• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Improvements for Gen I and Gen II Pokemon (for my hypothetical fan game)

Bug/Dark Ariados? Sure. @Saiga

Meh. I think you should read the last few comments, particularly mine :)rolleyes:)--I'd like to see your thoughts about Charizard/Typhlosion differing defensively instead of offensively. As well, I want to know if Gen 3 and 4 prevos and evos have any place in your fansim.

@League, I didn't notice all the extra posts when I posted mine, and that's interesting idea for Defences, but I like the way I have them now. As it is now, I swapped around Typhlosions Speed, Attack and Sp. Attk, so that he has 109 Speed, 100 Attack and 84 (or whatever is was) Sp. Attk. So he's a bit faster than Charizard as well, but his Attack isn't as high as Charizard's Sp. Attk. Charizard needs to be a special sweeper for Solar Power. Also, thanks for showing me how to "mention" hehe. Later Gen Pokemon won't be in, even if they're linked by evolution, but Pokemon like Murkrow and Sneasel can be buffed to compensate.

@Swalittle
I meant that the move deleter/relearners would still be in, just not the Frontier style move tutors. Although, I really like your idea for them, it sounds really good.

@Ghetsis-Dennis
Few Pokemon will be able to learn Stealth Rock, so it won't be a staple on every team. Again, I'm not much of a competitive gamer.

So Noctowl would be better as Normal/Flying rather than Psychic/Flying? I thought I could have Fearow and Noctowl as counterparts (Fearow would need more Dark type moves is all).

As for why Kingdra is a dragon-type Pokemon, do a google search on "sea dragon". You'll find plenty of pictures of the real-world animal Kingdra is based on. And since they're known as "sea dragons", it only followed to have Kingdra be a dragon-type Pokemon.

As for why Kingdra is a dragon-type Pokemon, do a google search on "sea dragon". You'll find plenty of pictures of the real-world animal Kingdra is based on. And since they're known as "sea dragons", it only followed to have Kingdra be a dragon-type Pokemon.

I understand, however he's based off an animal named after dragons, not an actual dragon like Gyarados, Charizard, and... possibly Lugia, looking at him. So it's weird that he's the one with the dragon typing when the actual dragons don't have it.

How about a genuine post elite four storyline for the generation 2 arc. In gen2 games the entire storyline pretty takes place in johto where. when you are traveling in kanto there is nothing more than battling the kanto gyms and getting a chance to fight red, and encountering a lone Rocket Grunt. I think the gen 2 games should have an extended Team Rocket line that involves a fifth team Rocket executive, a pair of reoccurring grunt and time travel

HGSS has some good events like the G.S. Ball event with Celebi and the battle with Giovanni, so that could be expanded upon to make a great post elite four story line.

I've also found that there are a lot of Gen I Pokemon that make good dark types, like Zubat's line. Never understood why it was poison type.

HGSS has some good events like the G.S. Ball event with Celebi and the battle with Giovanni, so that could be expanded upon to make a great post elite four story line.

I've also found that there are a lot of Gen I Pokemon that make good dark types, like Zubat's line. Never understood why it was poison type.

Zubat does seem like a Dark-type. I guess they really couldn't change it when Dark-type was added in.

I feel like there are a fairly large number of Gen I Pokemon that would be better suited to being Dark types (Rattata and Raticate included, due to being sneaky/scavengers). Can't say the same for Steel types though, there are only 6 steel types in Gen 2 but none of the others feel as though they would fit.

I understand, however he's based off an animal named after dragons, not an actual dragon like Gyarados, Charizard, and... possibly Lugia, looking at him. So it's weird that he's the one with the dragon typing when the actual dragons don't have it.

Gyarados didn't get it purely because of balance issues. Charizard possibly the same, though it still makes more sense for them both to have it rather than flying.

Still highly against any removal of the dragon type because it is apart of the storyline and like I said dragons are suppose to be uber strong like Lance said, or at least a touch above the rest.

You could simply have Charizard be a dragon while keeping Charmander/Charmeleon the way they are (pure fire) as they aren't truly dragons yet.

Now that you mention Lugia, yes he is also based on a dragon, in fact hes based on a Dragon God of the ocean called Ryujin. His multiscale ability seals the dragon deal. Agreed on your thoughts with Ratta/cate and the Zubat line being dark type. That should be Team Rocket's type of choice actually.

On second thought, Water/Dragon Gyarados wouldn't be imbalanced if Water no longer resisted Ice (and the Ice type needs the love, so it could resist Dragon as well).

Now that I think about it, Ghost is really more unnecessary. Gengar could just be typed Dark/Poison and Misdreavious pure Dark. The only difference that needs to be made is Dark being SE against itself, like Ghost was (and it works well because Ghost was also weak to Dark).

I just don't like having a type be so much smaller than the others.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom