• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN120: Koharu and Eievui, the Possibilities are Endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not clear from the episode summary where exactly this Camping will be.
Most likely it will be in Kanto, but if it really were to happen in another region, I would prefer the 9th generation region.
Once we know for certain where the episode takes place, we'll know if we can rule out Gigantamax Eevee, which I genuinely hope we can. Seriously what reason does Chloe have for it? She's not gonna participate in battles as far as we know.

Even if Chloe were to become a battler, Eevee's Z-Move and/or the Partner Moves would be way more practical for that anyway, imo. I mean, at least those can be used anywhere whereas Gigantamax Eevee is restricted to Galar, so it doesn't really offer the "endless possibilities" of the episode's title.

I find it people saying Eevee G-Maxing requires Chloe being a battler when a) she has battled multiple times now and b) G-Max Eevee's entire shtick is that its fur causes opponents to lose the will to fight. Skill is irrelevant when you can just make the opponent quit.

I mean just because Eevee might end up with the Gmax factor, doesn't mean Chloe or Eevee will have any desires to battle.

I can see it going like:
"Oh Eevee is a Gmax, anyway..." continues to do whatever she's done before

I mean just because Eevee might end up with the Gmax factor, doesn't mean Chloe or Eevee will have any desires to battle.

I can see it going like:
"Oh Eevee is a Gmax, anyway..." continues to do whatever she's done before
True. After all, Meowth was shown to be able to Gmax and that was basically just window dressing to show off the form and nothing else.

I think it is more likely we get another answer than the Gmax because the JNs is not about galar region, and if so it was in episode 90 or less..
At this point new eevolution sounds more likely but even more than that the option we wont get answers and it will stay open to imagination = ofscreen..

Personally, at this point, I would like a new type as a buildup for next gen and to fresh things up. Even if they will only see onw with its trainer and get inspired to travel and see if there are other options...

Whats next? Maybe steel/ poison / rock? Not llikely but there are options like bug/ dragon/ ground. A new type at this point would be too crazy...

TBH Even normal eevolution could be intoduced (not anyway convincing, like why it didn't happen before? Ah? What item should be used?) but it could explain the need to stay normal though..

If Eevee doesn't evolve this arc will basically be that one Kanto filler. Funny how what was considered a filler episode in the OG anime was considered good enough to be an entire arc and the female protagonist's goal for a whole season!

I get that they try to appeal to older fans (such as myself) with Kanto nostalgia but this just feels like a lazy excuse to give the female protagonist less focus than the male heroes.

If Eevee doesn't evolve this arc will basically be that one Kanto filler. Funny how what was considered a filler episode in the OG anime was considered good enough to be an entire arc and the female protagonist's goal for a whole season!

I get that they try to appeal to older fans (such as myself) with Kanto nostalgia but this just feels like a lazy excuse to give the female protagonist less focus than the male heroes.
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, one of Journeys’ biggest sins is its treatment of the female part of the series’ group. Given that Pokémon is a series that’s targeted towards both males and females and has had prominent female representation since the start of the anime, there’s no excuse for them turning the female cast member into nothing more than an afterthought so they could mostly turn this into the Ash and Go buddy show.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, one of Journeys’ biggest sins is its treatment of the female part of the series’ group. Given that Pokémon is a series that’s targeted towards both males and females and has had prominent female representation since the start of the anime, there’s no excuse for them turning the female cast member into nothing more than an afterthought so they could mostly turn this into the Ash and Go buddy show.
I sincerely hope that that is not permitted to continue into the Scarlet and Violet series.

Tbh I'm not keen for this ep at all

M8's finally getting momentum after the rough start and breaks. But this just kills it imo. Chloe's not even there with Ash and Goh. Surely they could've done this earlier? Besides Chloe's probs just gonna choose to keep Eevee as is and travel with it, which is so predictable imo

Tbh I'm not keen for this ep at all

M8's finally getting momentum after the rough start and breaks. But this just kills it imo. Chloe's not even there with Ash and Goh. Surely they could've done this earlier? Besides Chloe's probs just gonna choose to keep Eevee as is and travel with it, which is so predictable imo
I agree. It doesn't help either that it's too late for Cerise to get a backstory and that it's unlikely it will feature a Galar Pokemon.

I don't like the idea of a new Eeveelution in this episode. We are on the verge of the series' finale, and we will get to see a new evolution only for two or three episodes at best doing something noteworthy. I rather have a new hypothetical evolution being treated the way Serena's Sylveon was done.

Feel like Chloe arc will end with her not having a goal. Hence the whole so many possibilities title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom