• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jaxon's GenV

Jaxon

Certified random dude
Reaction score
Hey guys! I havent posted here in a while but Ive still been keeping up with new pokemon stuff!
This is the team im using in pokemon online simulator and, hopefully, my team in B/W if i ever get it:

My team:
Ani637MS.png
Ani411MS.png
Ani094MS.png
Ani503MS.png
Ani560MS.png
Ani232MS.png

Up-Close:
637.png

Volcarona
255-SpAtk/255-Spe
Modest
Flame Body
Sitrus Berry
-Flame Dance
-Butterfly Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Psychic

The main sweeper of my team. He relies heavily on Donphan to spin off hazzards to successfully set-up and sweep. But when he gets started, he's hard to stop! Bug Buzz and Flame dance are powerful STABs and Psychic gives him coverage resisted only by Heatran, who gets killed by two psychics after 3 or 4 boosts. I put him in front to throw off my opponents since Pokemon Online allows us to see each other's teams and rearrange ours before each match.

Spr_5b_411.png

Bastiodon
254-Hp/64-Def/192-SpDef
Sassy
Sturdy
Lum Berry
-Stealth Rock
-Metal Burst
-Roar
-Taunt

My ACTUAL lead. Sets up SR in front of other hazzard leads, and also functions as a suicide lead thanks to Metal Burst. Taunt takes care of Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Forretress and Roar keeps pokes from setting up. Lum Berry allows him to take care of Machamp and Sleep leads with Metal Burst and Taunt, respectivley. Although, if a Mirror Bounce pokemon shows up he has to switch out since he's pretty much helpless against them.

094.png

Gengar
255-SpAtk/255-Spe
Timid
Levitate
Life Orb
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast

My wall breaking special attacker! This guys packs a punch and can easily tear through half a team! His only problems are priority users, and pursuit tyranitar if he misses with Focus Blast. I use psychic to take care of the numerous fighting types in this gen especially the legendaries, shadow ball is a good STAB and Thunderbolt hurts water types like Jellicient.

Spr_5b_503.png

Samurott
64-Atk/192-SpAtk/254-Spe
Naive
Torrent
Choice Scarf
-Hydro Pump
-Grass Knot
-Megahorn
-Ice Beam

I use the new starter as mixed attacker and he does that pretty well. Choice Scarf allows him to be useful in OU despite his rather lame base speed. His attacks give him good coverage and his reasonable bulk allows him to take a few hits before going down and counter some rain pokemon.

Spr_5b_560.png

Scrafty
254-Hp/128-Atk/128-Def
Careful
Shed Skin
Leftovers
-Bulk up
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Ice Punch

My back-up sweeper. He can take quite a few hits and heal up with Drain Punch. Hes pretty useful against sandstorm teams and any pokemon who uses pysical attacks in general. His great bulk coupled with a reliable recovery/Offensive move in Drain Punch gives hime HUGE staying power.

232.png

Donphan
128-Def/254-Atk/128-Hp
Impish
Sturdy
Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Fire Fang
-Rapid Spin

An effective Spinner/Physical Tank. Donphan can also bring down pokemon like Ferrothorn with fire fang or Whimsicott/Dragons with Ice Shard. Earthquake is his main Offensive move and his sturdy allows him to get in at least one attack, even if is just rapid spin.​

Well, Thats my new team. Please rate away!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I havent posted here in a while but Ive still been keeping up with new pokemon stuff!
This is the team im using in pokemon online simulator and, hopefully, my team in B/W if i ever get it:

526.png

Gigalith-
255-Atk/255-Hp
-Adamant
-Sturdy
-Balloon
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Explosion

This Guy is my lead and, sometimes, physical attacker. I'd give him a custap berry but that would make him banned from standard OU T_T. Oh well, balloon works just fine, especially if the opponent doesn't notice XD! He's pretty much guaranteed to set up Stealth Rock and afterwards I'll switch him out, make him explode or have him attack, depending on my opponent's pokemon.

wait, custap is banned in standard? hmmm, i didnt know that. anyways, he looks good

094.png

Gengar-
255-SpAtk/255-Spe
-Timid
-Levitate
-Life Orb
Shadow Ball
Clear Smog
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

My wall breaking special attacker! This guys packs a punch and can easily tear through half a team! His only problems are priority users, and pursuit tyranitar if he misses with Focus Blast. Clear Smog is there to elimenate the opponent's attempt to set up(except on steel-types) and the rest is pretty much just for coverage.

gengar wount survive long enough to phaza and sweep. I suggest substitute>clear smog, so you can come in scare somthing away, sub, and sweep

Spr_5b_503.png

Daikenki-
128-Atk/128-SpAtk/254-Spe
-Hasty
-Torrent
-Lum Berry
Hydro Pump
Aqua Jet
Megahorn
Ice Beam

The latest water starter is, once again, on my team! I use him for mixed attacking and he does that pretty well, thanks to bug and water being an almost unresisted combo!(as far as I know anyway XD) Lum Berry is there because they still haven't added those swimming goggles I've been hearing about. Apperantly they boost speed and accuracy for water-types. Ill put it on him as soon as they add it.

swimming googles were a scam, they are not real. anyways, infernape may work better then him. you get more attack and speed, at the cost of defensive stats. ive been sucsessfull with

infernape@life orb
Hasty nature
Iron fist
252 SpE/64 Attack/192 SpA
Close Combat
Mach Punch
Fire Blast
HP: Grass/ HP:Electric /Grass knot/ thunderpunch

237.png

Hitmontop
255-Hp/255-Atk
-Careful
-Intimidate
-Leftovers
Close Combat
Rapid Spin
Stone Edge
Foresight

The standard Rapid spinner Hitmontop. His uses include:
-Helping Ulgamoth set-up by removing hazzards even infront of ghosts
-Keeping physical attackers, such as tyranitar and scizor in check

i feel donphan can do this better, also, foresight is kinda gimmiky

donphan@Leftovers
252HP/252 Attack/4 Defense OR 252 Defense/252 Attack/ 4 HP
Adamant (first Spread)/Impish (seccond Spread)

~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Rapid Spin
~Ice Shard

573.png

Chillaccino
255-Hp/255-Spe
-Jolly
-Cute Charm
-Red Card
U-Turn
Toxic
Thunder Wave
Encore

My multi-purpose, super-fluffy, rodent is useful for annoying the bad guys! He has on several occasions annoyed my opponents into submission and he does so by:
-Ending sweeps with red card
-Ending set-up attempts with toxic/encore stall
and
-Using encore and thunder wave to make enemies set-up fodder for:

this guy is best used for his ability, skill link. a paraflinch jirachi or togekiss with the red card (which is kinda gimmiky) could do this better

637.png

Ulgamoth
255-SpAtk/255-Spe
-Modest
-Flame Body
-Sitrus Berry
Flame Dance
Butterfly Dance
Bug Buzz
Psychic

The main sweeper of my team. He relies heavily on the last two pokemon to successfully set-up and sweep. But when he gets started, he's hard to stop! Bug Buzz and Flame dance are powerful STABs and Psychic gives him coverage resisted only by heatran, who gets killed by two psychics after 3 or 4 boosts. He's tough, but as I said, he relies heavily on the last two to set-up especially with all those hazzards around!

looks good, just be weary of whirlwind/roar stall bringing him in when SR is ub before they are spun

Well, Thats my new team. Please rate away!

Thanks for the reply!
Donphan sounds like a good idea! Dunno whi I didnt think of him!
Buts since Gigalith already has SR I'll replace it with fire fang or something

OK! I've played some more and updated my team! I've gotten to around rank 300-900 in Smogon server. Please rate away again!

Good team, but I suggest Substitute over Psychic on Gengar, or Will-o-wisp, people may say it's not worth it but the burn really helps.

I've tried substitute on Gengar but with all the Fighting-types running around I'd rather have Psychic and as for will-o-wisp I'd rather not risk Gutsing-up Conkeldurr

I've tried substitute on Gengar but with all the Fighting-types running around I'd rather have Psychic and as for will-o-wisp I'd rather not risk Gutsing-up Conkeldurr

Psychic is a pretty bad move to use on a Pursuit-weak Pokemon. In the current Generation V metagame, I'd suggest using a Substitute+Pain Split Gengar to handle Burungeru/Nattorei cores while still being somewhat versatile.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom