• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN056: Gampi of The Big Four! The Hall of Chivalry!!

Oh yeah, good point I forget the game mechanic. Nonetheless, now we can only wish if Goh can get a Mega Stone. That will be awesome.
I think if Goh got a mega-evolution before Ash, the internet would collapse and create a black-hole of hatred for Goh...

Imagine complaining about Farfetch'd getting development without it being rushed (aka what evolving it rn would have been).

.I have to say I'm not surprised at the reactions, though. It honestly feels that the only way Go wouldn't "steal the spotlight" is if he had disappeared entirely. Even in episodes where he gets such a minor role as this people find what to complain about just because his Scyther evolved in like the last 30 seconds of the episode LMAO.

So i guess Galarfetch'd doesn't have Brutal Swing in its arsenal anymore (Since it would be weird to delete Focus Energy from its arsenal only 5 episodes after he learned it, since that makes it pointless).
I mean, Pokemon have been shown to have more than four moves before. Some Pokemon in the past have forgotten moves to replace them with better techniques/stronger variants of the move - Infernape forgetting Flame Wheel for Flare Blitz. Farfetch’d still has Brutal Swing.

Ok, before subs, but firstly, while I had little issue with Gou in the episode (he sort of dragged the early obstacle course stuff, but otherwise was good) this easily could've been a Ash-only episode (sort of like how many feel about last week and Koharu). That being said, the Ash/Farfetch'd stuff looks really good, and I did like Wikstrom, though didn't like the trade evolution at the end (the evolving was fine, I just don't like trade evolutions in non-game media).

Imagine complaining about Farfetch'd getting development without it being rushed (aka what evolving it rn would have been).

.I have to say I'm not surprised at the reactions, though. It honestly feels that the only way Go wouldn't "steal the spotlight" is if he had disappeared entirely. Even in episodes where he gets such a minor role as this people find what to complain about just because his Scyther evolved in like the last 30 seconds of the episode LMAO.

Don't need to have Go disappear. Just let him take a backseat in what are supposed to be Ash focused episodes (He stole screentime in all of them, except Visquez and Bea 2).

The problem is this: People focus on the evolution, rather than the learned move (Especially if its one like Detect), which in my book is a bad thing if Ash is the focus of the episode.

This is why it feels Go is stealing screentime rather than have a dual focus episode (Which makes no sense in this episode since he isn't a battler anyways).

This is also the major gripe people have with Goh. He feels like the main protagonist and the creators pet, while Ash just feels like a travel companion and an afterthought (Just like Brock in D/P basically).

Don't need to have Go disappear. Just let him take a backseat in what are supposed to be Ash focused episodes (He stole screentime in all of them, except Visquez and Bea 2).

The problem is this: People focus on the evolution, rather than the learned move, which in my book is a bad thing if Ash is the focus of episode.
I can't honestly see how Go gets more focus on Ash's episode than Ash gets on Go's ones. Getting a 30 second Pokédex entry is not enough to push Go's role to the forefront at all.

I mean, Pokemon have been shown to have more than four moves before. Some Pokemon in the past have forgotten moves to replace them with better techniques/stronger variants of the move - Infernape forgetting Flame Wheel for Flare Blitz. Farfetch’d still has Brutal Swing.
Actually, Pokémon haven't really known more than four moves at a time since late Advanced Generation.

I’m glad Farfetch’d didn’t evolve. That just means there’s more room for development, as well as it having a chance to evolve against Rinto.

This series has had poor timings of evolutions, like Lucario and Cinderace being pawns for marketing just to hype up the Darkest Day arc. Lucario arguably should still be Riolu, cause fighting and training with Farfetch’d would have helped them both. Cause of it’s evolution, what has it done since? It’s made one major appearance in the Suicuine episode.
Imagine if Farfetch’d evolved here, it would have probably had one episode left to fight Rinto, and that’s it - sidelined for the rest of the series. The writers got this one right.

Well... one thing is confirmed with Galarfetch'd not evolving. Ash ain't getting Grookey.

Think about it now: They waited 20+ episodes to give Galarfetch'd its focus episode. Considering it still hasn't evolved and Dracovish needs focus as well, this means they need to juggle three focus Pokemon at the same time (Which this series won't do, since the PWC is an afterthought rather than the main course), one of which is a base stage of a three stage line (And a starter even) which means that Galarfetch'd and Dracovish get even less focus. It just seems more likely at this point that Goh is getting Grookey.

Well... one thing is confirmed with Galarfetch'd not evolving. Ash ain't getting Grookey.

Think about it now: They waited 20+ episodes to give Galarfetch'd its focus episode. Considering it still hasn't evolved and Dracovish needs focus as well, this means they need to juggle three focus Pokemon at the same time (Which this series won't do, since the PWC is an afterthought rather than the main course), one of which is a base stage of a three stage line (And a starter even) which means that Galarfetch'd and Dracovish get even less focus. It just seems more likely at this point that Goh is getting Grookey.
Obviously nothings been clarified yet, but I really don’t think Dracovish is a battling Pokemon under Ash. I feel like it’s like Mr.Mime - it’ll be there for comedic relief when shown.

So i guess Galarfetch'd doesn't have Brutal Swing in its arsenal anymore (Since it would be weird to delete Focus Energy from its arsenal only 5 episodes after he learned it, since that makes it pointless).
It still wouldn't be as bad as May's Glaceon replacing BOTH Iron Tail and Ice Beam off screen only 3 episodes after revealing it had learned those moves.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom