• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the upcoming ep titles it's obvious Serena isn't appearing here. They're also not going to rush Lisia's debut and a Serena return in the same ep

8290007_orig.jpg

Merchandise from 2015 showing Lisia with a Sylveon
Welp.

Just a theory: with Serena taking part in Contests now, maybe he indeed could appear here, with that Sylveon actually being hers. It was said that the opening would be updated along the way, so her appearance in it could easily just have been omitted initially to make it a surprise.
Was it not confirmed that that was just referring to the Pokemon that appear in the shots showing off what Goh's caught? Could of sworn it was.
Either way if that was the case I don't see why they would show off so many other big things (Both Greninja and Paul) in the first version.

Edit: Just saw the above image, welp.

Oh boy. Another Chloe meets an Eeveelutions episode, this time with a potential clickbait title. If Serena isn't gonna be in this, what reunion are we even seeing? Ash has never met Lisia and he didn't interact with Wallace much. At least it seems this will be Chloe taking part in a contest though.

I'm wondering if this will set up what Chloe and Eevee will do next (They have met all the Eeveelutions now right?) Or if we wont find that out until whenever their next focus episode is.

That's true. But he never got too familiar with Wallace.
It still counts, technically, as a 'Reencounter'.
Sometimes one has to take the literal approach.

I think that having Ruchia being the one to own Nymphia is not bait/trolling.
They never said/teased that it will be Serena, people simply assumed.

I just don't know why every time a Sylveon appears in an episode people assume it has to involve Serena. We knew Lisia was showing up so I don't know why people thought two character debuts/returns would all be in 1 episode.

I just don't know why every time a Sylveon appears in an episode people assume it has to involve Serena. We knew Lisia was showing up so I don't know why people thought two character debuts/returns would all be in 1 episode.
I mean technically two are happening in 1 episode, Lisia and Wallace :wynaut:
(I know what you meant i just couldn't resist the opportunity)

The whole thing just feels especially weird. Why use the word reunion for a character Ash barely knows? Why move the episode arrangements to have this one come right after the Clemont and Bonnie return special? Why hide Sylveon's trainer in the special preview?

I'm not saying it's Serena, it feels very likely to be Lisia at this point, but you can't deny they've kind of been suspicious/baity with the whole situation.

The whole thing just feels especially weird. Why use the word reunion for a character Ash barely knows? Why move the episode arrangements to have this one come right after the Clemont and Bonnie return special? Why hide Sylveon's trainer in the special preview?

I'm not saying it's Serena, it feels very likely to be Lisia at this point, but you can't deny they've kind of been suspicious/baity with the whole situation.
The word reunion might have something story related and not involving characters. We won't know till a summary appears.

Also anyone starting to think Wallace actually isn't in this episode and only Lisia is? Maybe Wallace will appear later on. If you notice Koharu seems to be performing on an empty stage with nobody in the audience so it seems she's just practicing

Man, what a hard time to be a Serena fan. When I saw the episode title, I immediately got super excited. But now that the hasty sense of joy has subsided...

This episode's title, the fact that it airs right after Ash's time in Kalos, and Journeys bringing back a variety of past characters (both party members and rivals alike), makes me think that there is a possibility it could be Serena. I mean, it would just make so much sense. At least, that's how my heart feels.

But my brain is telling me something different, something more rational. This will most likely be Lisia's episode as they haven't done anything to promote Serena at all, which is uncharacteristic for how Journeys has handled every past reunion (barring Brock, but he was on a Special that aired on a streaming service); no Corocoro scans, previews, interviews with VAs, posters, etc. The "reunion" may refer to Lisia's reunion with Wallace or Ash's reunion with Wallace; mayhap, even something different altogether. This wouldn't be the first time an episode title didn't match up with the episode - do we all remember XY059? Ash and Serena's first "date?" Even though they didn't have a date at all. So, it very well could be a poor selection of words, intentional or no. There also may not be many episodes left of Journeys and we know that Chloe does something Contest Spectacular related thanks to the involvement of Lisia; so, this may very well be the start of that.

Which would make me all the more frustrated if so, because Serena could easily fill Lisia's role and more given that she too experienced a hefty amount of uncertainty about her future and wasn't given a Sylveon as to not overlap with another character.

Lol as someone who isn't that into Serena seeing everyone having roller coasters of emotions regarding this title and some of preview images is hilarious

But for the actual episode it's good that we will finally see the last of the Eevelutions meet Chloe and Eevee as it'll be a good step forward for her and Eevee moving forward (whatever it ends up being)

I do think if it's anyone we actually know will be in the show (OP and met previously in JN) it'll be Lisia’s as even though she doesn't have one in the game she does give me fairy type trainer vibes because of her Mega Altaria and etc

It seems the “performance” Chloe and Eevee are doing are more similar to the video games contest (specifically ORAS and BDSP) which make me wonder how they'll frame this as it's not similar to the animes portrayals of contests at all

And for the reunion part It’ll be strange if it's referring to Wallace and Ash given their sole interacton

My guess is that Wallace and Lisia will reunite in a “I haven't seen my cousin in so long” kind of energy
Assuming he's even in the episode

Wow Journeys is on a roll with plot relevant episodes. Aside from TRio episode, it’s like they took the breaks off.
I feel as if there isn't much time for filler. If this is Journeys end, they have a few stories to wrap up.

We have...
-Ash and the Masters 8
-Project Mew. Goh still has tokens to earn and the actual expeditions for Mew.
-Whatever Chloe is doing
-Storylines to potentially wrap up like Lillie and Mohn.

The titles of the first Dawn special were revealed before her role on them was confirmed too, so I wouldn't think much about it.
Have episodes ever had their places switched with the Pokémon anime before? I know it happens with American shows.

In any case this title being put up without any details was very, very mean and I am 100% for it.

I can remember 4 cases, 3 common knowledge and 1 obscure:
  • Before the Porygon episode aired, 3 episodes were scheduled to air in December '97. Then the hiatus happened and when the show came back, Pikachu's Forest aka Pikachu's Goodbye was aired before those 3.
  • The Cilan fishing episode was moved forward 3 months because of the 2011 Japan earthquake. Same with the Skrelp episode because of a real-life ship sinking.
  • In September 2011 a source reported that the Deino & Accelgor episodes were airing after Ash vs Alder, but at the same time another source confirmed the Maracus episode airing instead. It's possible the first source just got the wrong information as the Accelgor episode starts the Driftveil Arc.

I feel as if there isn't much time for filler. If this is Journeys end, they have a few stories to wrap up.

We have...
-Ash and the Masters 8
-Project Mew. Goh still has tokens to earn and the actual expeditions for Mew.
-Whatever Chloe is doing
-Storylines to potentially wrap up like Lillie and Mohn.
I totally agree, it’s just, when are the writers ever this logical with having actual relevant things happening together without fillers? This is the same show that dropped an episode where Axew gets lost in the middle of the Unova League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom