• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier rolled his eyes at Don taking the Oreos, but he didn't comment as the trio left the shop. He sighed, looking down at his shirt, which was now a bloody tattered mess. "We better get back to the inn and quick, we're kind of conspicuous now." He mused.

When the market group came back, they would be greeted by Concordia. "Welcome ba-" she was about to finish before staring at their injuries. "What happened?" Her eyes were a bit wide with surprise, though she still maintained a relative calm about her.

Wren had finished the training session, walking out of the Distortion Room while rubbing her head. The two had put up a rather interesting fight; one that ended with no clear victor. Multiple targets would take work to take on effectively. She walked into the front room, looking to see that the market shoppers had returned. And they were bruised. That wasn't a good sign at all.

A few moments later, Rose and Alexis had returned to the Inn. When the two saw Concordia's face, they turned to the guys.

"Do you want to explain what happened?" Rose replied, "All Alexis and I done was get the poor clerk out of harm's way. Poor woman was frightened to death."

"There was a gang of street toughs..." Xavier explained as he walked in. "Causing a scene in the market. As soon as I went over to try and diffuse it, they smelled my blood and attacked." He sighed. "Don and Vincent helped me out and we gave them a good thrashing then got out of there before anything else could happen."

Vincent squirmed in his seat. The whole way back, he'd had a sinking feeling. They'd started a fight on their first day! No way Concordia would let them stay! It didn't help that his hand was covered in Spaghetti-O ichors. Uh-oh indeed.

"We were shopping, and these guys were throwing things on the floor and yelling at the clerk. One of them slammed their hand down on some lighters, and the lighters caught fire." Despite the twin armies of butterflies waging battle within his stomach, his voice was fairly calm. Initially, after the bout, he'd been a little bit shaky. He'd been in a scrape or two, but this was his first real fight. But on the way home, he'd gathered his nerves and prepared to tell the story.

"Then he started yelling about how we aren't human. Then they all grew claws and fangs and attacked us. We beat them, but one of them had a phone." Vincent bit his lip.

The woman looked to the three before stopping at Vincent. "I certainly hope you weren't hurt at all," She had to ask, considering that he was the only human. "The fact that you all found it necessary to try and step into that situation is reckless," she gave them a small smile. "But brave. Very Guardian-like. So, I guess it can be forgiven."

Wren shook her head at the all of the boy's luck; Concordia never gave her that much leeway. Sure, she'd been allowed to stay in the inn, but she'd been reamed for her own actions. "Sure are giving them some leeway."

Concordia let out a small chuckle. "Boys will be boys, after all, no matter what species. However," she turned back to them. "You might have just painted a red target on yourselves. So, tread very carefully... I'm not sure what type of creature those men were, so I'll need to at least speak with one of you. Any volunteers?"

Xavier nodded. "I'll do it." He looked at Don and Vincent and smiled. "I was the one who made the decision to step in. It was my mistake, Don and Vincent merely came to my aid when things turned sour." He admitted a bit sheepishly. "Something I haven't gotten a chance to thank them for yet." He stopped, feeling at his bloody shirt. "Speaking of which, one got me good." Xavier lifted up his shirt, revealing his muscular frame but more importantly the rather nasty looking wound caused by the claws. "It might help to figure out what they were if you take a look at the wound."

"I think they were creatures, probably werewolves or something," Don stated with a slight shrugged as he looked at Concordia. "I don't know, all I know is they had claws, which I guess isn't really much to go on," he pointed out before looking towards Xavier. "So only Xavier goes?"

Vincent let out a deep breath. He had only learned yesterday that there was this crazy world beneath his own, filled with snake men and dragons and crazy stuff like that. He had been afraid that he'd lose all of it after this incident. But it seemed that the inn was a lot more liberal.

"They had slitted eyes." Vincent said. He'd seen a lot of horror films, and was familiar with all sorts of pop culture creatures. "Maybe they're snake men? Are those a thing?" He asked.

Xavier nodded. "I'll accept the consequences since you two were just pulling my ass out of the fire. Thanks for that by the way." He said with a bright smile. They hadn't known each other long but based on that, he already considered Don and Vincent fast friends.

"Those guys," Rose stepped up, "Those guys you fought weren't human. They were vampires. They weren't fresh newborns, but still were stronger than regular vampires."

Concordia listened to the group mull over what the men probably were, but her attention was drawn to Rose when she spoke. "Vampires, hm?" That was most definitely a problem. If they weren't dead, then the group would definitely find themselves in deep trouble. "That's not good at all. I'd assume that the head of whatever coven those boys belonged to wouldn't be pleased about the beating they took," she said to Rose.

"I highly doubt it," Rose replied with a concerned expression bestowed upon her face, "If they decide to return, we must be ready. Them being newer bloods gives them an advantage in strength. However, they aren't so great at controlling their urges to feed so if you have a way to distract them, you'll have a better shot at taking them out."

Xavier frowned at the thought. "Well I'll have to be a little more aggressive with the fire if there's a round two." He said quietly, staring out into space as he spoke. "If it comes to it, I'll accept the consequences for my actions and deal with their leader. It's the only honorable solution."

"What doesn't make sense though is why would they publicly attack the clerk and even fight us?" Rose questioned, "That makes no sense..."

"They smelled me as non-human and went into a frenzy." Xavier explained. He intentionally left out what he was, as he didn't like sharing his heritage. "As soon as I went over to help the girl out, they forgot all about her and jumped me."

"That could be useful," Rose pointed out, "Though any blood that isn't human is definitely more appealing than average human blood."

"I would've done more than just that," Rose replied jokingly, following a wink, "But no, I wouldn't have the need to feed from you. I only feed off of criminals and I also feed to terminally ill patients that want to die, so it helps them die quickly."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom