• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't think Serena will appear, but that summary DOES sound suspicious

Though we've had a LOT of suspicious, secretive summaries that were either clickbait or trolling over the years, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Besides, what could Serena even get to DO in a stand alone episode??? Just show up for the heck of it without actually doing anything like most of the Alola classmates did (and will do again)?.

At least we finally got confirmation that it’s a Contest for those who were still thinking it was a Performance.
Thank Arceus!

It's 90% likely it's Lisia's since that's whose introducing Koharu to it. If Serena were appearing they would market the hell out of her like they did with Dawn, Gary, Iris, Bonnie/Clemont, etc and every old character with interviews with their voice actors and promotional art. Not to mention Serena isn't in the opening.

Let Serena appear later in the series than just getting a 1 episode contest where most of it will be focused on Koharu. As I said before Serena would barely get any focus if she was in this.

If it really is Lisia I would suspect that Serena was planned but ultimately cut at some point (probably due to staff worrying how to handle the Amourshipping aspect of her return)

It's just too similar to be a coincidence: A Pokémon Coordinator who currently resides in Hoenn with a Sylveon as their partner.

There's no reason to assume Serena is even still in Hoenn over 2 gens later. That's like assuming May was still in Johto when we were in BW. Serena's Hoenn quest likely ended when Ash was done in Alola and now she's probably back in Kalos. It's not like every characters journey freezes off-screen.

Also a Sylveon appearing never meant it had to belong to her either, we had a Psyduck filler this series with no Misty or even that early DP filler with Piplup/Croagunk and no Dawn then. Of course some popular pokemon of the past would appear outside of the main cast who owned them.

I do question the thought process behind introducing a character almost entirely associated with Altaria… literally one episode after an Altaria is the main threat.

Either Lisia is getting stripped of the one pokemon people remember her for, or we’ll be getting two of them in a row. Either way, weird.
I seem to recall art of this episode that had her Altaria in it (along side Sylveon), so its two altaria in a row, they even seem to both mega.

If this is more true to the games and the contests from ORAS that Lisia is known for, it's quite possible there will only be an appeal round and the battle round won't exist anymore. It would be more in line with the game contests even the ones in the DP remakes that most kids are more familiar with too.

Contests in the anime had their own identity that made them stand out, largely because of how they were handled compared to the games. The contest battle round was an important part and where a lot of the joy in watching contests came from. Watering them down so they're closer to the games would be a horrible move.

How is Chloe supposed to compete in a Contest? Eevee's moveset is garbage and Chloe's battling skill is basically non-existent. ...They're going to do the Battle Frontier again and remove the anime-only stuff from it, aren't they?
Chloe's Eevee could imitate Evolutions attacks. So, it would probably be fine for the appeal round.

In itself, episodes like the Circus or Erica's Gym show that Chloe and Eevee are decent for performance.

That said, it's difficult to imagine Chloe's Eevee participate in Contest Battles. Maybe they will erase that part to makes Contests similar to the games version.

That said, it's difficult to imagine Chloe's Eevee participate in Contest Battles. Maybe they will erase that part to makes Contests similar to the games version.
I personally hope not. The anime's take on Contests has always been MUCH cooler and more interesting to me than they are in the games, and the battle rounds themselves are a big part of the reason why. Besides, the anime already has Showcases, which are essentially a more faithful take on the game version of Contests already, so if Contests themselves were revamped to be more like the game versions then they'd be too similar to Showcases to the point that they'd practically be the same thing.

I don't think Chloe's Eevee not being much of a battler should be that big a dealbreaker that we have to get rid of Battle Rounds entirely. We've seen plenty of weak Pokemon become stronger before (Piplup notably tended to get defeated by just about everyone and their mom in early Sinnoh, yet that didn't stop him from becoming practically Dawn's ace), so why is Chloe's Eevee any different? Heck, we actually saw her topple a Rhydon with a Tackle of all things. If Eevee can do that, surely she has at least some combat potential.

As this is a contest episode, I wonder if we'll see appearances by Vivian Meridian, Raoul Contesta and Mr. Sukizo
They likely replaced them with Lisia since she's the contest host or maybe Wallace if he's in this ep. I really don't understand why people expect this Contest to be like the old AG ones from 15 years ago. Contests have constantly changed and evolved since then and the ones in ORAS and the DP remakes emphasize performances and dancing.

I'm 50/50 on the battle round being axed but I'm thinking they're going to do more game accurate contests anyway and as people mentioned Koharu doesn't have much battle experience so I don't see them writing a battle quickly in 1 episode.

I'll be honest, I don't see Chloe winning first time round, apart from James and Salvia in DP, nobody has been seen winning on their first attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom