• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is there going to be gym challenges?

Konja7

Reaction score
Scarlett and Violet has been announced as an Open World game.

So, I've been wondering if there will be Gym challenges, where the player needs to get eight badges to participate in the Pokemon League. That seems like a very linear concept.

What do you think?

I think they could tie the rank system from Legends more into the progression of the game. I said in another thread that if they’re doing a school angle, which seems likely at first glance, the Pokédex tasks could be converted into assignments and maybe you have to complete a certain amount to progress. They could take a page out of Pokémon Go’s book and prevent leveling up your rank unless you complete certain tasks even if you have enough points, and those tasks could be the ones that require you to go to a specific area or advance the plot or what have you. I’m picturing 18 ranks with each of them having a type-specific battle at the end that basically acts as a gym leader.

And then have the final part before the credits be another tournament instead of an Elite Four?

Scarlett and Violet has been announced as an Open World game.

So, I've been wondering if there will be Gym challenges, where the player needs to get eight badges to participate in the Pokemon League. That seems like a very linear concept.

What do you think?
They could easily make the gym challenge less linear by simply allowing us to travel and battle the gym leaders in any order we want. Even if they make the first available gym leader one you have to battle first just to give new players a sense of what to expect, and then allow us to travel and battle the other 7 in any order, would be good enough to not make it too linear.

I saw some building with a Gym symbol in the trailer. I'm pretty sure Gyms are in the game.

I hadn't seen any buildin with a Gym symbol in the trailer.

Could you tell me the minute this symbol appears?

If there is a gym challenge, I'm really curious how it will work. These games are 100% open world. Will you be able to challenge them in any order? Will the Gym Leaders scale their levels or change their teams up? I'm really curious to find out.
The routes are open world but that doesn't mean they can't find a way to block you from reaching a Gym early.

The routes are open world but that doesn't mean they can't find a way to block you from reaching a Gym early.
Whether or not there’s traditional gyms that’s where mounts could come in handy. Like you can’t access this town until you unlock the ability surf over this lake or climb a cliff, etc

Whether or not there’s traditional gyms that’s where mounts could come in handy. Like you can’t access this town until you unlock the ability surf over this lake or climb a cliff, etc
I really hope Gamefreak work more towards scaling gyms and wild Pokémon based on your Pokemon's level and/or amount of gym badges. We know that Gamefreak are capable of level scaling, since they did it in the wild area. Nexomon is a great example of level scaling in order to go and explore wherever you want. I'd rather they go that route rather than just blocking off towns. I don't mind some areas being inaccessible until later in game, but i wouldn't want the actual towns and cities to be blocked off in order to make us battle the gyms in order. Kind of defeats the purpose of an Open World game.

I definitely feel that, if there are gyms and you can do them in any order. Its more likely that Gamefreak would scale the gym strength to number of badges rather than levels. Not only is it an easier way to go about it (with things like how many Pokemon the leaders should have) but its also how they have done scaling in the past, with the wild area/DLC and i think the grand underground?

Could you tell the mimute it appears? I couldn't see the gym logo.

Please look to these two pictures this logo looks lioe gym logo right?

But i am not sure
Screenshot_20220228-195023_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220228-195033_Gallery.jpg

I love doing missions and requests. Pokemon arfues legends is such as final fantasy 12.

Requests is such as Hunting in final fantasy. The open world, tbey way the story really remind me kf final fantasy 12 which i reallu really love.

Thank you very much for the screenshots.

I should say I'm not sure the symbol represent a gym here. The symbol seems to be over a Pokemon Center.

You welcome and no need to thank me ^^.
Maybe gym and maybe pokemon centre

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom