• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN125: The Semifinals IV: "Impact"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Ash only has Lucario left, while Cynthia has both Togekiss and Garchomp, that's looking like a possibility.
Preview shows Mega Lucario fighting regular Togekiss and Garchomp, so we know Togekiss very likely goes down

Anyone else notice that move Togekiss was using against Mega Lucario in the preview? I'm 99% sure that was Sky Attack.

1662745841736.png

Edit: This is the scene I was talking about. I'm almost certain that's Sky Attack.

Last edited:
I hate the blue aura that is surrounding Ash. I may hate Aura now than the Nuke now
Why? The aura surrounding Ash isn’t something that‘s physically there and just exists in the mental image. It’s not even something that Pokémon created and has been used in plenty of anime. Also, what’s there to hate with aura when it’s been an established thing for Ash since the Battle Frontier saga and they finally did something with it? It’s not like this is something they pulled out of their asses.

Why? The aura surrounding Ash isn’t something that‘s physically there and just exists in the mental image. It’s not even something that Pokémon created and has been used in plenty of anime. Also, what’s there to hate with aura when it’s been an established thing for Ash since the Battle Frontier saga and they finally did something with it? It’s not like this is something they pulled out of their asses.
Greninja had no real feats in AG and so it’s like they never gave it a form at all. Now Lucario on the other hand, it’s Aura plus ME makes it the special snowflake. They also heightened Ash’s aura powers to unbelievable levels that surpass anything he did with Ash-Greninja since M09 and DP.

Greninja had no real feats in AG and so it’s like they never gave it a form at all. Now Lucario on the other hand, it’s Aura plus ME makes it the special snowflake. They also heightened Ash’s aura powers to unbelievable levels that surpass anything he did with Ash-Greninja since M09 and DP.
Greninja's Bond Phenomenon was pretty dang strong. I'm not the biggest Greninja fan in the world, but I can recognize it was strong. Not sure if stronger Mega Lucario with aura boost, but strong nevertheless.

Last edited:
See your problem here is that you’re comparing apples and oranges here. Greninja has nothing to do with the conversation and yet you keep feeling the need to bring him up as a means to put Lucario down. The only thing that they have in common is being the ace of their own saga who have a connection to Ash. To say that anything Lucario does in any way affects what Greninja did back in Kalos is like complaining that the ace from another saga didn’t accomplish whatever. I get it, it sucks that AG had such an anticlimactic finish due to the writers deciding to stick stubbornly to status quo but none of that is Lucario’s fault.

This episode's going to be a 10/10, we all know it. The only thing I'm disappointed by is that hopes for a Mega Garchomp vs Mega Lucario match are crushed...that's it lol. Can't wait for the episode conclusion to this fantastic battle!

What does Greninja even have to do with this conversation?

Greninja's Bond Phenomenon was pretty dang strong. I'm not the biggest Greninja fan in th bworkd, but I can recognize it was strong. Not sure if stronger Mega Lucario with aura boost, but strong nevertheless.
It’s best feat was going toe to toe with Diantha’s Mega Gardevoir. And this is when it was unmastered. When your best feat is when the form is unperfected, then we have a problem on our hands. Then again, this is the writers fault. It could of easily beaten the opponents it did without the transformation. Additionally, if the transformation was all that powerfully like Aura/ME/both combined is, then Greninja would have beaten MCX with it and not fallen in 4 hits. Even though AG did major damage, the fact that base Greninja had more KOs then AG in its final battle (when it had none) is very telling. This is also the writers fault.
To say that anything Lucario does in any way affects what Greninja did back in Kalos is like complaining that the ace from another saga didn’t accomplish whatever. I get it, it sucks that AG had such an anticlimactic finish due to the writers deciding to stick stubbornly to status quo but none of that is Lucario’s fault.
Lucario and Greninja’s arcs mirror each other, but Lucario’s is getting payoff and the feats to show it. While it doesn’t affect Greninja specifically, whatever great things Lucario does is a slap in the face to Greninja as it is getting everything that Greninja should have gotten- and more. And this is why I hate Ash’s Lucario, why I hate Aura and ME, and why I will hate this episode.

“As I thought, you’re in perfect sync. A move born from the bond that your Aura forged.” - Cynthia (JN124)
Literally Ash-Greninja 2.0. Copy and paste. Clearly the writers care more about Ash-Lucario then they do about Greninja and that’s disgusting and disrespectful to Greninja and XYZ fans. Greninja should have won Ash it’s first league and be the one getting all the glory.

Lucario and Greninja’s arcs mirror each other, but Lucario’s is getting payoff and the feats to show it. While it doesn’t affect Greninja specifically, whatever great things Lucario does is a slap in the face to Greninja as it is getting everything that Greninja should have gotten- and more. And this is why I hate Ash’s Lucario, why I hate Aura and ME, and why I will hate this episode.
They really don’t aside from the absolutely superficial of having a connection to Ash and a transformed state and even with the late, every Lucario can do that. Meanwhile, Greninja is this special Greninja with a legendary ability rarely seen in Greninja. Hell, the AG form is just a ripoff of Mega Evolution that the writers invented because they were to stingy to let Ash use any of his Pokémon capable of Mega Evolving. You’re drawing connections between the 2 that don’t exist.

If Ash does win, I really hope they show Lucario actually dealing some actual damage and defending against Garchomp. I really hate how they've had Lucario getting tossed around like a ragdoll 99% of the battle before getting a lucky critical hit or OHKO.

Also seriously can we just stop bringing Greninja into this? This has absolutely nothing to do with Greninja. This is about the final part of Ash's battle with Champion Cynthia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom