• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

Popular former child and teen pop star Aaron Carter has died unexpectedly from an accidental drowning. He was only 34. Aaron is the younger brother of Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter, and he got his start in 1997 when he released a cover of the Jet's hit single Crush on You at the young age of 10.

And I found out this morning that Kevin Conroy (Voice of Batman in many productions including the DC Animated Universe and even got to play Bruce Wayne in Part 2 of the Crisis On Infinite Earths adaptation) passed on.

American comedian Leo Gallagher (famous or infamous for smashing watermelons on stage) has died from multiple organ failure aged 76 (Gallagher, Comedian Known for Smashing Watermelons, Dies at 76). In case you don't know, he was namechcked on an episode of The Simpsons called "Worst Episode Ever" when Homer got banned from anything to do with Gallagher for taking away the watermelon he was about to smash and ate it (it was the episode when Bart and Milhouse got banned from The Android's Dungeon for telling Martin's mum that Comic Book Guy was ripping her off with Martin's Star Wars mememobilia, and I wasn't sure if Gallagher did his own voice or someone else did it).

Noooo! Not the Mighty Morphin Green/White/Zeo/Turbo Red/Dino Thunder Black Power Ranger!
(Context: Jason David Frank, the actor who played Tommy on Power Rangers has died)
Edit: I was reading up about it on a couple Discord servers, and one of the rumors said he
committed suicide
. However, no official cause of death has been revealed

Last edited:
And not often you can say that part of paying respect to someone is watching their character face a rapping pumpkin, but there you goXD.

And I found out this morning that Kevin Conroy (Voice of Batman in many productions including the DC Animated Universe and even got to play Bruce Wayne in Part 2 of the Crisis On Infinite Earths adaptation) passed on.
I was already not having a great week when it happened, and it just made my week even worse. I mean my heart just sank. RIP to an absolute legend. :cry: (Also, what really sucked for me is that I had just gone to my very first Comic Con the weekend before, and then one of the most beloved Comic Con celebrity visitors dies. That being him, Kevin Conroy. :cry:)

Last edited:
I was already not having a great week when it happened, and it just made my week even worse. I mean my heart just sank. RIP to an absolute legend. :cry: (Also, what really sucked for me is that I had just gone to my very first Comic Con the weekend before, and then one of the most beloved Comic Con celebrity visitors dies. :cry:)

Yes and the timing is just, wow. Both Conroy and Jason David Frank were in shows part of the most noted part of Fox Kids for the 90s. More nostalgic for PR, but still caught BTAS during the time.

Became more of a fan during the KidsWB era while catching Batman Beyond and all the more so when Justice League was on the horizon to premiere 11/17/01. Man. At that time, BTAS was about to become nearly a decade old, only now Justice League is an old show in it's own right.

Which for those who don't follow is the last regular show along with it's follow up Justice League Unlimited that frequently featured Kevin Conroy as Batman (plus some Static Shock episodes).

Yes and the timing is just, wow. Both Conroy and Jason David Frank were in shows part of the most noted part of Fox Kids for the 90s. More nostalgic for PR, but still caught BTAS during the time.

Became more of a fan during the KidsWB era while catching Batman Beyond and all the more so when Justice League was on the horizon to premiere 11/17/01. Man. At that time, BTAS was about to become nearly a decade old, only now Justice League is an old show in it's own right.

Which for those who don't follow is the last regular show along with it's follow up Justice League Unlimited that frequently featured Kevin Conroy as Batman (plus some Static Shock episodes).
I actually didn't watch BTAS or Batman Beyond as a kid (we didn't have the channel KidsWB was on with my TV when I was growing up.) Instead, I caught up on those series later in my life. However, Kevin Conroy was still a part of my childhood, as I used to watch Justice League on Toonami when I was a kid, and I also watched Justice League Unlimited and Static Shock. I'll always consider Kevin to be the one true Batman in my eyes, and I'll miss hearing his legendary portrayal of the Dark Knight. I only wish I had gotten to meet him.......once again, may he rest in peace. :cry:

I actually didn't watch BTAS or Batman Beyond as a kid (we didn't have the channel KidsWB was on with my TV when I was growing up.) Instead, I caught up on those series later in my life. However, Kevin Conroy was still a part of my childhood, as I used to watch Justice League on Toonami when I was a kid, and I also watched Justice League Unlimited and Static Shock. I'll always consider Kevin to be the one true Batman in my eyes, and I'll miss hearing his legendary portrayal of the Dark Knight. I only wish I had gotten to meet him.......once again, may he rest in peace. :cry:

Plus he got to voice John Grayson during Robin's origin in The Batman with Mark Hamill as Mob boss Tony Zucco. Plus they returned for another tribute in Batman The Brave and the Bold's Chill of the Night as the Phantom Stranger and the Spectre.

Ep even had Adam West and Julie Newmar as Thomas and Martha Wayne, along with Richard Moll (Two-Face) as Joe Chill's employer Lew Moxon.

Speaking of though, Adam West's one role in the DCAU'S Beware the Grey Ghost. Only made cause West agreed for the episode.

Noooo! Not the Mighty Morphin Green/White/Zeo/Turbo Red/Dino Thunder Black Power Ranger!
(Context: Jason David Frank, the actor who played Tommy on Power Rangers has died)
Edit: I was reading up about it on a couple Discord servers, and one of the rumors said he
committed suicide
. However, no official cause of death has been revealed

The second I saw the news, I was gutted. Absolutely gutted for his family and friends. And Walter E. Jones, who played Zack the original Black Ranger has posted a very touching little tribute on his Instagram.

Jason David Frank has been one of my biggest idols since childhood and he was one of the reasons why I became interested in MMA. I remember being excited seeing him return as Tommy in Dino Thunder and again briefly in Megaforce.

We also lost Mills Lane on December 6th. He was a big part of my childhood since I used to watch Celebrity Deathmatch as a kid (I had teenage sisters and only one TV, so it was unavoidable.

celebrity-deathmatch-lets-get-it-on.gif

I'm a couple of days late on this, but Mississippi State University's head football coach Mike Leach passed away after a heart attack at the age of 61. For those not familiar with American sports, Leach was one of college football's most influential figures; many of the high-powered offensive strategies you see today can be traced back to Leach's days as Texas Tech's head coach. He was also known for his...colorful personality. To give you the full picture, here's his interview with 60 Minutes from 2009.

Back
Top Bottom