• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN078: The Targeted Sakuragi Institute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After it evolved, it became the stereotyped Lucario that plagues the anime.
I wouldn't exactly say that. I'd say that Ash's Lucario more so TRIES to be the stereotypical Lucario than anything else, but fails in that aspect because of its immaturity. You can clearly see in the Lucario and Cinderace episode that Lucario TRIES hard to keep his cool, but ultimately fails and loses his temper.

I wouldn't exactly say that. I'd say that Ash's Lucario more so TRIES to be the stereotypical Lucario than anything else, but fails in that aspect because of its immaturity. You can clearly see in the Lucario and Cinderace episode that Lucario TRIES hard to keep his cool, but ultimately fails and loses his temper.
If only they tried harder (and better!) to showcase their personalities...

If it tried to be different, like Kotetsu's, them I wouldn't hate it that much.

It's the only of all Satoshi's Pokemon that I really want gone.

Each of Ash's Pokémon has a distinctive and established personality.
They're just quirky, beneath that nothing.

If the writers would attempt to explore their traits and expand those characterizations....
But alas, they do the bare minimum.

At least they're better than Gou's Pokemon.

Each of Ash's Pokémon has a distinctive and established personality.
The issue isn't that they don't HAVE personalities, but rather that it isn't showcased in a meaningful way. For instance, the Hikachu episode was a great example of showcasing the pokemon. Lucario and Cinderace both showed off their unique dynamic in that episode, and how it differed from Ash and Goh's instead of just being a carbon copy of their relationship.

Like, why have we not gotten an episode dedicated to Dragonite's loving personality? Or one surrounding Gengar's mischievous one? Hell, what about Goh's lab pokemon? The last time they showed themselves off was in JN023!

I wouldn't say that was "clingy" though, 25, 27, 30 were all simply cases of him wanting to prove himself via training/battle.

The issue isn't that they don't HAVE personalities, but rather that it isn't showcased in a meaningful way. For instance, the Hikachu episode was a great example of showcasing the pokemon. Lucario and Cinderace both showed off their unique dynamic in that episode, and how it differed from Ash and Goh's instead of just being a carbon copy of their relationship.

Like, why have we not gotten an episode dedicated to Dragonite's loving personality? Or one surrounding Gengar's mischievous one? Hell, what about Goh's lab pokemon? The last time they showed themselves off was in JN023!
Though I do wish we had gotten a Dragonite episode, I will say, one of the things I like most about Dragonite....is he didn't need one. We get to see Dragonite's personality show itself in multiple appearances, in multiple ways...before the staff seemingly decided on how they wanted to allocate screentime. In 14, we get to see how competitive it could be (perhaps via Ash) with him wanting to beat Gou's Beedrill via racing. In episode 23, we get to see how he handles conflict (and possible change/ exception to that) wanting to keep Ash, Gou, Pikachu, and Riolu away from the conflict, to let the parties figure itself out, but later on, after that didn't work, to confront, help the Pokemon solve the Golurk dilemma. That was a good way, I feel to show Dragonite off without having to "allocate" an episode to it, and I liked that approach.

Well since everything about this episode has been spoiled from head to toe by now, take these manga panels of a Lizard about to punch another Lizard in the face

Maybe some poor artist out there can use these as references for dynamic action poses or something.
IMG_20210816_221815.jpg
IMG_20210816_221821.jpg
IMG_20210816_221825.jpg

That last panel could make for some potentially amusing edits lol

Last edited:
Well since everything about this episode has been spoiled from head to toe by now, take these leaked manga panels of a Lizard about to punch another Lizard in the face

Maybe some poor artist out there can use these as references for dynamic action poses or something.
View attachment 149094View attachment 149095View attachment 149096

These shots look pretty cool, gets me a bit more excited for the episode itself.

Well since everything about this episode has been spoiled from head to toe by now, take these leaked manga panels of a Lizard about to punch another Lizard in the face

View attachment 149094View attachment 149095View attachment 149096

These shots look pretty cool, gets me a bit more excited for the episode itself.
I agree with Max! Inteleon's debut episode was disappointing for me action-wise, and Snipe Shot looked like a Water Gun (not even the pose from the game's animation). But if these images are anything to go by, it seems Go's Inteleon will be quite animated when dealing with Kecleon, which I will greatly appreciate. Maybe we might even see the famed secret blade Inteleon allegedly keep in their tails. I'm super excited~

Also, the manga is often better at action than the anime (a benefit of not being animated), so there's no guarantee it'll look half as good.
That only exposes this series' poor animation quality. Not surprisingly.

Most of the time an adaptation improves those scenes with fluid movements and amazing effects.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

When important Pokémon data disappears from the lab, Satoshi and Go look into why this happened. Meanwhile, Jimereon spots a suspicious object in the lab while practicing its Water Gun...

Summary:
The Pokémon data Satoshi and Go has gathered as research fellows so far has disappeared from the laboratory computer! Go tries searching for the culprit via the evidence that someone accessed the computer's main data. And that night, Jimereon spots a suspicious object floating around in the lab while outside practicing its Water Gun.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Nidoran M
Yuji Ueda: Kunugidama
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Hihidaruma
Risa Shimizu: Kakureon
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Motoki Takagi: Yabashi
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Fine, they managed to recapture my attention.

Only because I like Takagi-san, that's it.

Not skipping, I'll watch this.

You know, I really wonder if the writers really resented the fact Gamefreak gave Sobble and Drizzile fixed personalities?

Both Sobble and Drizzile are pretty anti social and introverted.

The Anime makes it pretty clear that they have no idea how to write Shy, Socially Akward, and Timid Characters. Just look at how Erika, Bianca, and Lana were changed from their Game counterparts

I swear it feels as tho any Shy, Timid, or Socially Akward character from the games got their personalities changed in the Anime.

But because Journeys is so heavily following the Pokedex's entrees they have no choice but to make Sobble and Drizzile close to their game counterparts rather than just changing their whole characters entirely.

Notice how despite not battling, Grookey has shown a lot more activity and interaction with other people/pokemon than Sobble has?

Isn't that offensive to socially awkward people?

That they won't find representation and if there is one, it'd be sidelined and badly written.

Isn't that offensive to socially awkward people?

That they won't find representation and if there is one, it'd be sidelined and badly written.
Just look at Goh for instance.

He is allegedly supposed to be socially akward but they immediately dropped that angle and just made a 2nd Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom