• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time that a character appered =/= Focus. Focus=Character is important to the plot. The episode is about both Ash and Pikachu, they both learned a lesson and Just cuz you dont like my views does not mean I should change them.
That’s not what focus is at all. Focus is about who the story follows not merely about the importance to the plot. A character can be important to the plot in the sense that they set it into motion, but that doesn’t mean that the story is about them. Ash may have set the episode’s plot in motion but it was Pikachu who the plot was focused on.

That’s not what focus is at all. Focus is about who the story follows not merely about the importance to the plot. A character can be important to the plot in the sense that they set it into motion, but that doesn’t mean that the story is about them. Ash may have set the episode’s plot in motion but it was Pikachu who the plot was focused on.
The plot was about both Ash and Pikachu.

It wasn't a Pikachu, nor an Ash episode. It was a Mimey episode, since we got to know the most about its personality.
No.

The plot was about both Ash and Pikachu.
Star Wars was about both Obi-Wan and Luke, but only the latter was the focus. The Hobbit was catalyzed by Gandalf but the story is primarily centered around Bilbo. Just because someone has an important presence in a story does not mean that they are the focus of it.

Per the dictionary, focus means
a center of activity, attraction, or attention
I’d argue that focus characters generally have the most screen time dedicated to them, probably around 50% or more of the episode’s runtime. If Ash was only in an episode in the beginning and end, then he is not the focus because he was not the center of attention.

Star Wars was about both Obi-Wan and Luke, but only the latter was the focus. The Hobbit was catalyzed by Gandalf but the story is primarily centered around Bilbo. Just because someone has an important presence in a story does not mean that they are the focus of it.

Per the dictionary, focus means

I’d argue that focus characters generally have the most screen time dedicated to them, probably around 50% or more of the episode’s runtime. If Ash was only in an episode in the beginning and end, then he is not the focus because he was not the center of attention.
Even tho Pikachu has more focus Ash still also has focus. Ash training and neglecting Chuuster was attention but not the center

Even tho Pikachu has more focus Ash still also has focus. Ash training and neglecting Chuuster was attention but not the center
If it wasn’t the center of attention then Ash isn’t the focus of the episode. Sure, Ash might have gotten some degree of focus, but he’s not the focal point of the episode.

I’ll use this painting as an example.
1612280050872.jpeg
The central figure is the focus of this painting, as evident by its position and size. You can see two figures on the left hand side of the painting, which are given some degree of focus as well. However, they are not the focus—the focal point of the painting—if you catch my drift.

Edit: If Ash has 5 minutes of screen time split between the beginning and end of the episode while Pikachu has 15 minutes, then Ash isn’t the focus.

Last edited:
What does Mr. Mime have to do with this episode? Is it on the cast list or something?

I’m not a moderator, but can we please stop talking about what previous episodes’ primary focus was on?
I brought it up to mention how this episode might have a run-time issue sharing Ash and Goh in the spotlight, which could waste the time for Farfetch’d v Aegislash, but I really don’t care if that one episode was Pikachu centred or not.

Let me see if I can predict how the episode will come about.

Ash and Pokemon Go! now available on iPhone and Android, download today! will both go to meet Wilstrom. Farfetch'd spends the entire episode getting defeated by random trainers in the camp, while Goh's Scyther will be flying through flaming hoops while everyone applauds how strong and great it is. Eventually Wilstrom will change Ash to a battle between Farfetch'd and Aegislash since getting crushed into the ground in a one-sided fight is a great way to get stronger. Farfetch'd naturally jobs to Aegislash, then Wlstrom says something symbolic that doesn't actually mean anything. Meanwhile Goh evolves his Scyther into Scirzor and everyone praises it saying how they can't wait to download the smartphone app so they can be just like Goh.

Let me see if I can predict how the episode will come about.

Ash and Pokemon Go! now available on iPhone and Android, download today! will both go to meet Wilstrom. Farfetch'd spends the entire episode getting defeated by random trainers in the camp, while Goh's Scyther will be flying through flaming hoops while everyone applauds how strong and great it is. Eventually Wilstrom will change Ash to a battle between Farfetch'd and Aegislash since getting crushed into the ground in a one-sided fight is a great way to get stronger. Farfetch'd naturally jobs to Aegislash, then Wlstrom says something symbolic that doesn't actually mean anything. Meanwhile Goh evolves his Scyther into Scirzor and everyone praises it saying how they can't wait to download the smartphone app so they can be just like Goh.
The way I almost chocked on my juice lmaoooooo.

Like we saw when Riolu lost to Grapploct, and proceeded to witness Octillery and Tentacruel appear, I wonder if the trainers that will be appearing this episode are going to have sword-related, or blade/scythes, Pokemon, like Zangoose, or Bisharp, and maybe someone will have a random Kartana. Could be great for Farfetch’d to practice it’s technique, and should it lose some battles as it’s facing off against more experienced sword Pokemon, maybe Wilkstrom specifically challenges Ash cause it sees potential in Farfetch’d.
It’s fun to note that out of all of Ash’s Pokemon, the only ones that have been said to have great potential, from what I can remember, are Infernape and Greninja.

Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom