• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN037: I'm Back, Nice to Meet You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm? A strange statement from Kiawe...Is Gou really considered a "Rival" to Ash? We're not too far in with the Dub over here but I didn't see it that way. :unsure:

There was a line in one of the previews for upcoming episodes where Goh says “I’m not Ash’s rival, I’m his research fellow and friend!” or something like that. Kiawe probably assumes that Goh is Ash’s rival but Goh doesn’t consider himself that.

My behavior and reaction towards this episode have been stupid and toxic for my part. I apologize to all of the users.

But I still mantain my same thesis.

It's unfair that Team Rocket is not here. Unfair.

They have Pokémon there too. I know that a lot cannot be crammed in 20 minutes but come on.

Some of you said " but they will only appear 30 seconds " I dont care I dont care, I want to see those Pokemon that made us Rocket fans so proud even if only those seconds.

Others said : "They will appear in episode 38" If they appear in that episode without mention of their old partners is far far far worse. Also we have no confirmation if that episode is set in Alola or in our favourite region: Kanto.

@Panky.. You said that If I wanted Team Rocket to become generic villains. Well I do not want that cause they already are . Generic Villain 101 says that that the villains will use random methods every episode to attack the protagonist. Well this is happening with that stupid gatcha. (We had the mechas before but in the end they always resorted to the cacneas, the Arboks and the Inkays)

They deprived Team Rocket to have any development with any Pokemon of their own (Ditto was just an POTD) and you wanna know why?

This is just a theory that I had since the series started. I think that they want to make Go such a good character that they have to extract any good left in Team Rocket and give it to him. At what moments did Team Rocket show his good heart? Exactly with their own Pokémon. "We cannot make our villains care better their Pokemon than our protagonist" That's the reason why I dislike Go this much. I dislike him. And people does not seem to understand that Team Rocket has been here for 24 years. They deserve respect.

Also the gatcha is just a cliche machine:

The Powerful Pokemon (Tyranytar,Gyarados)
The Big uncountrolable Pokemon (Wailord)
The small but fighting Pokemon (Bellsrout,Chewtle)
The cute but strong Pokemon (Cincino,Buneary)
The strong but fall for a stupid gag Pokemon (Drapion,Scolipede)
The flying Pokemon (Crobat,Skarmory)
The marine Pokemon (Caravahna,Kingler)
The Pokemon with weird weaknesses (Armaldo, Magnezone)
The scary twin Pokemons (Dusclops bros)

About the episode , well It's nice seeing the alola gang again and this opens the flood to a door of returns and goodbyes too.

Just a few more hours until the preview! I'm so excited to see all of our old friends... and maybe even a new arrival! We should have some hints and answers come tomorrow morning!

Man we’ve been waiting for an episode like this for YEARS. Not only is Ash revisiting an old region, he’s meeting his old pokemon AND companions!

This is why I’m so on board with a world tour series like this. It has its flaws, but I’d rather take this than another generic gym badge fetch-quest.

Here’s hoping we get more episodes like this in the future!

I am most counting on the return of the XY gang. Then Dawn, May, Misty and Brock, the Unova gang at the end, especially Iris.
Yeah Iris would be cool to see again. It's pretty crazy we haven't seen Iris in her champion outfit yet actually. She's got potential as a character but I really didn't like her in BW.

I don't necessarily mind who's next, but maybe leave Brock and Misty till the end since we just had them in SM (twice).

6A16BF7D-D496-42A4-A3DA-89CA954B5BBE.jpeg
644A1042-F7EE-4DD4-A904-995313E0A2AB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom