• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jensen crossed his arms. "I see. Unfortunately, I can't give you exact information. That goes against my principles. Learning about a specific creature; that's your own business," he said. "Law of non-interference, and such. I can, however, off you information on Vampires in general. Any amount of information that you wish to know."

Next to him, Ajah nodded in agreement. "He can't, but I can. However, I'm gonna need something in return for that much information."

--

Wren put the Demigod's arm around her shoulder, lifting off into the air with her. "Yeah. Let's not..." she said, looking down. "We'll need some more training, I think."

With that, she began flying back toward the base, making sure not to go too fast. She didn't want Kei hurt any further.

"Being as I am a vampire, the boys are the ones in needing the lessons," Rose replied simply before turning to the boys, "What do you all think?"

"They have not," the Leader stated, not looking at Wyatt. "Why only those two? Last time I checked, there were three of them."

"Sure would suck to see my mom under these circumstances.." Kei muttered, her eyelids growing heavy. Wren would feel the younger girl go limp in her grasp, as she fell into unconsciousness. While the injury was rather serious, she'd be fine upon treatment.

"Yeah... that would," Wren said. At the mention of 'mother', she shuddered. Mothers weren't nice to think about; not for her. Thus, she kept her mind occupied with something else as they flew toward the inn.

Wyatt gulped, knowing all too well what was about to happen next though he didn't let that show in his posture or his voice. "You see, sir, in order to get the supplies transported here, the reaper that was present needed a soul and the third vampire was there at the time..." Wyatt told him, bracing himself.

Xavier grinned, nodding slightly to the offer of the more specific explanation. "What do you want? I'll see what I can do. After all, I got the rest of them into this mess, only right that I get them out."

"Souls," Ajah responded. "I need souls that equate to the worth of the information I'm about to divulge," he stated. "You get me souls, I give you information."

--

"So, you took it upon yourself to sacrifice one of my underlings to complete this task," the Leader said. "Is that what you're telling me, Wyatt?"

"Yes and yes sir, I am." Wyatt said in a monotone voice, looking directly into the leader's eye without no emotion. Although he feared for his life, he wasn't going to show it.

As soon as he had asked his question, Vincent had made his way to the sink. Warm water began to fall from the faucet, and he tore a paper towel from the roll. He listened to the others while he mopped the grime from his chest. Alright, he was finally going to learn if Bram Stoker had his facts straight. And this Ajah guy could tell them about the leader of these vampires. And all it would take was a few souls.

Wait, what? Giving up souls was a serious business! And now that he thought of it, how would someone give their soul away? Could they write a check? Apparently Xavier knew how. He was offering several. How was he gonna pull that off?

"Hold up, souls are a thing?" Vincent asked, turning around. His top was soaked and clinging to his body, but he had gotten most of the mess off. "Sorry, I'm new to learning vampires and demons and the like are real. What exactly does a soul do?" Like most westerners, he was familiar with the concept of a soul. But he wasn't even sure he believed in the concept up until now. He wanted to know what Xavier was getting himself (and by extension, likely Vincent) into.

Last edited:
When the girls arrived back at the inn, Wren was quick to give Kei to Concordia. The woman wasted no time in beginning to treat the demigod, removing her clothing before bandaging her up. "Goodness. So reckless, you kids," Concordia stated, gingerly moving the girl's hair from her face before dabbing some alcohol on her cheek.

Wren stayed in the inn's foyer, looking outside. The area around the Wendigo's lair had seemed to be a place of perpetual night, but when they'd gotten home, the daylight was shining. At least, it was before clouds covered it and the rain began to fall. The Celestial closed her eyes, listening to the sound. It always calmed her; a sort of white noise that allowed her to stew in her thoughts.

--

Ajah smirked at Vincent. "Yeah, souls exist. At least, the metaphysical concept of the soul exists," he said. "See, Souls are a collective of life essence in the body. Mind and energy come together, and it makes up the metaphysical identity of the person," he remarked, crossing his arms. "What they do is... well, they serve the purpose of something great. What that is, even I'm not sure. That's more of a question for our boss."

He looked at Xavier. "You bring me souls, I give you information. I'm probably obligated to warn you, though, that Concordia might not take too kindly to you harvesting essence for a little dirt on an enemy."

--

The Leader raised an eyebrow at the boy. "The next time you sacrifice one of my kin without my permission, Wyatt, I will make sure that you are punished appropriately. Remember this; I am not harming you on principle," he said. "I will, however, commend you on a job well done."

From behind a wall, Marcus and Oscar stood, eyes wide at what they'd heard. Marcus' fangs clenched, his anger boiling. However, his fear was also quite palpable. Turning to Oscar, he nodded toward the pathway leading back out of the base. In an instant, the two were making their way down the hall, leaving behind the nest.

Alexis had remained in her room during the course of the day, as she wanted to just remain in silence and to meditate. When she finished, she decided to head down into the Foyer, where she saw Wren.

"Oh, hello," she greeted simply.

"Hm. Oh, hi," Wren said, her attention having been diverted from the rain. "... Alexis, right? What's up?" She asked.

Xavier frowned. "Understood. I will play this one close to the vest." He said quietly as he turned to head for the door. "Thank you sir. I'll be back when I can uphold my end of the deal." He vowed before walking out.

Kei slightly flinched in her dream state, though it was unknown if the sting of alcohol was causing it. The pale girl's brow furrowed, and her upper lip on the right side of her face began occasionally twitching upwards in a snarl. Kei was beginning to stir a few times, only to fall back into a deeper sleep. Her face's muscles relaxed into a somewhat peaceful expression, the previous dream (a nightmare was probably more likely) fading away. For the rest of her unconscious state, she had no other dreams.

"Um, I just finished some meditating," Alexis replied nervously, "What's up with you?"

"I suppose we shall be going now," Rose spoke up politely before giving a bow, "I hope you have yourselves a wonderful day."

"Yes sir, I understand the consequences. Thank you." He replied, before walking out to wash his bloodied hands. He may have been a pyschopath, but he was hygenic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom