• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN062: Damp Jimereon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goh on the other hand, somehow didn't know about Drizzile despite doing research on all Pokémon? Goh. You're trying to catch every Pokémon aren't you? How can you do that when you don't even know basic stuff like the Evolutionary Line to one of your own Pokémon?!
Who said that Gou didn't know? :unsure:

Summary and short VA list courtesy of Adamant

Messon gets really let down when it and sees it has become a Jimereon, since it thought it had evolved into the Inteleon it admires so much. As a result, it secludes itself in a cave, estranging itself even from Go...?

Summary:
Go's Messon, which greatly admires Inteleon, has been practicing out-boxing style fighting. And believe it or not, after it saves an unattended Nazonokusa that got into trouble, it evolves into a Jimereon! However, since it thought it had managed to evolve into an Inteleon, it gets really let down when it looks at its reflection in the water and sees it has become a Jimereon. As a result, it secludes itself in a cave, estranging itself even from Go...?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi

Tbh It never mentions that Goh doesn't know Drizzile. And even if Sobble doesn't know he's a starter he is really smol compared to Inteleon.
To be fair Toxel is also really small compared to Toxtricity and yet Toxtricity is still the Evolution to Toxel

Who said that Gou didn't know? :unsure:
Then wouldn't Goh just be able to tell Drizzile that it's just a middle stage and that it still has a chance to evolve to an Inteleon?

To be fair Toxel is also really small compared to Toxtricity and yet Toxtricity is still the Evolution to Toxel
0.4 1.6
0.3 1.9
Then wouldn't Goh just be able to tell Drizzile that it's just a middle stage and that it still has a chance to evolve to an Inteleon?
Sobble knows that it will be Inteleon. It is just dissapointed it didn't become one immidently

0.4 1.6
0.3 1.9

Sobble knows that it will be Inteleon. It is just dissapointed it didn't become one immidently
Toxel's Height - 1'04
Toxtricity's Height - 5'03

That's even less believable than Scorbunny Evolving directly into Cinderace

Also no. The summary heavily implies that Sobble didn't know about Drizzile's existence. It literally says that "It thought it managed to become an Inteleon before it saw it's reflection"

Sobble you are a starter. Of course you are gonna have a mid stage. This is stupid. At least Raboot had a reason to be edgy this is just bullshit.

Not only does Sobble not know that it's a starter, it wouldn't know what a Drizzle is if it never saw one before. I don't think that the premise is stupid. If Sobble was set to evolve into an Inteleon, thought it would and then found out that it wasn't, the notion that it would be disappointed/sad sounds believable to me. I think it at least sounds interesting and it also doesn't really sound like they're just repeating Raboot with Drizzle either.

Let's not forget Joltik, who is four inches tall (small enough to fit in the palm of a human hand), evolving into Galvantula, which is 2'07", the same size as Jolteon (or, for reference, roughly as big as a medium-sized dog). Evolved forms being disproportionately large compared to their pre-evolutions is not an unheard of occurrence, so it's not like Sobble thinking it'd evolve into Inteleon directly is that unrealistic of an assumption.

Last edited:
Sadly this episode's appeal has gone down for me, Sobble evolving, good, estranging itself from Goh, we saw this with Raboot and Goh was clueless to why

Are we getting a repeat of that here

Sadly this episode's appeal has gone down for me, Sobble evolving, good, estranging itself from Goh, we saw this with Raboot and Goh was clueless to why

Are we getting a repeat of that here
This is a completely different situation from Raboot tho

Raboot estranged himself from Goh because he was mad at him. Also he was Edgy

Drizzile's problem has nothing to do with Goh. He's sad and he's estranging himself from Goh because of his appearance

Drizzile's problem has nothing to do with Goh. He's estranging himself from Goh because of his appearance

Hm, do you think we'll get a good message, like not judging yourself by appearance and loving yourself for who you are? I know it's cliche, but this is as important as not judging others from appearance-you have to love yourself too. And maybe self-acceptance.

Hm, do you think we'll get a good message, like not judging yourself by appearance and loving yourself for who you are? I know it's cliche, but this is as important as not judging others from appearance-you have to love yourself too. And maybe self-acceptance.
That would be awesome I Hope this happens

Is it weird that I actually think this plot point is kind of interesting? Yeah, maybe it doesn't make total sense, but a lot of Journeys' plots haven't anyway. I think it's kind of unique to have a Pokémon that evolves and is disappointed because it's not what it was expecting. Even if Sobble did see the sequence of evolution, I think of it almost like a little kid: it didn't get what it wanted right away, so it's disappointed.

I'm also glad to see Sobble actually has a reason for shutting out Goh, it's not just about being rebellious, and that it likely won't be permanent. A total repeat of the awful Raboot situation would've honestly been unforgivable.

At least Raboot had a reason to be edgy this is just bullshit.

So serious question, especially after stating my feelings on the episode's plot: what reason did Raboot have to be edgy? Because I found the whole thing to be quite obnoxious, especially when there didn't seem to be any kind of major event to cause it. So, I'd love to know what you think it's reason was, because I genuinely cannot pinpoint why it ever behaved that way.

So serious question, especially after stating my feelings on the episode's plot: what reason did Raboot have to be edgy? Because I found the whole thing to be quite obnoxious, especially when there didn't seem to be any kind of major event to cause it. So, I'd love to know what you think it's reason was, because I genuinely cannot pinpoint why it ever behaved that way.
An old woman Ash and Goh met once said it was just going through a rebellious phase. It basically was a teenager phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom