• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that after this episode we're probably not gonna see Lucario for like 10 episodes, Mega Evolution or not

I just realized that after this episode we're probably not gonna see Lucario for like 10 episodes, Mega Evolution or not
I have a feeling it'll appear in Ash's inevitable second rematch with Bea, which could easily happen within 10 episodes of this episode.

I won't say anything about Saito, my hate towards her doesn't allow me to be objective.
Except that I wouldn't mind if the writers drop her.

I'd rather see someone different as Satoshi's rival.
Let's see if Kibana ends up acknowledging him when he returns.

Are you by any chance familiar with a little show called "Pokemon: Journeys"?
Their rivalry has been firmly established. I'm sure they'll deliver. Pokémon Journeys is full of continuity.
Journeys, where they create hype and end up delivering disappointment.

While I don't care at all about Lucario, I hope that it won't be the only one of Satoshi's Pokemon to Mega Evolve.
The worst thing that plagues this anime, as a whole, is some especies' overexposure.

Their rivalry has been firmly established. I'm sure they'll deliver. Pokémon Journeys is full of continuity.
What I'm trying to say is that I don't expect a non-filler episode in the next 10 episodes, Journeys may have continuity but it's spread out between a Magneton of filler.

If Lucario gets the ability to Mega Evolve, let's hope that it will not lose control of its Mega Evolved state as did Korrina's Lucario in the X and Y series before it is mastered.
Of course that won’t happen. Something like that would require them dedicating time for a development arc as Ash and Lucario work to control this new form and we can’t have that in Journeys now can we? Otherwise the kids will have a hard time following due to it extending beyond just a single episode. Of course they could always take the route of resolving it offscreen while telling us that they’ve been working hard to master it maybe even giving us a couple of still shots if they really want to give us a treat.

I have thought that Gengar had declined the offer and chance from Ash to Mega Evolve into Mega Gengar for the first time. That's all.

Can't wait for Ash to Mega Evolve Pikachu into Gorochu, turn it into Fat Gorochu, before unleashing 10 Trillion Volt Thunderbolt that still bounces off Leon's unbeatable invincible charizard.

E_THX68UUAIuF_0

6 years and Ash FINALLY gets his long overdue Keystone and Mega Stone for Lucario via Lucarionite (though he has to look for the ladder in this upcoming episode). To the most appropriate place for his keystone to be WOULD be the roof of his cap in either the right or left edges.

Can't wait for Ash to Mega Evolve Pikachu into Gorochu, turn it into Fat Gorochu, before unleashing 10 Trillion Volt Thunderbolt that still bounces off Leon's unbeatable invincible charizard.

E_THX68UUAIuF_0
Well, Ash already has the Z-Power Ring, the Dynamax Band and the Key Stone is missing which he did not get in Kalos in the shows of Pokemon XY to do time.

Of course that won’t happen. Something like that would require them dedicating time for a development arc as Ash and Lucario work to control this new form and we can’t have that in Journeys now can we? Otherwise the kids will have a hard time following due to it extending beyond just a single episode. Of course they could always take the route of resolving it offscreen while telling us that they’ve been working hard to master it maybe even giving us a couple of still shots if they really want to
I’d rather they not repeat the same type of disobedient arc they did with Korrina’s Lucario when it Mega evolved as it’d be too repetitive, and not every Pokémon reacts to Mega evolution the same way. We’ll probably get some arc for Lucario in some form, but seeing something like they did with Korrina’s going out of control is not something I need to see repeated here.

This might be slightly off-topic, but I think Gengar is either gonna get a Gengarite or it's gonna Gigantamax. I don't see them doing both, even tho the species is capable.

(Well, Pika had both a Z-Move and a Gigantamax form, but I honestly don't see Gengar getting that lucky tbh.)
Gengar getting a 10 second cameo in any episode is getting lucky, tbh, let alone a gimmick. It’s a weird twist of faith that Gengar was caught because it got abandoned, and now it’s the most abandoned Pokémon belonging to Ash that probably exists.
Still, Galar is old news by now. DP remakes is the new trend.
Galar is literally the VGC game's region.
firmly established
*citation needed
I get what you’re saying, but the way this rivalry has been handled reflects "firmly established" as an extreme sugarcoating, and quite frankly, offensive when compared to actual established rivalries in other series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom