• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN021: Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the preview again, are you sure that wind isn't just indicating the beginning of the battle against Tauros? I'm all for Ash showing off capabilities for Aura, but I think it's a stretch here...

Again, that is obviously not the wind. When have they ever animated a currents as a blue, crescent, semi-transparent, energy-like wave that pops up from the ground? Isn't air supposed to be... you know... invisible?

And, again, I don't believe that both Ash and Pikachu are using Aura in that scene, be it subconsciously or not (not to mention that I'm in the camp of people who find the idea that "character X is so powerful and proficient with their special gift that they can perform advanced techniques with it, either intentionally or without realizing it, despite having no proper training" to be unbelievable, idiotic and a poor excuse for weak writing). The fact the wave appears while Pikachu is battling definitely puts a big question mark under the whole Ash uses Aura theory (though that might still be the case, since we barely know anything about the battle, where it's taking place and whether it is before or after Ash got the egg). I'm with @The Amazing Popplio on this one, in that it's probably just Riolu sensing Ash and Pikachu and the Aura they're giving off during that battle. But, again, we don't have any context regarding the battle, so who knows what's actually going on with that wave? What is clear about said wave, however, is that it's not a mere gust of wind.

Yeah, I don't think Ash is using Aura in that battle (or that he ever will use it in battle--that would feel kind of cheaty, I think).
If his Aura sensitivity comes up again I expect it to be a way to link him with Riolu and maybe used for non-battle things like when he tracked the Aura Sphere Riolu in DP (and maybe those few odd things in this series like hearing Lugia).

I'm pretty sure Ash will get a Riolu. The color of the egg and the word "aura/wave guidance" in the episode title pretty much suggest that.
Plus, it's only my theory, but it clearly looks like the writers are giving Ash the audience's all-time favourite Pokemon starting with Dragonite and Gengar. So, Riolu/Lucario fits in here perfectly and it would only be logical.

Anyways, wow Ash getting one of the best and most popular Pokemon would be really cool. I'm looking forward to this episode!

A production sketch of this episode from the official Twitter

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1247403737028521985

EU59FK9UcAAp5_J

Yeah, I agree it looks like it's trying to lift or pull something heavy to me--possibly the egg.

Although one twitter comment suggested he's trying to open a ketchup bottle. :wynaut:
Has the ketchup bottle thing ever popped up again in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom