• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultra Beasts are classified as legendaries in the Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon game files. Ergo, they are legendaries.
They are not, all official sources say so.
Yeah. There was once a quiz on an official Pokémon site, with one question being to name a Pokémon from a group of four that was not a Legendary. The correct answer was Pheromosa.

Hopefully Go gets Entei and Raikou after catching Suicune. He should get the complete set

Hopefully Go gets Entei and Raikou after catching Suicune. He should get the complete set
Give it a rest, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The fact that you refer to Pokemon as "sets" like they were trophies/collectibles only sounds worse.

On topic, I really hope there's no raid or battle involved but instead delves into lore behind Suicune which has only been briefly touched upon in the anime. I'm talking about the stuff way back from Pokemon Crystal.

Give it a rest, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The fact that you refer to Pokemon as "sets" like they were trophies/collectibles only sounds worse.
I mean they are. At least to Goh. And I see no reason to give up on Goh catching more Legendaries

The only legendaries I could see Goh catching are the Legendary Birds since they're a trio, he's already encountered one of them, and they have Galarian forms to be compared to, so they're still fairly relevant. Plus they're native to Kanto, which this series loves. I guess he could capture Zamazenta eventually, but Ash would have to catch Zacian in that scenario too, and I feel like the writer's wouldn't want to take away Lucario's spotlight.

An Ultra Beast and Ultra Guardian episode where Goh becomes an honorary Ultra Guardian is inevitable, so he'll most likely capture at least one, but he'll most likely have to release it.

An Ultra Beast and Ultra Guardian episode where Goh becomes an honorary Ultra Guardian is inevitable, so he'll most likely capture at least one, but he'll most likely have to release it.
This made me realize that since this series is apparently trying to feature as many Pokémon as possible, we're probably going to see UBs returning later down the line. Maybe even visiting different Ultra Space worlds.

This made me realize that since this series is apparently trying to feature as many Pokémon as possible, we're probably going to see UBs returning later down the line.

I mean, if they truly are trying to show as many Pokemon as possible, they have to show up eventually.
An Ultra Guardians episode or two is the most obvious thing they could do, plus it involves all of the Alola Ultra Guardian members who have already returned (besides Lillie, physically at least, though we will probably get some closure to the search for Mohn and she'll return to Alola). It continues the integration of Goh into their friend group and him becoming more open to having a ton of friends, also.

A Naganadel cameo would be cool.

Either way, I'm guessing this episode will be more of the history and lore of the Legendary Dogs, regardless of if Eusine is involved (though it'd be really cool). I'm actually expecting this episode to be more about introducing legends and stuff to Koharu.

Legendaries as Collectibles.....
Where have I heard something similar....
Oh, right. The Collector from the Second Movie....
As a plus, he also started with something Mew-related.

I'd really like a call-back to the fourth movie.....
Or Minaki reappearing, even as an opponent for Satoshi. I recall that they were about to battle...

You do not understand the concept of what Pokémon truly are. Maybe you should watch the 1st movie or play the games again cause you don't get it.

And you can believe what you want but in the end the wall of reality is gonna hit you. Hard

Wanna know the concept behind Suicune, The Wind of the North?

The main concept of Suicune is that he is free as the wind, as it was shown on my favourite game Pokemon Crystal. In the end you gain the trust of Suicune., It's the first legendary Pokémon that connects with you. That's why he is special.

And wanna know another thing? He is my favourite Pokémon and he is gonna be free. FOREVER.

You can continue your infinite loop now. I said all I have to say.
You know Legendaries have been caught in the anime before right? Suicune is no different than Latios or the Regis

You know Legendaries have been caught in the anime before right? Suicune is no different than Latios or the Regis
You're shooting yourself in the foot by bringing this up.

Brandon is an experienced and veteran trainer who dedicated his entire life to his pursuit and studies (he's the only trainer in the anime so far to deserve the legendaries he has). Tobias is a bad Deus ex machina and hence automatically invalidated. Latios was under trainership of a one note CotD (who's also an experienced adult). Anyone else who attempted to catch legendaries were outright villains.

And the fact that you say that "Suicune is no different from the others" shows that you don't know anything about the anime's past or lore associated to Suicune.

Maybe, but the Trainers who caught them differ. I'm not saying it's not impossible for him to catch it, just that you shouldn't treat it as a certainty, or even as likely.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by bringing this up.

Brandon is an experienced and veteran trainer who dedicated his entire life to his pursuit and studies (he's the only trainer in the anime so far to deserve the legendaries he has). Tobias is a bad Deus ex machina and hence automatically invalidated. Latios was under trainership of a one note CotD (who's also an experienced adult). Anyone else who attempted to catch legendaries were outright villains.

And the fact that you say that "Suicune is no different from the others" shows that you don't know anything about the anime's past or lore associated to Suicune.
There is also the Nurse Joy who owned a Latias. If she of all people can own one there is nothing stopping Goh from catching Suicune ;)

There is also the Nurse Joy who owned a Latias. If she of all people can own one there is nothing stopping Goh from catching Suicune ;)
So you're equating a random CotD without any writing/backstory/characterization to them and their trainership of a Latios to a supposed protagonist and expect the latter to lack quality as the former? :confused:

Either that, or you've run out of points to base your argument upon, and are throwing anything possible hoping it sticks. This is further validated by the fact that you've ignored replies with proper points and started moving goalposts.

Last edited:
So you're equating a random CotD without any writing/backstory/characterization to them and their trainership of a Latios to a supposed protagonist and expect the latter to lack quality as the former? :confused:

Either that, or you've run out of points to base your argument upon, and are throwing anything possible hoping it sticks. This is further validated by the fact that you've ignored replies with proper points and started moving goalposts.
Agree to disagree then. I still think the chances of Goh getting Suicune is quite high. We'll just wait for the episode to tell us then

Based on the title alone, there is no way someone is catching Suicune. Its treated as the Water God's Protector (Ergo, it protects Lugia).
Water's God Protector, not Water God's protector. Implying Suicune is the God protecting the water.

Eh...I'm getting a little tired of all the legendary episodes, tbh. It's not that I don't enjoy seeing them in the anime, but it's starting to feel like oversaturation, especially since I don't foresee any of them being captured (nor do I want to.)

I would, however, love to see Eusine here. Not only would it be cool to see another former character, but Eusine could also help further the potential interest in research that Goh has shown hints of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom