• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN065: Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be somewhat fitting.
For a good chunk of BW we complained that Iris had it too easy...yet Goh has been SO much worse. o_O

I think we owe her an apology or two. :(
Iris: You ass-hats owe me several...

I really don't see Goh being worse than Iris. While I think that the hate towards Iris did get excessive back during BW, I also pretty much still stand by my opinions on her character during that series.

I really don't see Goh being worse than Iris. While I think that the hate towards Iris did get excessive back during BW, I also pretty much still stand by my opinions on her character during that series.
Both Iris and Goh were done dirty by the writers, but I would say Iris has it dirtier, considering how zero impact she had on the series. Goh, at least, isn't teased to getting certain pokemon and then doesn't get it and has co-protagonist status. So in terms of who got ripped off more, Iris wins just by a margin.

we never really realize what we have until its too late huh?? at least she didnt hog screen time and take away from ashs adventure. though as someone who liked iris before the huge iris love wave a few weeks ago i feel like what she didnt do in terms of moving the story she did better in being a character and a friend in the unova gang. if you look at her past where she had a tough time making friends and was really reserved to both ash and cilan when they all met...... seeing her open up to the two and learning what having real friends means with ash and cilan is damn wholesome. but im rambling now I MISS IRIS LET ME SEE HER NOW

regardless im sure we're all looking forward to seeing iris again :,D im really excited to see what shes been up to between xy and now....... she looks likes shes made lots of progress as a pokemon trainer and she appears to maybe be a gym leader now?? i love ash but im gonna be cheering for our girl here!!

writers DO NOT do her dirty again let her have a moment

Both Iris and Goh were done dirty by the writers, but I would say Iris has it dirtier, considering how zero impact she had on the series. Goh, at least, isn't teased to getting certain pokemon and then doesn't get it and has co-protagonist status. So in terms of who got ripped off more, Iris wins just by a margin.

Personally, I don't think that Goh was done dirty by the writers. There are valid issues with how he has been handled, but in my opinion, the excessive hate far outnumbers the valid criticism. To be fair, I think the same could have been said for Iris back during the peak of BW hate and I say this as someone who still dislikes Iris a lot. I don't think it's a matter of being ripped off exactly. Or at least I wouldn't use that term since it just sounds a bit confusing to use it in regards to how characters were written. I think that Iris was definitely handled more poorly, but it's also a bit unfair to make that comparison when Journeys isn't finished yet. Despite how a lot of people are probably already set on how they feel about Goh, the series is still on-going, so there is a possibility that opinions on him can change depending on where his story goes.

For Go it’s the opposite, his development comes at the cost of the other co-protagonist, from what I have observed.

I expect Iris to have some team changes - I really want all 5 of her known Pokémon to make an appearance, and her not appearing with Axew in previews or promotional material is suspicious as hell... They can easily have her with Gabite too (since Gible will hopefully appear at Oak’s lab)

Better that the staff won't do the same with Hikari or Citron, they both deserve time with Satoshi.
Without the interference of a third wheel.
I'll be real pissed if Gou butts in then and there.

Gabite is a good choice for Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom