• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could open a gym,how it would be?

I would be an elec Gym Leader. My puzzle would be a combination of Byron's elevator puzzle and Surge's dumpster puzzle (but an easier form of Surge's). I would use Electrode, Electivire, Jolteon, and Gyrados with Thunder Wave as an Elec move(yes I'm doing the same thing Volkner did :p).

Also fire. The gym would be much like Blaine's gym in the Gen I timeline. Riddles will be thrown at the challenger, all of them relating to Fire or fire types in general. Once 5 of these riddles are solved (they gradually increase in difficulty) the challenger is rewarded with a gym battle

The badge would be called the Ash badge, of course referring to volcanic ash.

Team:

Blaziken lv 49
Altaria lv 46 (Altaria has Flamethrower to warrant its place)
Ninetales lv 49
Houndoom lv 48

I'd hand out the Will-O-Wisp TM (which will be particularly showcased by Ninetales)

hypothetically speaking of course.

i use fire.for the puzzle,rotating doors with 8 trainers will do(just like winona but a little longer).
TM given-TM 50(overheat)
badge given-lava badge
pokemon's
charizard(main)
luxray(for water user)
blaziken
houndoom
magmar

Quotes
before battle-"you arrived already?most trainers take a lot of time with that.allow me to introduce myself.my name zean.i love fire type pokemons.well lets end this chat.show me what you got!"
after sending last pokemon-"hey!dont celebrate yet.its not over!"
after battle-"...so,i lost...no,its ok.i understand why i lost.power is not enough to win.take this.this is the proof that you beat me(give badge).by the way,when you have the lava badge,you can use dive outside the battle.oh,and please take this as well.it might be helpful to you.(give TM)that TM 50 contain overheat.its a very strong attack.but it lowers your pokemon sp.attack.

Mine would be a dark gym
like mortys

Weavile
Sabyle
Absol
Umbreon
And i give out dark pulse
Which my ace Sabyle have

I like fossil pokemons XDD So I'd specialize in Rock-types.

My pokemons would be...

Omastar, Armaldo, Archeops, and Rampardos.

My gym layout? I would make it into a two story building. The first floor being a laboratory where the challenger have to battle scientists, and the basement floor would be a mining cave with miners and construction workers. As for obstacles, I'd have a large puzzle where the challenger have to push them around to complete a picture of a Kabuto or something like that... XDD

I would run a Poison-type Gym, of course. For puzzles/traps, I would have a Blackjack-inspired card-game, if you win the hand, you go one room closer to the gym leader, if you lose you either:
Fight a trainer
Fight a koffing or weezing (depending on the level range of the gym) with explosion, and Toxic as the only moves (yay move deleter)
Or fight a double battle
Before moving closer to the end.
(with an option to just do the fights and skip the game)

For my team, I would use:
Weezing (Toxic/Explosion/Sludge/Smokescreen)
Muk (Acid Armour/Sludge bomb/Poison Gas/Screech)
Haunter (Curse/Confuse Ray/Mean look/Hypnosis)
Venomoth (Psychic/Bug Buzz/Stun Spore/Supersonic)
Tentacruel (Water Pulse/Toxic Spikes/Poison Jab/substitute)
Nidoqueen (Thunderbolt/Earthquake/Protect/sludge Wave)

The Nidoqueen being the star of my team/toughest pokemon.
I know the movesets aren't very good, but gym leaders don't need to be too tough really, and it does a fair enough job of showing off the strengths of poison type pokemon- status effects, defense, and a lot of offensive types are covered.

As for the TM, I would prefer Acid Armour (if more poison type pokemon could learn it) but, Toxic if Acid armour becoming more available to poison type isn't an option.

Mine would be a combination gym. My party:
Infernape
Scizor
Lucario
Bisharp
Charizard
Tyranitar

The puzzle:
For the first room there is a machine. It will ask you what your favourite type is. It would then teleport you to another room (second room) which have trainers that are super-effective against the type you chose. In the third room there are trainers with all the starters from the regions so far. There is also a door that leads you to another room (fourth) which would have a lot of teleporter pads. You go through the right ones and you reach the gym leader.

Badge: ComboBadge
TM: Brick Break (because all my Pokemon would know it)

I would be a Ghost Type Master, most likely the 7th leader of the region.
My team:

562.png
302.png
593.png
609.png

My gym would be an abandoned circus, with very little puzzles, but with a lot of obligatory battles in the way.
The trainers in the gym would be clowns and tamers with creepy designs.

Badge: Joker Badge;

Rematch team:

563.png
302.png
609.png
593.png
292.png
648.png
(yeah, it isn't a ghost, but fits well with the gym theme)

I would be a Bug type Gym leader, as they are one of my favourite types.

As I don't like puzzles, I won't have any in my Gym.

Pokemon used by various trainers in the gym: Scyther, Venomoth, Pinsir, Accelgor, Crustle, Forretress, Scolipede, Kingler.

My team:

Scizor
Heracross
Crawdaunt
Yanmega
Galvantula
Volcarona (signature)

I know Kingler and Crawdaunt aren't bugs, but they're crabs, and Crustle is both a crab and a bug. Therefore, Kingler and Crawdaunt shall be honorary bugs in my gym to help counter fire types. 8D

I would specialize in Psychic.

Before battle="Oh,I think I'll like this battle.There is a strange sense of strength about you,yet also fear and determination.Let us battle.".
During battle="Your strength is mystifying!".
After battle="That was refreshing and exhilerating!I can't wait to have another!I'll train at the elite four.Challenge me again if you want a rematch!".

My team=
Alakazam LV 55
Musharna LV 55
Beheeyem LV 54
Gallade LV 60

I would hand out the mind badge.It has a telekinetic force to it and can be used outside of battle.

Mine would be a mix of Water and Ice type pokemon. Id give successful trainers the Frozen Lake Badge.
My team:
1. Milotic - Lv43
2. Glalie - Lv43
3. Jellicent - Lv44
4. Abomasnow - Lv44
5. Cloyster - Lv46
6. Lapras - Lv46

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom