• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? We haven't even seen a single screenshot of it yet.
Because young kids who watch this are easily impressionable and this episode may harm them later in life.
Maybe they can save this episode by having James and Meowth realize that they were wrong to miss Morpeko and regret bringing it back, but this is Journeys so I don't expect it.

I hope that Bewear turns the little shit into honey if there's ever another Alola episode.

Because young kids who watch this are easily impressionable and this episode may harm them later in life.
Maybe they can save this episode by having James and Meowth realize that they were wrong to miss Morpeko and regret bringing it back, but this is Journeys so I don't expect it.

I hope that Bewear turns the little shit into honey if there's ever another Alola episode.
We don't even know the full plot of the episode yet. And I doubt that kind of behavior would even warrant a ban.

We don't even know the full plot of the episode yet. And I doubt that kind of behavior would even warrant a ban.
It wouldn't, but it should.

IMO, bad lessons in shows aimed at younger audiences should be in the highest priority in censorship, even more so than violence and alcohol and the other nonsense censors are focusing on instead.

I sincerely doubt any children are going to take this non-existant "message" to heart. I think people are treating this gag far too seriously.
I'm not talking about the gag itself, I'm talking about this Episode's summary.
The gag itself is mean-spirited, but it's not really harmful. This episode, though... If it actually ends with Team Rocket embracing Morpeko and letting it abuse them all they want, it could actually cause harm to children who may learn that it's okay to stay in abusive relationships. Still hoping that this Episode ends on a more positive note, though, but I don't have high expectations in regards to this seeing how much the writers seem to fetishize Team Rocket starving to death.

And yes, kids do take lessons to heart from shows they watch, especially at young ages, even if only subconciously.

Maybe they understand that Morpeko can't control itself when it is hungry. And when it is full, it looks very cute and innocent.
That feels seriously messed up though. If Morpeko was actually kind and friendly to Team Rocket while on full belly mode maybe it'd be easier to let slide, but Morpeko has yet to do anything remotely nice to the TRio beyond just not eating their food on the rare occasions it's not hungry, which feels pretty below the bare minimum of basic common decency. So with that in mind, it comes across as saying that it's okay to let those who are conventionally cute/pretty get away with horrible actions just by virtue of being conventionally cute/pretty.

Granted, we might be missing a lot of context that we don't have simply because the episode has yet to air, so with any luck Morpeko will get some development here and Team Rocket getting to form a bond with it will actually have some substance to it beyond just "running gag status quo"

I feel like it’s important to understand perspective when comparing actual adult concepts of Stockholm syndrome and abusive relationships to a cartoon hamster eating all the villains’ food. I think some are taking this way too far.
Fair enough, but it doesn't make James and Meowth missing Morpeko any less baffling. And why those two specifically? Will Musashi be the villain in this episode?

Fair enough, but it doesn't make James and Meowth missing Morpeko any less baffling. And why those two specifically? Will Musashi be the villain in this episode?
Again, I feel like this will be explained in the episode. I see no reason to assume that it would just happen out of the blue. I also don’t think it makes sense to label Jessie as the villain when so many people also think that getting rid of Morpeko is what’s best for them anyway.

I also don’t think it makes sense to label Jessie as the villain when so many people also think that getting rid of Morpeko is what’s best for them anyway.
I don’t think anyone wants Jessie to be villain in this episode, the main worry is the way the summary is worded.
but even though Kojiro and Nyarth approved of Musashi's plan, they start missing it more and more...
It’s the way they specifically say James and Meowth. Maybe Jessie will come to miss it too, she’s just the last one to do so, but it’s the way they intentionally single out James and Meowth as being passive in this and Jessie being the one to push releasing Morpeko. That’s what’s worrying people. Jessie has had a really long history of being written in a way that flanderizes her into a complete b*tch, heck it was not that long ago we got the Jessie vs James episode, which a lot of people expressed distaste at how James and especially Jessie were portrayed so it’s absolutely understandable people would be concerned especially with how Morpeko’s been up til now.

I don’t think anyone wants Jessie to be villain in this episode, the main worry is the way the summary is worded.

It’s the way they specifically say James and Meowth. Maybe Jessie will come to miss it too, she’s just the last one to do so, but it’s the way they intentionally single out James and Meowth as being passive in this and Jessie being the one to push releasing Morpeko. That’s what’s worrying people. Jessie has had a really long history of being written in a way that flanderizes her into a complete b*tch, heck it was not that long ago we got the Jessie vs James episode, which a lot of people expressed distaste at how James and especially Jessie were portrayed so it’s absolutely understandable people would be concerned especially with how Morpeko’s been up til now.
Oh, I wasn’t saying anyone wanted her to be the villain, just that that seems like how people are already labeling her. Disagreeing with James and Meowth doesn’t automatically make her a villain. I love Jessie, she’s my favorite character by far; her “bitchiness” is actually part of the reason I like her.
To be fair I think people are just joking.
At least one user isn’t, or at least nothing about their posts seems to suggest they are.

I mean, before reaching conclusions based off a translated summary...why don’t we watch the episode in question before assuming the writers are purposely trying to negatively characterize a beloved character?

Also, seeing as how the preview specifically mentions that Morpeko devoured Jessie’s food, it’s understandable at this time she is the least likely to reverse her decision on its departure in comparison to James and Meowth.

I mean, before reaching conclusions based off a translated summary...why don’t we watch the episode in question before assuming the writers are purposely trying to negatively characterize a beloved character?

Also, seeing as how the preview specifically mentions that Morpeko devoured Jessie’s food, it’s understandable at this time she is the least likely to reverse her decision on its departure in comparison to James and Meowth.
Fair enough. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Anyway, I wonder what role the "twerps" are going to play since the premise doesn't seem to involve them in any way. Maybe Goh will try to catch Morpeko, but now I'm uncertain...

In theory I agree with you but... in reality I have lived through everything from Bad to the Bone to Musashi vs Kojiro at the Alola League as a TRio fan and it is infuriating.

It might seem obvious in this forum that Musashi is not a bitch and the boys are not fluffy clouds of candy floss, but most casual fans still generally remember and are influenced by pivotal moments such as Musashi being utterly vile to Kojiro in the Chirean release episode, and these negative connotations stick like hell. The crucial thing is that most of these awful moments were written by ONE writer which why would you know this unless you are a hardcore committed Rocket fan?! :p

So yeah it is too early to be losing all hope and dying in a ditch, but if we have another scenario in which narratively Musashi is made to look like the bad guy out of the TRio (even though we all agree she is bang on the money for wanting Morpeko gone!) it will hurt me like hell without a little of this psychological pre-preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom