• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN099: Mary of Spike Town!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Ash does lose here now, it would make sense to build Marnie up.
I already complained that Gengar getting G-Max felt like a washed-down rehash of Lucario's Mega Evo plot. His G-Max debut happening in a one-on-one in a potential one-off ep isn't helping change my opinion. But hey! Gengar being alone means no one can steal his thunder for once.
The Gengar Dynamax arc was much better than the one off ep of Lucario getting a Megastone. If anything the Gengar arc along with its bond with Allister was doing a power up arc right.

You know, one thing that just kills me about the PWC is the lack of consistency. In Ash’s first battle in the normal class it was a 2 v 2. Then we had a series of 1 v 1 until Korrina which was 2 v 2 again. Enter the great class and it’s back to 1 v 1 except for Bea and Iris. Now we’re in the hyper class and have had 3 v 3 until now where we’re back to 1 v 1. Either keep it consistent or explain why these different battle formats exist. Even a roulette wheel for Pokémon number or having that a certain format holds more or less weight would go a long way.

I swear in one of the episodes the announcer confirmed all Hyper Class battles would be 3 on 3. It really is odd.

Calling it rn: Gengar will lose, they will do a half-assed ''self-reflection and redemption'' episode that is not even gonna be fully about Gengar, then it will conveniently learn Dazzling Gleam off-screen and then defeat Grimmsnarl in the next time Marnie appears.
Naw, if the Galar arc has proved anything to me, it's that the writers are willing to speed blitz plotlines. I doubt Gengar loses here. If he does, this episode is going on my top 10 worst episodes.

... I’m sorry, who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?

This is not even counting how Gengar has one move to hit Grimmsnarl for neutral damage.
Type effectiveness can be loose in the anime if it needs to. And hey, it could be that this is where Gengar finally uses Dazzling Gleam.

I hope Gengar loses or ties here.

A rushed episode leading to a 1v1? Beautiful.
I wonder what JN100 is...
And what makes it even better is that it’s involving an actual important character that’s really popular and people have been waiting for the introduction of only for them to zoom right by that and probably never see her again considering that it seems that in Journeys, once you’ve had a decisive battle with Ash, your role in the series is done despite this not being a tournament with a knock out format.

Which is why I'm hoping Marnie wins. They could make her into the Bea for Ultra Class and appear again down the line for a rematch in a 3 on 3.

Which is why I'm hoping Marnie wins. They could make her into the Bea for Ultra Class and appear again down the line for a rematch in a 3 on 3.
Just to reuse the same Bea plot line? The worst part is that I wouldn't put it past the writers's laziness to do that again.

Just to reuse the same Bea plot line? The worst part is that I wouldn't put it past the writers's laziness to do that again.
And Saito didn't deserve to be given the Rival treatment in the first place.
Even worse was dragging it so much via a lackluster/unappealing 'Arc'.

A rehash so soon, like what they're doing with the trashy Yadoking gag, is insipid.
I don't know how did they mess up with Mary so much.......
Introducing her so late when she should have debuted at the start to make viable a rivalry.

Gengar losing to force an Arc is the worst course of action for it......

The only good thing is Onion making a reappearance.

He could have a recurring rival each arc. I also suspect Ash will lose to Raihan the first time they battle so he can appear a few more times too. I don't see how it's a rehash for Ash to lose to more people, it's a lot more interesting than him beating everyone all in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom