• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that Braixen evolved into Delphox LFG
Serena getting a Team change before Dawn is fucking hilarious

And also kinda fucking baffling at the same time

At least with Diggersby, Bunnelby wasn't never all that popular to begin with

But Braixen was hella popular. I'm legit surprised they would even consider pulling such a risky move

And before anyone says "Serena's Braxien isn't on the cast anymore!"
Okay then explain why Chespin hasn't evolved yet then?

Last edited:
Still baffled why the writers wouldn't market Serena at all if she were appearing when every other old companion got tons of promotion. Especially since this is right after Bonnie/Clemont. If she really does appear here I'm surprised they hid it so well

Where’s ma gal Candy Musalina at? :confused: Maybe that’s what they’re hiding from the preview…
I refuse to believe the Sinnoh Grand Festival was the last we have seen of her. How lovely would it be if she was the one to knock Koharu out of the preliminary Battle Rounds in the latter's first Contest (assuming a) they're still here and b) Koharu would even advance that far)?

With Lisia/Wallace being in the opening it was obvious their episode was happening now. Serena doesn't need to be showcased in a Koharu episode where she wouldn't do much. Let Serena appear later on for her own episode.
As if Serena's role would be much different than Lisia's. They made their choice.

If Serena does appear in this episode I'd rather they do it like this, actually. It's kind of annoying when exciting things are spoiled 2 weeks in advance because they had to tell us. I want to be surprised more.
I doubt they'd just throw Serena into a random episode with no hype. They've showed the other returning characters in advance to build up hype.

IMO just throwing Serena into a random episode is worse than her not appearing at all.

I doubt they'd just throw Serena into a random episode with no hype. They've showed the other returning characters in advance to build up hype.

IMO just throwing Serena into a random episode is worse than her not appearing at all.
I'm not saying they should put her in a random episode, the ideal way to bring popular characters back in my opinion is to give them an episode, but not reveal that they're in the episode. Just make the episode preview and description very vague. I'm not saying that they should be a minor part of the episode, just that we wouldn't know about it beforehand.

I want to be surprised, dammit. It's really really not fun opening Bulbagarden and seeing "oh look at this magazine scan from Twitter showing an upcoming Serena episode!" a month ahead. I wanna go in blind and be surprised, putting leaks aside.

The most important thing is, if the scenes shown in the trailer are anything to go by, Chloe is in the center of the stage, drawing all the attention to herself. We all know what the prime rule of Pokémon Contests is, Pokémon are the stars, and we saw the consequences of forgetting that with Dawn and Jessie.

If this contest is indeed like the classic ones, Chloe should not pass the Appeal round, or at least do it just by luck, showing the judges with a straight face while looking to her performance. If she pass and they look delighted, it can only mean one thing... someone bribed the judges :LOL:.

At best I see Serena getting a few frames of her looking at a tv screen as a means of foreshadowing her eventually bigger return.

The most important thing is, if the scenes shown in the trailer are anything to go by, Chloe is in the center of the stage, drawing all the attention to herself. We all know what the prime rule of Pokémon Contests is, Pokémon are the stars, and we saw the consequences of forgetting that with Dawn and Jessie.

If this contest is indeed like the classic ones, Chloe should not pass the Appeal round, or at least do it just by luck, showing the judges with a straight face while looking to her performance. If she pass and they look delighted, it can only mean one thing... someone bribed the judges :LOL:.
To be fair, Lisia is in the same position of Chloe in the preview. So, it seems being at the center of the stage isn't a problem anymore.

I don't think Chloe will even make it past the appeals round. Nothing has convinced me that she's even ready.
Well, the last two episodes for Eevee evolutions have Chloe realizing some kind of performance. So, I think she could be decent in tge appeal round.

Last edited:
What would be better is if the plot was Chloe haughtily thinking she could do contests, but then May unexpectedly shows up and put her in her place, while also meeting up with Ash, telling of how she traveled Johto with Dawn, and how Max is heavily studying to become a trainer.
that-is-beautiful-i-love-that-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

Honestly with how crowded this episode looks Wallace shouldn’t even be in the episode (especially since he’s the roadblock that prevents Ash from seeing Serena)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom