• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Inuyasha

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not gonna find much InuYasha talk around here, but I'm always up for a good exchange on it.

Now that Naraku is dead for real, it almost seems like the series is finally drawing to a close. The preview for the upcoming chapter indicates that InuYasha will fight the jewel itself from the inside, while Kagome battles it from the outside.

What's your favorite episode, if you have one?

Indeed, there isn't much Inuyasha talk in theses forums it seems... But to anyone interested or who follows the manga: the final Chapter, the grand finale, is this week!!

No Inuyasha talk? LOL, I remember all the Jakotsu obsessors.

Anyways, final chapter? How many volumes are there?

Isn't there already an Inuyasha thread here? It would be better to just bump that up instead of "This is basically just an InuYasha discussion. =3".

Only one I found is from last year so this is a valid thread. :p

No Inuyasha talk? LOL, I remember all the Jakotsu obsessors.

Anyways, final chapter? How many volumes are there?

Oh GOD. I saw about four episodes of the Band of Seven arc plus the finale, Beyond the Darkness - Naraku Reborn! I swear to you, Jakotsu was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in my life. Sesshomaru clawed through his chest in one ep, making Jakotsu collapse into him, and then he says "You really are handsome."

I think the chapter coming up is in the 550's, no higher than 560 tops. As far as volumes, it's 52-53.

It's an awesome show/manga. I'm a bit dissapointed that the manga is ending just as I'm starting to read it, but it has been around for about eleven years. The final chapter is 558.

Well, It's finally ending... It was good while it lasted. Maybe they'll make more of the TV show for America.

Well, the end has come.

-Kagome went back to her time at first. She spent three years without InuYasha, while in his time, he spent the time hunting demons with Miroku.

-Eventually her desire to be with him reopened the well, and she decided to be with him in the feudal era. It appears they married, as she addressed Sesshomaru as "brother" (-in-law)

-Sango and Miroku married and had kids. He continued using his trade as a monk to support his family.

-Sesshomaru continued on his path to becoming a great warrior like his father. He appears to have finally come to peace with his half-brother, even if he's not totally used to Kagome yet.

-Shippo went into training with a goal similar to Sesshomaru's, to become a powerful fox demon like his father was.

-Contrary to some rumours, Kohaku and Rin did not get together from what I saw. He continued to train as a demon hunter, while she settled with Kaede.

It did have a number of unresolved plot points (what happened to Koga?) but for a Rumiko Takahashi ending, it served its purpose.

i love watching inuyasha i've seen every episode!!!!!!! i wanna really see some manga and anime fans!!! really my fav show pounded into the ground!!!

Wow, and i thought i was the only one who was watch every episode. the manga is good. you should read it. even the ending is kinda werid. anyway if you want the website i can tell you.

I'm a big big fan, only started reading the manga when a friend brought it back from the states for me a couple years ago, i had no idea it was ending though (I'm only up to chapter 15 or so).

Would any of the manga fans recommend me tracking down the Anime?

Yes i do. just go to google and type in adinuyasha and you will find the recent inuyasha chapters.

OK, now time for my thoughts on InuYasha. No doubt people will object to this, and I don't care. This is a discussion, not a fans-only thread, which would just be boring.

InuYasha was typical spunky male with oversized weapon, Kagome was a bland twig with too many powers than she deserves, and Sesshomaru is the obligatory bishounen put there for fan-service. Later on in the series, there's a real lack of substance, aside from the "story thus far" section, which basically just vomits up the background information. To newcomers, it isn't as accessible; to seasoned readers, it's annoying. Takahashi's females all look the same: stick-thin with black hair and a totally blank, uninteresting face. That, and it takes so long for the story to really develop and get going that I don't think Takahashi even knew what she was doing any more, and just had to keep dragging it out.

"Yay, Naraku's dead!"

"No, he isn't! He's back again!"

"But he got shot with a sacred arrow! He should have been-!"

"Just play along! We get treats the longer we dance!"

And the ending for the anime; if you managed to last through endless Demon-of-the-week-gets-pwned and "character development" scenarios, your reward was the gang swearing to beat Naraku and then running down a road to nowhere.

What I find to be its biggest flaw is it isn't sure whether it's shounen (young men) or shoujo (young women) manga. Yes, as I said, there are definite shounen elements but considering Takahashi has more experience with shoujo, ultimately the love triangles between InuYasha, Kagome and Kikyo generally take over, and it all comes across as an uneven mixture of both genres.

If you want shounen with lots of romance and a well-crafted plot, read Rurouni Kenshin. If you liked InuYasha, you may just like this even more. I won't force you to do so, in case anybody gets the wrong impression, it's merely a suggestion.

I started buying some of the DVDs, but the music and video store I bought them from in the mall got converted into a clothing store...

I really like Inuyasha -- the music is fantastic, I like the artwork, and the characters are extremely well-crafted (well, most of them, anyway). My only problem is that the story severely drags, especially in the anime (though it seems to move faster in the manga). I can't believe it's finally ending...I may have to get back into the manga, now that I know there's an end in sight and not just an endless line of yellow spines stretching from now to infinity.

If Viz Media didn't royally suck with translations, name revisions, and manga flipping, I'd own it all.

Later on in the series, there's a real lack of substance, aside from the "story thus far" section, which basically just vomits up the background information. To newcomers, it isn't as accessible; to seasoned readers, it's annoying.

That, and it takes so long for the story to really develop and get going that I don't think Takahashi even knew what she was doing any more, and just had to keep dragging it out.

Unfortunatley, I completely agree with these statements. I really love the InuYasha manga, but it gets soooo repetative after volume 32 or so. I haven't read it past there. At that point in the manga, maybe one out of every three volumes is exciting/worth reading. Seriously, it's THE SAME THING over and over again, just with different temporary characters. And it's a shame too, because I think it's an awesome story. I'll probably flip through some of the volumes that I haven't read up until the end, and then actually read the very last one or two. I still want to know how it ends.

I'll probably flip through some of the volumes that I haven't read up until the end, and then actually read the very last one or two. I still want to know how it ends.

Once they actually reach the last battle (Naraku getting the last shard, etc) it picks up and doesn't really let back until the very end. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom