• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

IGN holds top Pokémon contest: Website begins to determine top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal guidelines for this:
1) When in doubt, vote for the newer Pokémon.
2) When in doubt, vote for something from Gen III or V.
3) Always vote for members of the Mudkip line.
4) In fact, vote for all Water-Type starters, period.
5) If it's from Gen I or II, think before voting for it.
6) When in doubt, go with the water-type.

I must have voted hundreds of times and at least 25% of that must have involved Zapdos. Why do I keep getting that?
Zapdos was the biggest offender for me too. And Dragonite too, for that matter. =/

And it's kind of ridiculous that (at least for me) Pokémon like Dragonite are getting matched exclusively with some of the more derpy Gen V guys, like Stunfisk, because anyone not really familiar with Gen V is obviously going to be like, "whoa, that thing is the most awful looking thing ever, I'm picking Dragonite because IT CAME FIRST AND DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A FISHY PANCAKE."

Aww, but I'd like to spam votes for Dragonite. :p It's one of my favorites.

I'm trying to vote for Gen III+ Pokemon, though. To try to level the playing field a bit.

I keep seeing Groudon and Typhlosion. Especially Typhlosion.

This is what I was afraid of. You have lots of nubs who think Pokemon died after Gen I, and sadly they are killing the poll.
I actually didn't experience this very much. It seems like that type of fans isn't too present in this poll. I did notice that gen 1 Pokemon did get a little bit higher votes, however, so it seems like there were some people like that who voted :\

saw this last week sure takes time to vote for everything i only did it for like 2mins

How long is it, i have been doing it for 15 minutes lol.

Every possible combinations of each Pokemon, pretty much a permutation.

This slightly reminds me of a sight someone put up a while back JUST to have Pokemon votes like this.

I keep getting the same pokemon over and over from Gen 1, 2 or 3. Occasionally there's legendaries and some Gen 4 and 5 pokemon. I thought it would be completely random rather than using the same pokemon in every duel with a new one. :/

same here. i'm betting this is just rigged from the start >:X :dodgy::sweat:

Everyone should vote for Mudkip.

EVERYONE.

Well, I know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of today...

Hey, I was the first one to point out this contest (in a blog)! I wondered how Bulbanews found this out, because I posted this news in the blog before they put it under "Developing News". Anyway, since I know any Pokemon that appears often means they are voted often, I usually choose the other or just skip that contest entirely. It didn't matter since most of my favourites are in the underrated camp.

I encountered a lot of Pokemon there before, but there are a few I didn't see before, like Clefable and Scraggy.

Thanks for reading.

There was a thread like this on /vp/ - people were pissy because Gen I-II Pokemon and legendaries were doing so much better, and others pissed when they weren't winning.

I really hope Stunfisk wins.

Got these from /vp/:
1301850888358.jpg

Which do I choose?

1301856675803.png

Huh. Similar, no?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that some of the Contest Hall threads are ideas that came to me from IGN's Poké-Duel, like Chimchar vs Pansear, Serperior vs Rhyperior, Roggenrola vs Regigigas and Magikarp vs Gyarados.

Thanks for reading.

Everyone should vote for Mudkip.

EVERYONE.

Well.... *points to username* :p Even without the meme Mudkip is one of my favorite Pokemon. xD Shame I've only seen Swampert twice and Marshtomp, but no Mudkip.

I am definitely agreeing on the Rattata thing. Bidoof, Sunkern, and Magikarp too, for the heck of it.

@Above, I wanted to get a Bidoof vs. Arceus battle. o3o

Wow...the same company that trashed some of my favorites? Especially dear Oshawott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom