• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is anyone going to miss Dawn when she goes?

a little bit. but i hope they dont get another girl coordinator with "cute" pokemon...

They probably will, lol.

Just look at the character designs for the LG girl or the HGSS girl who didn't get to appear in the show, Sugimori is designing all the new females to be more girly than the last.

They probably will, lol.

Just look at the character designs for the LG girl or the HGSS girl who didn't get to appear in the show, Sugimori is designing all the new females to be more girly than the last.

It could simply be a Dawn type character, revised and polished to fix more flaws.

The problem is every girl is now going to go through similar development because they all start out as beginning trainers with cute Pokemon.

Brock and Misty were already trainers when we first saw them, so the writers didn't need to develop them as beginners like with Ash, May and Dawn.

The problem is every girl is now going to go through similar development because they all start out as beginning trainers with cute Pokemon.

Brock and Misty were already trainers when we first saw them, so the writers didn't need to develop them as beginners like with Ash, May and Dawn.

It's also unlikely to have a female character introduced already as a trainer, unless it's a gym leader. Although, the only reason why they used misty in the originals was because there were no female trainers to choose in the games back then.

I can't imagine how her sendoff would be different than May's though. May deciding to travel by herself and follow her rivals made sense character-wise, but for Dawn it would feel like the same thing.

The writers really did run themselves in a corner that way, but I guess that's what happens when you make another girl a coordinator.

Problem is Ninetails is a Kanto Pokemon, Dawn is likely to only capture Sinnoh or Johto Pokemon because of the current games.

Amusingly, May only captured Hoenn and Kanto Pokemon because of the games during her gen, (excluding Munchlax, who was a new Pokemon advertisement at the time), and Dawn will likely capture mostly Sinnoh and Johto Pokemon.

-Scratches head- Well damn, That doesn't really work does it? But wait, The games have a national Pokedex so wouldn't they allow her to capture Pokemon from all four regions? Ehh, Doesn't really matter to me but I just want her to get away from all the cute Pokemon. The Pokemon I really want her to capture is Umbreon because that Pokemon is one of my favorites. Or maybe she could capture a Kingdra or a Houndoom but just no more cute Pokemon, I'm actually tired of cute Pokemon but I can never get tired of Eevee xD

Anyway, Back to the topic. Yes, I would miss her because she is different from the other girls. She was very arrogant in the beginning but the contest losses brought her back to reality and she picked herself right off the ground and she actually improved herself so yes I will miss her when she goes but the question is if she will go just yet.

I'll miss her of course. She's been the character with the most character development after Gary (yes, she has been deeper developed in 150 chapters than Ash, brock and TR in 600), furthermore, she's pretty, and her Mexican voice is sooooooooo sweet. But we can't stop that to happen. So I must enjoy her as long as I have her.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom