• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you first start playing Pokémon Sword or Shield, it is Leon that gives you your starter Pokémon. I'm not quite sure, but I think that he caught Grookey specifically for Ash, and if that's the case, he'll tell him that once Grookey evolves into Thwackey, and then Rillaboom, it will be capable of Gigantimaxing.
Would be cool, especially considering Leon hasn’t really been developed that much IMO, but I would rather expect that for Hop.

Its so funny that people are still in denial, while all the evidence is there (Pictures and the summary).
I think what’s funny is that people love to complain about how clickbaity and misleading promos are and then swear they know exactly what is going to happen before an episode airs based on...promos.

I think it’s likely Goh is getting Grookey, yes. But saying that others are “in denial” is a bit much.

Really my only hope on us not entirely knowing the outcome to this is, it raises the question of why they went out of their way to do the Grookey scene in the opening where it jumps between Go and Ash before bouncing off both this generating the question of who it was going to only to be so blatant with the episode picture focusing on Go. Perhaps it could be a red herring and Grookey is a recurring Pokémon not caught here and ends up bonding with both so we don’t know who gets it in the end.

Really my only hope on us not entirely knowing the outcome to this is, it raises the question of why they went out of their way to do the Grookey scene in the opening where it jumps between Go and Ash before bouncing off both this generating the question of who it was going to only to be so blatant with the episode picture focusing on Go. Perhaps it could be a red herring and Grookey is a recurring Pokémon not caught here and ends up bonding with both so we don’t know who gets it in the end.
This is low key what I'm hoping for, simply because I miss having more recurring Pokémon.

Yeah. If they don't go the reconcile monkey and trainer route.
Having it appear sporadically could open the way to some interesting scenarios.

Being a recurring character is better than joining the oblivion-zone/main cast.

Didn't Grookey also show up in an ending dancing alongside Ash's Riolu and his Lycanroc?

When is the cast list? Also it is really inconvinient that Ash's Rotom Phone has the same voice as the narrator since we can't know if he is catch stuff or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom