• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there an actual video of the preview yet? all ive seen "confirming" Mimey being used is Dephenders post on Serebii

I doubt they care about Twitter rants or folks complaining on English message boards. :coffee:
But the question is, who do they care about? Who do they think will enjoy Mimey battling? Do kids really love mimes nowadays? The rebound of Mr. Mime in Pokemon media over the last couple years has been a big head scratcher to me since it was never one of the popular Kanto Pokemon to begin with, and miming has always been considered weird as far as I knew.

Mr Mime was just the featured Pokemon for this episode on Oha Suta, so we don't have direct confirmation yet if it is the Pokemon he indeed uses in battle.

If this was any other series I doubt people would be up in arms with him using Mimey.

Mr Mime was just the featured Pokemon for this episode on Oha Suta, so we don't have direct confirmation yet if it is the Pokemon he indeed uses in battle.

If this was any other series I doubt people would be up in arms with him using Mimey.
It's because this series has used Mimey's mime joke twice now and it wasn't really funny either time, not to mention with the series promising returns to old regions and the like it should have been a no-brainer to let Ash use some of his old Pokémon, so to have him use Mr. Mime instead of literally any of them is a catastrophic waste of potential and a further kick to the older fans, many of whom already see this series as being on thin ice for a variety of reasons.

The featured Pokemon thing kind of settles it I think. Mr. Mime wasn't shown doing anything in the preview from last weekend other than practicing yoga or whatever that was, so the fact that it's featured now heavily hints that it'll have a major role and what bigger role than to be Ash's mystery Pokemon.

What would be the point of Mimey joining the main cast if it had no real role, it might as well have stayed with Delia.

I know people wanted Ash to use a reserve but it would have most likely been a Kanto Mon anyway not something Hoen.

Also Doesn't Mr Mime count as an old Pokemon

Last edited:
I'm going to wait for Sunday before I draw any conclusion. We still don't know what Ash is doing during the yoga scene... Fetching a Poke Ball to catch Mimey? Asking for Delia's approval?

but PM has done a much better job at keeping tight lipped up until this point.

That's probably because there hasn't really been anything worth spoiling in this series until now.

Seriously what would that even mean for the series if this were true? Ash isn't catching any new Pokemon or using his old ones? The first non-Pikachu battle is Mr. Mime? No it isn't.

I just love how we're already deducing what this one instance of Ash using Mr. Mime signifies for the rest of the series. :cautious:

Seriously, at most it means that Ash is using Mr. Mime in one battle in this episode. That's literally it for the time being.

Confirmation of Mr Mime:

Confirmation of Mr Mime:
facepalm.jpg

On the plus side, we get to see Mr. Mime used in battle for a change
That's true. Either way there's a bright side, either the battle is good and we get a good showing for its first battle since its debut episode, or we get an awful battle but it's OK because we would have dodged a bullet rather than see one of Ash's long-unused reserves come back only for a bad battle.

It'd be cool if Ash actually caught Mimey prior to the battle. That'd make it his first Psychic AND Fairy Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom