• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN086: Mega Evolution VS Kyodaimax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just hoping that when Ash wins that his rank doesn’t go up too much especially since this is only the second battle of the Hyper class and his previous one jumped him up over 30 ranks. He can’t afford to have huge leaps anymore.

How will you feel if Saitou wins again?
If saitou wins, then there is no use of giving a tie match in the 2nd bea ash match. This is a match which Ash will win, which suggest how much skills he is developing. This series is different than all other pokemon series, where Ash is Really developing the champion team he can have

One thing that concerns me:
Currently, there have basically been no training episodes anymore. I can hardly remember when we've last seen Ash train his Pokemon intensively and seriously. So, in JN84 Lucario will get Megaevolution for the first time and it's pretty obvious the very same Lucario will probably defeat Bea's ace only two episodes later. (I think Ash winning is pretty obvious given the progress of the story). This feels a bit rushed to put it mildly.
The key to strong mega evolution is the bond which Ash already shares with Lucario since its Egg. And anyhow, they will train off screen. Previous seasons used to show almost each day of his journey in every region. But this Journeys Series is like gist of important episodes which many battles going off screen, as u can notice in PWC of Ash

I’m just hoping that when Ash wins that his rank doesn’t go up too much especially since this is only the second battle of the Hyper class and his previous one jumped him up over 30 ranks. He can’t afford to have huge leaps anymore.
You are true. Ash cannot gain rank leaps anymore, but when he is Battling a very high rank opponent, they have to give him giant leaps.As in the 18th episode, Prof Cerise said, the higher the rank difference, the gaint is the leap. And if we look in the last battles, almost all important persons whom Ash battled while changing Levels were Important persons. Like he Battle Korrina while Changing from Normal to Great Class, Iris while Changing to Ultra Class. I expected Ash match with Bea should have been Changing to Master Class. And we can expect Ash will battle all other 6 people of Master Eight before Battling Leon. So, Journeys might keep their focus on Master Class Battles rather than Hyper (Ultra) Class battles. Let's see what happens

You are true. Ash cannot gain rank leaps anymore, but when he is Battling a very high rank opponent, they have to give him giant leaps.As in the 18th episode, Prof Cerise said, the higher the rank difference, the gaint is the leap. And if we look in the last battles, almost all important persons whom Ash battled while changing Levels were Important persons. Like he Battle Korrina while Changing from Normal to Great Class, Iris while Changing to Ultra Class. I expected Ash match with Bea should have been Changing to Master Class. And we can expect Ash will battle all other 6 people of Master Eight before Battling Leon. So, Journeys might keep their focus on Master Class Battles rather than Hyper (Ultra) Class battles. Let's see what happens
Honestly, I wanted Bea to be the gatekeeper to the Master Class by being Rank 9 or something. But unfortunately that's probably not gonna happen, since we still have more silhouetted figures for Ash to face in the Hyper Class.

Personality? All personality and nuance Ash had was left in Alola and thank goodness it stayed there
Ash's Journeys Pokemon actually do have rather strong personalities except for maybe Dracovish, who doesn't seem to have anything going for it on that front beyong being kinda goofy.

Dragonite is an overly kind, gentle, and affectionate sweetheart that overall comes across as motherly.

Lucario is stubborn, independent and impulsive and generally comes across as that one little kid who tries way too hard to come off as cool and mature.

Gengar is a mischievous prankster capable of holding some very nasty grudges, but is clearly benevolent deep down as shown by the regret it felt at the damage its curse was causing Ash.

Sirfetch'd was aggressive as a Farfetch'd due to its desire to become stronger, and now as a Sirfetch'd has become a lot more confident and gained a chivalrous streak typical of the classic interpretation of knights.

The problem is that these guys are barely used for anything that isn't battles, and since battles have become noticable scarcer since the end of XY, it really stands out how underdeveloped this team is. Alola was able to make up for its lack of battles problem by having numerous moments where the Pokemon are just hanging out and doing their thing. Journeys needs more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom