• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN074: Darkrai - A Midsummer Night's Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the cast list. Which should be here within minutes...
Sorry to disappoint you but its incomplete once more

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go suspect that Darkrai might be the one causing people to be unable to sleep due to nightmares. As they head off to investigate, Koharu and Satoshi's former travelmates Hikari and Pochama end up...

Summary:
Satoshi and Go learn that people in the Sinnoh region are unable to sleep due to nightmares, so they head there to research whether or not this is the work of Darkrai, a Pokémon with the ability to give others nightmares, but...?! Meanwhile Koharu has gone to the Sinnoh region on her own, and believe it or not, she encounters Satoshi's former travelmates Hikari and Pochama there!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi

Of course the cast list is incomplete when we're hyped. AGAIN! (they did this with the Iris episode to)...:(

From what is shown in the trailer, Cresselia will be injured and the gang will believe it's Darkrai's fault, but it sure was Team Rocket or something else, but even if it was Darkrai in the end he and Cresselia will work together to stop Team Rocket's plans. Team Rocket being the villain is to be expected, as Team Galactic is disbanded and they're the main villains of the anime after all.

But honestly I would like Darkrai to be the main villain of the episode, a true evil entity that has to be defeated (though not destroyed of course) without having a change of heart at the end. It's confirmed that there's more than one Darkrai, so knowing one that is truly evil doesn't change the fact that there're also good ones out there, I think that has been done so far only in the Mystery Dungeon games, though Darkrai lost his memory in the end. Sure, this won't happen, it's just me imagining things :LOL:, I just think that it would be more interesting than seeing Matori Matrix again.

About Dawn, it will be interesting to know how she has done in the contests, she appears in a scene with a star outfit and a Poké Ball with a seal, it could be a flashback, but most likely the episode ends with the gang watching Dawn in a contest since she was probably inspired by their time with Cresselia to choose that attire, it would be a weird coincidence that an outfit that she used in the past coincidentally combines with the events of the present.

I still can't believe that they couldn't be bothered to resurrect the old Jenny design. Why do it for Joy but not Jenny?
I guess the canon now is that there was a major upgrade of the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh police uniforms while Ash was in Kalos or Alola. Then maybe Officer Jenny from the Orange archipelago currently use a lighter blue version of the new uniform design. But yes, it's strange that they kept Nurse Joy's old design (minus the hat), but didn't for Jenny.

As long as they don't reuse the Best wishes look for Jenny, then I'm all good. I never liked the color of her uniform in that series.

As long as they don't reuse the Best wishes look for Jenny, then I'm all good. I never liked the color of her uniform in that series.
Unless we ever see a Jenny in Unova they probably won’t considering that regions beyond the original 4 were when Jenny started to look different. I’d love to see a Galar take though.

From Pokemon Fan, courtesy of Dephender:

1626485924376.png

THE GREAT CHASE FOR the MYTHICAL Pokémon DARKRAI and the LEGENDARY Pokémon CRESSELIA!

After arriving in the Sinnoh region, Satoshi and the others encounter two Pokémon that almost never appear! Look forward to seeing what kind of tale we're going to tell about Darkrai, which gives people nightmares, and Cresselia, which gives people good dreams!

DARKRAI:
Pitch-Black Pokémon, Dark type
A Mythical Pokémon said to appear on moonless nights. Is it connected to the mysterious nightmares that are tormenting the people of the Sinnoh region...?

CRESSELIA:
Crescent Moon Pokémon, Psychic type
A legendary Pokémon also known as the "Incarnation of the Crescent Moon". Is it being chased by someone...?

Hikari: A girl that once went on an adventure with Satoshi. Pochama is her partner.

"Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream" and "Cresselia's Midsummer Night's Light" are set to air July 23rd and 30th!
* Airdate and -time may vary depending on region. A different episode may air instead.

i saw the preview sub and looks like ash and goh went to check the nightmare problem while koharu went to sinnoh due canceled vacation but i curious why using canceled vacation on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom