• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh If & when the datamine drops, what will you Ctrl+F (if anything)?

If datamine drops what I'll be looking at in THAT order:

• Starter Evos
  • All Pokemon new and old available. Hopefully types and movesets will be included. I like knowing whose around in advance so I can build my story party.
  • Who were given Gigantmax.
  • If they have them, full list clothes and hair styles available

Will not look at any story spoilers.

If datamine drops what I'll be looking at in THAT order:

• Starter Evos
  • All Pokemon new and old available. Hopefully types and movesets will be included. I like knowing whose around in advance so I can build my story party.
  • Who were given Gigantmax.
  • If they have them, full list clothes and hair styles available
Will not look at any story spoilers.
I find it funny how the first three things you mentioned are the first three things I put in my datamine thread. Thank you for reminding me to add clothing options to that list.

For me, just gameplay mechanics such as new moves, updated moves and movepools, items, Abilities, and base stat totals/changes. Anything story related is a hard no.

If I recall, when Sun & Moon came out, the datamine was conveniently divided into different parts so people could view select information without spoiling story elements and such. I hope that can happen again.

If I recall, when Sun & Moon came out, the datamine was conveniently divided into different parts so people could view select information without spoiling story elements and such. I hope that can happen again.
Well, I already have a non-story datamine thread, I'll make the story one once the datamine actually drops.

I just wanna know 1) what old Pokemon are returning, 2) what the starters evolve into, and 3) what's version exclusive. The last real surprise I had in a Pokemon game was randomly discovering a wild Hawlucha in X and being blown away by how funny and creative it was. I want to feel like that again.

Well, I already have a non-story datamine thread, I'll make the story one once the datamine actually drops.
Oh nice, that’s specifically a non-story thread? Could that be added as a disclaimer to the top of the thread or added to the thread title? Also, thanks so much for doing all that work to organize and get it ready!

Me when the datamine drops:
h6F9F9BB8

Also me when the datamine drops:
tumblr_n25vqoZzd21ttdkobo1_400.gif

• new move combos
  • changes in old moves
  • changes in old abilities
  • new reactions between moves and abilities

Not sure if the game had been datamined, I know it's supposed to be coming (I'm not gonna look! I'm going into this spoiler-free for the first time in years), but i really want to know the number of new Pokemon, if anyone knows already?

Personally I want to see storyline spoilers the most. Nothing I have seen so far regarding the story has made me feel hyped so I would prefer to know more so I can feel more invested in the game. Pokémon games can still be fun in their own right even those with bad storylines like XY and Let's Go but I still prefer Pokémon games with good storylines.

I remember when BW released in Japan and I watched a fan-translated playthrough on YouTube and got really hyped for the game because I knew the story was going to be good. Nowadays that kind of thing might sound a little weird to some people because you don't have to wait half a year anymore to experience the story.

Although I have already bought the game and downloaded it digitally. :p

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom