movesets, I have trouble coming up with names), I'll repost it:

Species: Dolphin
Type: Water
Abilities: Swift Swim/Water Absorb
Moves: Bubble, Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Whirlpool, Aerial Ace, Agility, Calm Mind, Bubblebeam, Extrasensory, Bounce, Surf, Water Spout
Habitat: sea routes

Pretty standard really, there's nothing crazy about its typing or concept, but still unique from existing Pokemon.

Last edited:
new pokemon idea

i know its probably not that great but at least its and idea
NAME: foxtrot fox type pokemon
TYPE: electric / ground
does not evolve
Pokemon [HASHTAG]#784[/HASHTAG]
angry personality with naughty nature

moves it can learn
tail whip, thunder shock, growl, play nice, quick attack, electro ball, thunder wave, feint, double team, spark, nuzzle, discharge, earthquake, slam, thunder bolt, agility, wild charge, volt tackle, light screen, thunder

HM’s it can learn
strength, rock smash

TM’s it can learn
toxic, hidden power, light screen, protect, rain dance, frustration, thunder bolt, thunder, earthquake, return, dig, brick break, double team, facade, rest, attract, round, echoed voice, fling, charge beam, flash, volt switch, thunder wave, grass knot, swagger, sleep talk, substitute, wild charge, confide

egg moves
bestow, bide, charge, disarming voice, double slap, encore, endure, fake out, flail, lucky chant, present, reversal, thunder punch, tickle, wish

move tutor moves
convent, electro web, endure, focus punch, helping hand, iron tail, knock off, magnet rinse, shock wave, signal beam, snore, thunder punch

Re: new pokemon idea

First of all, wrong forum. Second, this movelist sounds an awful lot like Raichu...

Re: new pokemon idea

i know its probably not that great but at least its and idea
NAME: foxtrot fox type pokemon
TYPE: electric / ground
does not evolve
Pokemon #784
angry personality with naughty nature

I'm curious about why it is what you describe it as here. Also that you gave it a dex number already.

-----

As long as I'm here I'll go ahead and share a Pokemon idea of my own:

Name: TBD
Species: The Little Witch Pokemon
Type: Poison/Fairy (or vice versa since I don't know which I like better)
Evolution: Probably

A mischievous little sprite adept in the practice of brewing potions.

Ice/Dark wolf Pokemon
Ice/Electric cloud Pokemon (with Levitate!)
Ice/Water narwhal Pokemon
Dragon/Fire salamander Pokemon
Poison/Dragon Seviper evo
Water/Fairy Luvdisc evo
Normal/Ice reindeer Pokemon

A Fairy type:
Butterfly dog pokemon. With three evolutionary stages, that branch off depending on the 'ear shape' of the pokemon.
There will become a ''butterfly'' form based off a Papillon and a moth form based off a Phalène.
The moth dog would learn moves like 'moonblast', whereas the butterfly dog would learn moves like 'morning sun'
It could possibly be a psuedo legendary pokemon with high special attack and speed but low attack.

A Ghost/Normal 'Schrodinger's cat' pokemon that could also be sort of based on a 'witches black cat'

A Ice type Husky dog pokemon

I was out buying new fish for my aquarium, and it suddenly hit me: No one has suggested using the betta fish (aka Siamese Fighting fish) as a Pokemon.

Name: [TBD]
Species: Long fin Pokemon
Type: Water/Fighting
Abilities: Rivalry (male bettas in real life are known to be very aggressive towards other males of their kind), Marvel Scale (they are also beautiful fish)
HA: Hydraulics (boosts Attack in rain)

Special gimmick: Domestic betta fish come in a huge variety of pretty colors and fin shapes. This Pokemon's design could reflect this; fin shape and coloring could either be determined by the region it originates from (like Vivillon) or be based on Nature. Females' fins would also be shorter than the males'.

Stats: I don't know enough to be able to give the right numbers, but make it a somewhat well-rounded fighter, with the most numbers going into Attack. Basically, it has good enough stats that it won't be a useless gimmick Pokemon.

Descriptions: It is territorial and aggressive, especially towards its own kind. When two meet, they will battle until one retreats out of exhaustion.

While its beautiful colors and flowing fins give it the look of delicate beauty, it is actually a hardy survivor. It can live in even the most stagnant waters.

(Both are based on the real fish's behavior)

I've thought of a Dark/Flying type based on the Jersey Devil and an Ice/Fighting type based on the Yeti crab, with Iron Fist as one of its abilities.

No more normal/dogs pokemons, please. And no more normal/flying typical birds.
-Ice/dark, Ice/fighting or ice/normal snowman
-Flying/grass hummingbird.
-Dragon/grass peacock.
-A bug/Ice butterly.
-Its time of a bug/water that is usable.
-A baddass looking wolf
-A ghost/??? sheet phantom
-Dark/bug, or bug/ghost or bug/psychic black widow spider.
-More eevelutions But with unique traits, like in the first generation. With fangs, or wings, or horns, etc...
-Ghost/fighting eskeleton.
-A mummy pokemon, but animal-like, not humanoid.
-A book-like pokemon, similar to Cheato of banjo kazooie.
-A cute daschund fairy/ground or fairy/somethig. It may have a spring in the body, or something that makes reference to the length of it.
-Ghost/dark or ghost/pychic shinigami/hooded death angel look alike.
-Electric saber tooth tiger.
- Water/flyng Flamingo
-Dark/grass gnome
-Fire/ground jacklope or skvader
-Ghost/flying raven
-Steel/water swordfish
-Magic carpet design based
-Chesspiece design based
-Playng card design based
- Origami "
- A Toucan "
-A coyote "

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom