• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN050: Galar Fossils! Stick 'Em Together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted before but I got this courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

UOCHILLDON: Its body is protected by a thick skin. It appears breathing difficulties made this Pokémon go extinct.
UONORAGON: It has powerful legs and jaws. Its own overhunting of its prey was what drove it to extinction.
PATCHILLDON: It preserved prey with the ice on its body. It seems it went extinct because it moved so slowly.
PATCHIRAGON: The muscles in its tail generate its electricity. It went extinct because it depleted all its plant-based food sources.

WHICH POKÉMON WILL BE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE?! "GALAR FOSSILS! STICK 'EM TOGETHER!!" AIRS FRIDAY JANUARY 8TH, 2021!!

THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER POKÉMON THAT HAVE BEEN BROUGHT BACK FROM FOSSILS AS WELL!!
Technology has restored many Pokémon from discovered fossils.
ANOPTH: It lived on the sea floor and hunted with claws.
AMARUS: Its body was discovered in over 100 million year old ice and restored.
OMNITE: It swam by twisting its 10 tentacles about.
PTERA: It uses its sawlike fangs to shred its prey!
PROTOGA: It was seemingly the ancestor of many turtle Pokémon.
ARCHEN: It couldn't fly, but moved by hopping.
KABUTO: It apparently lived on beaches 300 million years ago.
LILYLA: It lived on the seafloor 100 million years ago.
ZUGAIDOS: It apparently used its hard head to fight Ptera.
CHIGORAS: It has a jaw that can even destroy a car.
TATETOPS: It lived in ancient jungles.

SUPER IMPROVEMENT 2: WILL SOMEONE GET A FOSSIL POKÉMON?!
Satoshi and his friends visit a Pokémon fossil excavation site. There, they assist with research that brings Pokémon back from their fossilized state. If they can get new Pokémon through this, will they become reliable companion for them...?

RESTORING POKÉMON FROM POKÉMON FOSSILS!!
Two of the Pokémon listed below will be brought back to life with the restoration device! Which two Pokémon are they going to meet?!
*Uochilldon
*Patchiragon
*Uonoragon
*Patchilldon

UOCHILLDON: Its body is protected by a thick skin. It appears breathing difficulties made this Pokémon go extinct.
UONORAGON: It has powerful legs and jaws. Its own overhunting of its prey was what drove it to extinction.
PATCHILLDON: It preserved prey with the ice on its body. It seems it went extinct because it moved so slowly.
PATCHIRAGON: The muscles in its tail generate its electricity. It went extinct because it depleted all its plant-based food sources.

This is interesting because it implies that these Fossils were actually something that existed in the past and not something that Cara Liss just simply made up on the spot (Which she did)

Ash will not catch Dracovish - it’s surprising how many people think he will. I can’t really explain why I know he won’t, because it seems so bloody obvious to me.

Ash will not catch Dracovish - it’s surprising how many people think he will. I can’t really explain why I know he won’t, because it seems so bloody obvious to me.
What's so obvious about him not catching Dracovish? It's no different from any other Pokemon out there

What's so obvious about him not catching Dracovish? It's no different from any other Pokemon out there

Are you kidding? It’s a fossil, not just a fossil but one of the Galar fossil Pokémon. Do you really see Dracovish on the main cast?

Also, Ash's first catch in the new series was a fully evolved pseudo-legendary, something that I'm pretty sure literally nobody saw coming. With how many curveballs this series has been throwing at us, it's certainly far from impossible for Ash to catch one of the Galar fossils here. Sure, these things aren't what I would have liked Ash's first fossil catch to be, but oh well. I'm personally not entirely convinced that Ash will be catching Dracovish (I'd say the odds are 50/50), but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.

That said, if Ash does catch Dracovish, that's a strong indication that they're just gonna ignore the horrible implications of creating the Galar fossils altogether, which is pretty disappointing, but I had a feeling in my gut that the anime wouldn't be brave enough to point that out anyway.

Also, Ash's first catch in the new series was a fully evolved pseudo-legendary, something that I'm pretty sure literally nobody saw coming. With how many curveballs this series has been throwing at us, it's certainly far from impossible for Ash to catch one of the Galar fossils here. Sure, these things aren't what I would have liked Ash's first fossil catch to be, but oh well. I'm personally not entirely convinced that Ash will be catching Dracovish (I'd say the odds are 50/50), but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.
I'm in the same boat. In some strange way, I can see this thing on Ash's team, but I don't really have a strong opinion either way. It would make sense, there are two excavation groups and presumably two resurrected fossil Pokemon, so why wouldn't Ash and Gou both get one?

I think it's worth noting that the summaries and promo articles do seem to want us to think that Ash will get one of the fossils, and the last time Ash was heavily teased to get a Pokemon was with Sobble, who kind of acted as a decoy to cover up Ash getting Farfetch'd. If they're really trying to mislead us into thinking that Ash will get Dracovish, it makes me wonder if they have some kind of ulterior motive.

I haven't played the games, but my understanding is that the Galar fossils are improperly put together and therefore those Pokemon are constantly suffering. However, having been resurrected, do they not need someone to care for them? The anime is hardly going to cover the subject of euthanising them to end their pain...

I haven't played the games, but my understanding is that the Galar fossils are improperly put together and therefore those Pokemon are constantly suffering. However, having been resurrected, do they not need someone to care for them? The anime is hardly going to cover the subject of euthanising them to end their pain...
It's mixed. Some aren't described as being in pain but as simply being unable to survive on their own due to being unable to feed themselves. Dracozolt is the "winner" in that it seems to be mostly okay; it's proportions are awful but it isn't described as being unable to feed itself (the dex claims it went extinct due to overfeeding rather than having breathing problems like some of the others. Not making that up--dex specifically cite that as a problem for Arctovish).

I joked a bit about Frankenstein earlier but I'd say it really does apply; the scientists running the machine are mostly to blame (the kids probably expect the adults to know what they're doing) but I frankly wouldn't trust them with living creatures. The best thing for the Pokémon is probably to go with the kids.

I hope on Friday we see what happens when Ash & Goh did gets Dracovish/Dracozolt/Arctovish/Arctozolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom