• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is it worth it to buy the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc just for Jirachi?

the_importer

Reaction score
I have Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, so I could get 3 Jirachi and trade 2 of them after transferring to Diamond, Pearl or Platinum.

Question remains, do you think I'll be able to trade for other legionaries such as Mew, Deoxys, Manaphy or Phione?

Depends. Are you in the USA? Also I think this goes into a different section... Buy and Sell. :/

I'd say wait for now. The English distribution of Draco Meteor Jirachi probably isn't too far off.

I'd say wait for now. The English distribution of Draco Meteor Jirachi probably isn't too far off.
... more like United States distribution

As for the original question, that's really up to you. Is it worth $30 minimum (plus shipping) for you to be able to trade for other events? :p I have personally always kind of wanted one, but I don't have a credit card so I can't shop on eBay. And it's friggin' expensive anyways.

Oh wait, I just recalled, you can't trade Online for Pokémon that you haven't seen in the game, so that leaves these legendaries out of the picture.

Oh wait, I just recalled, you can't trade Online for Pokémon that you haven't seen in the game, so that leaves these legendaries out of the picture.

You can always do trades at the Bulbagarden Trade Center. :p Unlike in GTS, in Wi-Fi you can trade any Pokémon for any Pokémon. No restrictions (well, yeah, Rotom loses its Forme and Giratina takes off the Griseous Orb and Spiky-eared Pichu in HGSS cannot be traded... but basically everything else is OK).

In my opinion it's useless to pay that much for the disc. I'm sure you could find someone around here who can trade you one of those Jirachi (unless you need to get one for the Gen III games, then it's a different story...)

You can always do trades at the Bulbagarden Trade Center. :p Unlike in GTS, in Wi-Fi you can trade any Pokémon for any Pokémon. No restrictions (well, yeah, Rotom loses its Forme and Giratina takes off the Griseous Orb and Spiky-eared Pichu in HGSS cannot be traded... but basically everything else is OK).

In my opinion it's useless to pay that much for the disc. I'm sure you could find someone around here who can trade you one of those Jirachi (unless you need to get one for the Gen III games, then it's a different story...)

Unless it came from the bonus disc, any Jirachi will be a hacked version.

Unless it came from the bonus disc, any Jirachi will be a hacked version.

Not quite, there have been a few other event Jirachi, (AFAIK) the most recent being the one distributed via Wi-Fi in Japan. Also, I'd say many people here offer perfectly legitimate Pokémon - that is, if you don't count cloning.
Cloning is, though, at least in my opinion a personal ethical question, nothing else. Do you want to pay big bucks for one absolutely certainly legit Pokémon, or trade for a clone of such Pokémon with no $ price? I thought so too.

Well I went headed and bought, cost me $29.90 including S&H. I'll transfer Jirachi to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald and then resale the game on ebay, getting some of my money back.

>_<

I guess after I got interested in competitive battling, my appreciation for event Legendaries and such has tanked, but I still wouldn't spend $30 on a Pokémon. Oh well, I'm happy for you.

You can exchange friend codes and trade like that, though. You just can't GTS it (which is probably better really)

It doesnt work on emerald, though, I tried it.
Also, it is only worth it if you want all the events, or are trying to collect pokemon games.

You know if you don't mind resetting either ruby or sapphire you can get an infinite jirachi's. with the bonus disk all you need to get jirachi is to get the pokedex. So you can get the dex catch 5 more pokemon starter + jirachi pal park them lather rinse repeat.

Well I went headed and bought, cost me $29.90 including S&H. I'll transfer Jirachi to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald and then resale the game on ebay, getting some of my money back.

You do realize if you held onto the game you would have an unlimited amount of Jirachi, right?

If you start a new game, you can get a new Jirachi. The bonus disc will not work with Emerald either.

You do realize if you held onto the game you would have an unlimited amount of Jirachi, right?

If you start a new game, you can get a new Jirachi. The bonus disc will not work with Emerald either.

To be quite honest, after finishing: FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl et Platinum, I think I'll be sick of playing these games for the rest of my life and will probably concentrate on 3D battling with all of these monsters.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom