• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Indigo DVD Box Set Volume 2 - Review Thread

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The second Indigo box set comes out today (well...Tuesday).

box02_big.jpg

Here's a list of what episodes are likely going to be on this set. Please note that this list is unconfirmed and may end up being different in the final product:

Contains Episodes 027-052
Disc One:
"Pokemon Fashion Flash"
"The Punchy Pokemon"
"Sparks Fly for Magnemite"
"Dig Those Diglett!"
"The Ninja Poke-Showdown!"
"The Flame Pokemon-athon!"
"The Kangaskhan Kid"
"The Bridge Bike Gang"
"Ditto's Mysterious Mansion"

Disc Two:
"Pikachu's Goodbye"
"The Battling Eevee Brothers"
"Wake Up, Snorlax!"
"Showdown in Dark City"
"The March of the Exeggutor Squad"
"The Problem with Paras"
"The Song of Jigglypuff"
"Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon"
"A Chansey Operation"

Disc Three:
"Holy Matrimony!"
"So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd"
"Who Gets to Keep Togepi?"
"Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden"
"The Case of the K-9 Caper"
"Pokémon Paparazzi"
"The Ultimate Test"
"The Breeding Center Secret"

So...who's picking this up?

I'll get it! ^^

I might as well buy it, since I like collecting Pokemon box sets. XD

I don't have the first box set, so if I can find them, I'll probably buy them both together.

I will, hopefully, get it for Christmas... I would buy it myself but I am saving up for a Wii.

Nope, it was Hypno's naptime, where Misty gets Psyduck. Then we've got 27, where Brock gets Vulpix.

Actually, the audio/video data for the episode is on Disc 3 of volume 1, but there's no way to access it through the menu system. Weird.

Last edited:
My box just arrived from Right Stuf. Dogasu's episode list is in fact what the set actually contains.

I'm going to get it next year in May with the 3rd box set when I'm on study leave. It takes about 2-4 weeks to get here and if no-one's here when the package comes we have to go all the way to the main post office before 11am...so when I'm on study leave at least I can wait until the package arrives *sigh*

I'm wondering if the edited scene in Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon is restored for this. You know, the shot of Meowth holding a match where they zoomed in on his face instead.

Too late. And I don't want to do cross-border shipping if I can avoid it, I've been reading about how things are taking so long to get across thanks to the glut of cross-border shoppers. Plus I bought something else (another Pokemon DVD box set) and boosted my order to over $39, therefore getting free shipping.

And it was only $35 ($34 and change) Canadian. The .com price, $29.99 US, works out to $28.72 CDN, so it would have been almost the same anyway once you factor in the duty and shipping. The free shipping from the .com site doesn't apply to Canada.

Last edited:
I hope this set sells well so we can continue getting the whole series in boxset form. I already know the third Kanto boxset is coming so it makes me wonder if they're going to re-do Orange or continue with the Advance boxsets. I'm still waiting for Battle Frontier to be put on DVD.

I got it at WalMart for $24.99 (Or $25.99... I forget) today!! I'm going to watch it while I write my lab report. I'm SUPER excited to see "The Song of Jigglypuff". That's my favorite episode ever. Well, "The Ultimate Test" is great too, though... Oh well. The point is they're both AMAZING and I'm really happy I bought this!!

*edit* It was $24.96. Yay for awesome deals!!!

Last edited:
You mean, it's HERE?

Thankyouviz,thankyouviz, thankyouviz, I thought set 2 would NEVER drop...

Ooh, TR art on the cover! VERY nice!

EDIT: Wait, they're organizing the Indigo League into seasons now? Nice touch. Considering Master Quest they just flat out released in two box sets. Either way, my movie shelf will thank me.

Okay, I finally got it. The episodes are the same as Dogasu thought. The box is a tiny bit smaller than the first one, so they don't quite flush, but the quality seems about equal to the last set. As for the scenes folks were asking about, both the needle and lighter scenes were there, and like fate said, Todd is Snap in this release (and if someone can explain why it was ever changed, I'd be interested.

I'm actually really excited about this release (even though I have yet to buy the first box set). I mean...I finally get Holy Matrimony on DVD (yeah, I know I could have bought the original Charizard release, but shhhh). Only $25 at Wal-Mart? Not bad at all! I do have a $10 off coupon at Best Buy I've been itching to use though. Maybe I can get a deal there? Anyways, I definitely want to get my hands on this!

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom