• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Goh threw a Pokeball at Iris then 100% she has some Pokémon in her hair and he checked it with the Pokedex. So it's either Axew or Emolga.

Actually, isn't Emolga Iris's second pokemon? The only pokemon Iris was revealed to have on her when she was implied to make a return was Dragonite and Emolga, and there isn't really anything that says Iris will use just dragon types in her battle with Ash since they're doing it for the PWC.

Hmmm...on one hand, that could be Iris' Axew. On the other hand, I find it suspicious they didn't show her other Pokemon...

Either way, they got cards they aren't showing :unsure:

I’m suspicious of that Axew in the preview - they didn’t show it with Iris or Pikachu and we still don’t know the other Pokémon she is using in the Dragon battle.

The more I think about what we know about this episode, the more I’m worried that it might be pretty rushed.

• The episode supposedly starts with Ash receiving a letter from Iris, probably meaning that the episode starts at the Sakuragi Institute.

• They show Ash and Goh arriving to Opelucid City by airplane.

• Goh seems to meet Iris the same way Ash did.

• There’s a mysterious Axew, either Iris’s or a wild one.

• There’s also a flashback to BW Ash, Iris, and Cilan at some point in the episode.

• They need to introduce and explain Iris’s B2W2 outfit.

• The summary mentions that Iris reads Ash’s Dragonite’s feelings. This could happen either during the battle, or before the battle if Ash decides to reveal he has a Dragonite.

• It’s still not clear if Drayden is in this episode. If he is, they would need to briefly need to introduce him.

• There’s a whole 2v2 battle that needs to begin and reach a conclusion.

I don’t know, it just seems like a lot to fit into 22 minutes. I know this will be a great and fun episode, but it could definitely benefit from being a two parter, just like the Alola episode.

I don’t know, it just seems like a lot to fit into 22 minutes. I know this will be a great and fun episode, but it could definitely benefit from being a two parter, just like the Alola episode.
Some of the things you mentioned won't likely take longer than a minute or so. I trust they can fit everything into the episode nicely.

Some of the things you mentioned won't likely take longer than a minute or so. I trust they can fit everything into the episode nicely.
Even if they don't take too long, there's still the concern that there's a LOT to be covered in a singular episode, like Ash and Goh arriving at Unova, Goh meeting Iris, we will have her and Ash telling Goh of their adventures together with flashbacks and possible mentions of Cilan and some of the others and what they are up to now, explaining the new outfit and where Iris is now, the battle itself, Iris talking with/about Ash's Dragonite, possible evolutions for her team, it's a lot.

This is the type of stuff that needs at least a 2-parter. But unfortunately JN is allergic when it comes to those, so... uh I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Ash telling Goh of their adventures together with flashbacks and possible mentions of Cilan
I think that flashback won't be longer than the one shot we've already seen in magazine scans.
How can you remain so perpetually optimistic?
I'm just curious.
I just don't like dwelling on bad things and like to move on from them.

Actually, isn't Emolga Iris's second pokemon? The only pokemon Iris was revealed to have on her when she was implied to make a return was Dragonite and Emolga, and there isn't really anything that says Iris will use just dragon types in her battle with Ash since they're doing it for the PWC.
The fact that they’ve basically advertised this as a dragon battle and Iris has multiple dragons, I highly doubt her second Pokémon is Emolga. She will be appearing as the screenshots showed, but won’t be in the battle.

The fact that they’ve basically advertised this as a dragon battle and Iris has multiple dragons, I highly doubt her second Pokémon is Emolga. She will be appearing as the screenshots showed, but won’t be in the battle.
Besides, hyping up this battle and this second pokemon so much only to end with freaking Emolga would be incredibly anticlimatic.

Uh, “multiple dragons”? She has had exactly, what, 3 so far? Ash has caught more dragon-type Pokémon than her. In fact, at this point, he is only two dragon-types away from boasting an entire team of them

Uh, “multiple dragons”? She has had exactly, what, 3 so far? Ash has caught more dragon-type Pokémon than her. In fact, at this point, he is only two dragon-types away from boasting an entire team of them
Last I checked, by definition, anything more than 1 is multiple and it’s a 2 on 2 battle, so yea, with 3 dragons, she has options other than her non-dragon Pokémon. How many dragons Ash has compared to her is irrelevant to what their set battle is.

3 is still multiple and the battle is 2 on 2 so your point is rather moot.

Also, if Iris were to use a non-dragon Pokemon for some reason, it would make a lot more sense to use Excadrill instead of Emolga, since the former is Iris's actual "starter Pokemon", has a much deeper connection to her character arc, is a much more powerful battler (and actually likes to battle unlike Emolga who is quite lazy), and his Japanese name has the word "ryu" in it which in a punny sort of way gives Excadrill a connection to dragons in similar vein to Ampharos. In other words, Emolga would be a baffling choice no matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom