• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Infinite Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikolai's attack had no effect on the Ineffian. It's skin was not made of keratin; It was in fact a partially mineral based life form, with skin made mostly of various rocks that it had eaten. It snarled, and leaped at Nikolai, launching a rock-hard fist at his face.

Meanwhile, in the flagship of the squad sent to shoot down the Kyelwind, a vulpine humanoid sat, like some sort of space fox. His orders were simple. To shoot the ship until it stopped moving. Still, it was apparently one of the best ships in the empire. He doubted the pilot was particularly skilled, but it was best to err on the side of caution.

"Alright, men. I want you guys to take Formation V an"

"Use the boost to get through!" His squadmate said over the commlink.

"Dammit Peppy, I'm trying to" He said, but stopped talking as the third ship rushed at the Kyelwind, shooting at it. Poorly.

Upon closer inspection Nikolai noticed the deconstruction to be a failure. 'Maybe not organic,' he thought, 'Could be like LC's species. Maybe if I use a different struct--' He was quickly pulled from his thoughts by a punch square in the jaw.

"Ahhhh," Nikolai moaned. He brought his hand up to touch his now dislocated jaw, "Ahhhhh!" he screamed. Wincing, he placed both his hands on his cheeks. A blood curdling cry left his mouth as he popped his jaw back into place. "Oh now you've done it, you oxygen based son of a bitch!"

LC manifested a ball of ki around one of her hooks. "Cover your ears, everyone." She hurled it at the Ineffian. Upon contact with a solid object, it would explode and create a massive shockwave in the air around it.

As the ball of ki hit the Ineffian, it exploded. The creature's brittle skin cracked, as it screeched in agony. Enraged, it attempted to charge at LC, but found itself disoriented, and was instead running towards one of the tubes.

Last edited:
When the Alliance attack ships arrived, one of them was kind enough to pick up the out of control pod before it was lost in deep space forever. Flint was not sure which ship he was on but takes a seat on some storage containers inside a docking bay. He looks out the viewport while eating the slightly squished muffins and watches the space battle..

Vaisha had no problem outmaneuvering the slower attacks from the Alliance fighters. The Kyelwind was incredibly fast. Faster than any ship she'd ever been on before. Before she knew it Vaisha had flown around behind the Alliance fleet. She laughed maniacally and locked on with the ship's plasma cannons. And fired.

When the Alliance attack ships arrived, one of them was kind enough to pick up the out of control pod before it was lost in deep space forever.

OOC: No, stop that. The Color Squad's escape pod flew into a star and everyone inside burned alive and they were never heard from again.

The commander of the Alliance squad didn't even have time to utter a few final swear words as the plasma hit his ship, toasting it. The same happened to his comrades. They might have taken comfort in the fact that more ships were coming to take down the Kyelwind.

Back in the capitol, a large man wearing a black uniform heard the news of the hijacking.

"Dammit, who the hell was in control of that ship?!" Fleet Admiral Vice said. He was at his desk at the Alliance Military HQ, in a tower overlooking Universe City, the galactic seat of power. "Klaus couldn't have let this happen." He was referring to Vice Admiral Klaus, better known as Klaus of the Blackened Sun.

"Actually...Someone seems to have swapped them out. Someone named...Demid. Demid was controlling it." The young officer said, trembling. The man before him was extremely large, and with his intense black eyes, he had a way of making one feel very, very, very tiny. Especially when he brought his fist down on the desk, breaking it in two in his rage.

"Send everything we've got at them! I don't care how many men we lose, don't stop until we either have that ship back or it's been obliterated." Vice said. The officer nodded and scurried off, passing by a pair of soldiers carrying a new desk into the room.

After he said this, a the radar screen lit up. A swarm of ships was coming. An entire armada. The Kyelwind might be able to take a good number of them down, but if it stayed and fought, the sheer numbers would simply be too much.

OOC: Alright, I'll put up a discussion thread. You're probably going to want to land to escape the fleet coming after you. I'll have the planets you guys can go to there. One mo.

The Ineffian screeched in pain. LC's hooks pierced it's shattered skin, breaking through it's skull, killing it instantly. It fell to the floor, lifeless.

"Are we done?" Leo asked, peeking out from behind the tube he had been using to hide. "I can come out now, right?" He asked.

LC pulled her hooks out. "Yeah," The hooks morphed back into hands, "You can come out. I believe I understand... These are weapons. Very nasty weapons."

"A weapon they can't control at that." Wyvern nudged the dead Ineffian with his foot. "What a pointless waste of life."

OOC: Here: http://cdn.kveller.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/heinz-ketchup.jpg

But seriously, let's see...They found some super soldier thingies in the ships cargo hold, and Lavy hijacked the ship. We took a vote, and we're going to Drehe, a planet covered in a dense urban sprawl.

"What are we going to do with them?" Leo said. He looked at the computers connected to one of the tubes. "They can stay here indefinitely...We could just throw them out into space. Or we could keep them here for a while...So long as the tubes themselves aren't broken, the occupants will stay in a suspended animation." As he said this, the ship approached the surface of Drehe. It landed in a parking garage.

"We should be relatively safe here. From the alliance, at least." Leo said. As he exited the ship, he felt like he was in a labyrinth: The entire ship was fenced in, by a mile-high wall of skyscrapers. "So what's the plan?" He asked the rest of the crew.

Lavy took in the immense skyscrapers and dingy cityscape before her. This could get interesting.

"Well we need to keep a low profile so the Alliance can't find us. There is no way I am letting them have that ship back."

She looked longingly back at the hangar. She missed it already. The ship was practically a sentient thing itself. Lavy wasn't too happy about having to hide out in this city-planet away from the ship for who knows how long. She stuck her hands in the pockets of her cargo pants and sulked.

Lytlyt was kind of sad by the fact he hadn't gotten a chance to showoff his skills during the ship, but he figured that too much fighting might've caused some damage to the ship itself. Now he was curious as to who exactly could've built the ship, of course living weapons like LC were possible but this ship seemed to actually be alive. "I have a friend who does some research on this type of things but this is too amazing." He stated before turning to Lavy. "Would you mind if I make some questions to you later, I wanna check on how this ship syncs with it's pilot so I'll have to run some tests."

He then turne to the group before looking at the hangar in front of them. "Dareh isn't a very safe place so we'll have to keep track of things." The blue haired Lan'iard smiled before taking out a blue colored cube. The cubes let out a bright glow before a white case came out. Lytlyt proceeded to open the box and revealed multiple sets of contact lenses. "These contacts act as communicators, they can call anyone that's wearing them by tracking them down an the communication is done by telepathy, we can use these I'm case we split up or get lost."

Wyvern nods and takes a pair of lenses for himself.

"First, I believe we should work to gather information on current events here. It would hardly help our efforts to lie low if we stepped on someones toes, so to speak."

"Alright. That should be useful." Leo nodded, putting in a contact. As he did so, a man in a black, hooded robe carrying a stack of pamphlets approached Lytlyt from behind.

"Pardon me? Have you accepted Dog as your Lord and Savior?" The man asked. He looked to be human, though the upper half of his face was obscured by his hood. He had a bronze amulet around his neck, taking the shape of a bone.

"Take one of these." The man said, and shoved a pamphlet into Lytlyt's hands. He then did the same for Wyvern and Lavy. They all read:

Praise be to Dog, for he is our Lord and Saviour
Please join is for our evening walk at the Church of Dog
And be Baptized in the slobber of our Master

"May you find your true path." The man said, then walked away.

"Wait! I didn't get one!" Leo said. The man ignored him and kept walking.

"Here, you can have mine," Lavy said, and shoved it into his hands. She took the contacts and deftly inserted them into her eyes. She blinked a couple of times, her cat-eyes adjusting to the lenses. "This is going to be convenient. But will it let me connect with the ship, too. . .?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom