• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If pokemon were real, do you think there would be a reason for pokemon games to exist

Julum

Reaction score
I see a reason. For people who aren't old enough (9 and under) to be a Trainer, they could play the games until they turn 10. You could also play the games if you weren't allowed to be a Trainer.

Re: If pokemon were real, do you think there would be a reason for pokemon games to e

I agree. It'd be a bit like the Sims and us. And, it'd let anyone be able to play with Pokemon not normally available to the public (ie- I don't think everyone's going to be walking down the street with Dragonites and Mewtwos) so they can kinda 'have' them, in one way. There's already an entire genre of simulation games in real life, so it'd just be another aspect of life to simulate.

Also, the games have referenced the games (there's a poster for RBG in Gen I, and the guy who gives you the Counter TM says he just finished playing it.) Colo. and the anime have battle simulations, and there's the kids in most games with the gameboys/DS'.

Re: If pokemon were real, do you think there would be a reason for pokemon games to e

I guess it would be classed as sports game kind of like how there are MMA video games.

On a side note, I could be like Need for Speed. Not everyone can own a Lamborghini but Need for Speed lets you "have" it in a way. Same for the pokémon games; not everyone can have a Salamence but the games let them "own" it in a way.

*nods* They'd probably be the equivalent of sports/sim games - a semi-accurate representation of the danger with none of the danger or reward. I'd bet that some form of battle simulator actually does exist in the Pokémon world for those that are otherwise unable to participate or for mock-battles with hypothetical teams, which would be a sort of stand-in for the "Stadium" games.

Maybe the data of the Pokemon in-game you acquire could be sent into the Real World by data. That would be cool.

Sims, ice hockey games...Heck any sport games, nintendogs and cats, and all the simulators...
...There's even a paintball games for gods sake.

So...Yeah.
Reason? Some people would be too lazy to go outside.
Now, they can be "pokémon masters" at home and the companies would get our money.

Case closed! :D

I think it will still exist, but there will be more types of Pokemon games instead of the one we have now.

First of all, there will be a real-time combat game, so there will be a Pokemon game with real-time combat that tries to simulate the kind of combat Pokemon have, so different kinds of factors need to be taken into consideration, like position and range. Also, because of this, I believe there will be more stats than only Attack, Defence and so on like we have now, so it will be more complicated. However, I am sure a Pokemon person won't have trouble with it!

Games will also likely not have all the Pokemon, because a Pokemon world have a lot of Pokemon that fitting all in the game will be hard, assuming that there are more Pokemon than what we know now. This would mean that they have to choose carefully what kind of Pokemon to put, depending on the target audience. The cute games will have baby Pokemon, those who likes the female figure will get the more feminine Pokemon like Clefable and Gothitelle...so there you have it. Usually an encyclopaedia is in charge of holding all the Pokemon in database.

I imagine that if an Electric Pokemon were to power up a game, there will be easter eggs that rewards players who use them, like maybe extra artwork, to make players feel great they have such a Pokemon. Psychic-types will be the same, because they can perform some kind of communication too.

These are some of the points that I thought of about how Pokemon video games will be like in a Pokemon world, so hopefully that kind of insight is nice to hear.

Thanks for reading.

I imagine that if an Electric Pokemon were to power up a game, there will be easter eggs that rewards players who use them, like maybe extra artwork, to make players feel great they have such a Pokemon. Psychic-types will be the same, because they can perform some kind of communication too.

And just like in real life, there will be people who will try to hack their way into the secrets (hooking the cartridge into power outlet).

But there will probably be virtual contests and maybe even virtual games that simulate being a pokémon ranger.

Probably.

Hey,we have dogs and still we also have Nintendogs. So if Pokemon existed then we would have Nintenmons.

You know, I just thought: if it's the Pokemon world, what would people think of Digimon games? I mean, here Pokemon is a fantasy series with fantasy creatures, but if the world has Pokemon, then the creatures will be real and non-fantasy, so a fantasy lover will likely go for Digimon because they can imagine their fake Digimons and it's not as likely for people to imagine fake Pokemon. I am going to guess that Digimon games will have a fairer competition with Pokemon games in that case.

Thanks for reading.

Igzz you stole my line! XD jk but I was gonna say that too.

Of course, Nintendogs (And Kittens). I have seen many, many games that features all sorts of animals and they are real in real life. So the Pokemon games would still exist, however it would probably help (But not be a complete guide, like in that one episode in Johto where a COD used a laptop to try and defeat his opponents but Ash still beat the crap out of him anyways). I am sure the Gym Leaders and E4 would still be featured in it as well as they would be sort of famous especially E4 and the Champions of each region along with their Pokemon. I would even imagine there would be a little training guide on the DS to show people what they should expect or training videos.

This post somehow bugs me.
"If Pokemon were real, do you think there would be a reason for Pokemon games to exist?"
I don't get it.
This makes me want to punt a baby half way across the planet.
That's like asking: "If war was real, do you think there would be a reason for war games to exist?"
All around stupid question.
You have my answer.
Yes.
See the Pokemon Trainer Academy episode of the Indigo League series.
They do exist in the Pokemon universe.
I need to go to sleep before I rant on this topic.

Last edited:

Yeah, they'd just be more like "EA Sports Pokémon Stadium 2011" than the pokémon RPGs.

And games like Poképark Wii would probably still exist too and just be generic kids games featuring animals than an actual trademarked franchise.

and the Pokémon anime would just be cartoons like Pikachu's Rescue Adventure and Pichu and Pikachu and so on.

They would be published by EA on every console instead, you would be forced to buy new ones each year, and instead of the awesome soundtrack, we would get a generic modern music soundtrack.

As for Digimon, it would probably still be an anime.

Sure there would be, as they would be like the games of sports we have in the real world, such as soccer, baseball, etc.

Most people think that everybody in the Pokemon world is a trainer. Just because they have a Pokemon though, that doesn't mean they actually train. Many of them are just pets or "friends" (anime terms ftl).

So, like us with video games based on things that happen in the real world, they would have games with Pokemon.

Yes. Cause I don't think the whole thing about having Pokémon battle each other would go over well with some - or even most - people. Someone one day would eventually speak out about Pokémon violence and put a stop to it. I know I would. So the only way people would be able to battle Pokémon would be through video games.

Yes, so the people that fail at becoming a pokemon trainer, master, breeder etc. can just imagine they are one kind of like us now? Except sadly we don't have the choice of being a real trainer.

Yes. Sort of like the simulation games we have now, marketed for kids under 10 not old enough to go on actual Pokémon adventures (and the people that would rather raise a virtual Poké than a real-life one). Of course, since Pokémon would be a real thing and unable to be copyrighted, they'd be from multiple companies and of varying quality (as well as a wider range of genres). I'm not sure about the anime, though.

Digimon and other similar games would be for the most part the same thing, with fantasy elements and trademarks added in.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom