• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had a feeling that after the next episode’s title, after this one, was announced, Grookey wasn’t going to Ash. It seemed too good to be true for Ash to have back-to-back episodes focusing on his party.

Whilst we know nothing about Grookey’s personality, this series hasn’t really “broken trends” when it comes to starter characters - edgy Raboot which we all suspected, Sobble is literally how the game represents it to be, with Cinderace being over joyful of everything. Grookey is defiantly going to be a mischief persona, cause that’s what the game implies, and I’m assuming they want to follow trend with the starters.

I'm glad Grookey went to Goh.

Ash fans were disappointed when Suicune and then Grookey went to Goh.

I think they can give Ash a legendary pokemon to make up for it.

I'd rather Ash get a strong Psedou Legend or Legend than a starter.

I'm glad Grookey went to Goh.

Ash fans were disappointed when Suicune and then Grookey went to Goh.

I think they can give Ash a legendary pokemon to make up for it.

I'd rather Ash get a strong Psedou Legend or Legend than a starter.
Problem there is, if there’s one thing that this series has shown, it’s that the writers don’t really give a crap about Ash’s team or feel that they need to make up for anything that they do for Go. It should be painfully obvious that the writers gave Ash fully evolved Pokemon simply so they could be lazy and not have to give them focus, thus cutting the focus of Ash’s Pokémon to a minimum. Farfetch’d is pretty much the last one. Once he evolves, watch how quickly Ash’s team simply stagnates because the writers basically deem the development of Ash’s team finished for the series.

So long as Go is in the cast, the writers don’t feel that they need to really give Ash anything new since Go is basically a walking black hole of captures, never mind that most Pokémon that end up going to him are rendered moving background fodder. If you’re not Cinderace, you barely matter. Hell, even Sobble’s development has been superficial at best with it basically just existing as an extension of Go’s shoulder for 27 episodes before getting some development. And you just know the writers feel justified in their every decision despite Pokémon feeling probably some of their most shallow in the entirety of the series.

I hope he gets my fav starter in gen 9.
Also fun fact this is the first time he did not get my fav starter. Tbh he didnt get any.

Problem there is, if there’s one thing that this series has shown, it’s that the writers don’t really give a crap about Ash’s team or feel that they need to make up for anything that they do for Go. It should be painfully obvious that the writers gave Ash fully evolved Pokemon simply so they could be lazy and not have to give them focus, thus cutting the focus of Ash’s Pokémon to a minimum. Farfetch’d is pretty much the last one. Once he evolves, watch how quickly Ash’s team simply stagnates because the writers basically deem the development of Ash’s team finished for the series.

So long as Go is in the cast, the writers don’t feel that they need to really give Ash anything new since Go is basically a walking black hole of captures, never mind that most Pokémon that end up going to him are rendered moving background fodder. If you’re not Cinderace, you barely matter. Hell, even Sobble’s development has been superficial at best with it basically just existing as an extension of Go’s shoulder for 27 episodes before getting some development. And you just know the writers feel justified in their every decision despite Pokémon feeling probably some of their most shallow in the entirety of the series.
Nah

I think it would be cool if ash got one of the galar trio birds as his legendary based on what I've heard, but I don't know, I haven't watched the pokemon anime in years. the last time I saw anything like that is when I watched destiny deoxys on my birthday of Dec. 26.

Here’s hoping Ash and Gary have an actual fight - no 2v2, an actual full battle. The only way that would be possibly if Grookey didn’t go to Ash, cause I don’t see Dracovish being an actual battler, but this might prove me wrong in that regard.
So, there’s at least hope for Dracovish’s status in upcoming episodes, since Grookey won’t be taking away from it.

At this point it seems like denial...

I’m indifferent to who gets Grookey at this point.
I’d be more indifferent if it weren’t for the fact that they gave 2/3 of the starters to the guy who is least likely to show them off in interesting ways. It honestly boggles the mind even looking at it from a marketing standpoint. After all, which would you expect to give more visually interesting things to do with the mascots, the one who battles and makes use of unorthodox strategies or the guy who mostly just throws a ball to capture Pokémon, isn’t interested in battle and with whom the Pokémon’s existence is just sitting there existing? Doesn’t help that they then brought in the fully evolved form of one and showed what great battle potential it had but will never be fulfilled. It really just further stems from the fact that the writers role for Go starts and ends with Pokémon capture but without anything interesting for him to do with said Pokémon.

Weird that Satoshi doesnt get a starter, but there is a first for everything
It doesn't feel right at all honestly, and given how little Sobble gets to do, I'm sure Grookey will end up in a similar position under Goh. This is just another thing that seriously disappoints me about this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom