• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN125: The Semifinals IV: "Impact"

It's kinda funny to me the surprise people had over no Mega evolution for Garchomp from a week ago and it turned out to not be a problem at all. Like it doesn't really matter at all because the final clashes would have played out the same if you look back at Iris' battle and see how Garchomp fought there as a Mega.

I haven’t seem much raging yet, aside from stuff about Lucario and Greninja. No Champion Cynthia fans raging.
A complete silence is better than noises. Because, this battle is very much well deserved. Despite being poor scripted.

Based on how Ash BARELY got a win against the Number 2 trainer in the world, I have no clue how he's gonna make it past Leon.

His Rillaboom alone took out FOUR of Diantha's Pokemon (Still don't know how it tanked a Fire Blast though...) and we still don't know what Leon's other three Pokemon will be. Keep in mind, we know this guy loves to rotate the moveset of his Pokemon (well his Charizard anyway). With him seeing all of Ash's tricks/gimmicks (aside from G-Max Gengar), but still being completely speechless with some of the strategies...I'm skeptical of how Ash could pull a BELIVEABLE win in the finals.

Still wish he had mixed his older and more experienced partners during the Masters 8, but we'll see what happens moving forward. I don't rank I could rank Ash vs. Cynthia in my Top 10 Pokemon anime battles.

Look, this match had its moments. However, I don't know...I think it's that Journeys hasn't really made Ash's team feel like 'family.' I know it's kind of cheesy but going back to even Hoenn, we saw such personality and development with all of his team members. Through wins and losses, you felt for the Pokemon. Yes, I did think it was epic for Sirfetch'd and Dracovish to have their time to shine in the battle. It just comes down to not really seeing much of them throughout the series that it feels semi-hollow despite the epicness.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. I just hope that the time between the semi-finals and finals has Ash training his team because he knows he needs to be in top form to face Leon. I'm sure Leon isn't just going to waste time either because he's seen how Ash is able to rise to the occassion no matter how difficult the opponent.

First part was slow and boring with that Hypnosis stuff that we've seen a million times already. Fights that rely on a status condition that doesn't let the opponents fight back are not fun to watch.

Second part was better with good animation, but it still felt... off. Mainly as the individual matches felt too short... Once you get worked up with excitement one of the combatants either get knocked out, swapped out

These two statements seem contradictory to me. The first one complains the first ep was slow, then in your second line you claim the battles are too short because of the switching, or "knocked out" when outside of Pikachu/Gastrodon, none of the other pokemon were knocked out fast at all and last the same length as most previous battles in the series. The first ep had Spiritomb, Roserade, Togekiss, Garchomp used and Ash using 3 pokemon, and Dragonite got to shoot out two attacks before being put to sleep. I mean you can't have it both ways? In terms of animation I can understand it, but in terms of pacing? Nah.

This battle is a 4/10 imo
If you let go of your Greninja/Lucario rivalry, this battle is far from one of the worst battles. I really don't know how you can believe that.

:bulbaLove: The Best
  • Ash Defeats Cynthia - and it was quite enjoyable and reasonably believable
    • Yep, what else realistically? Let's put behind obvious powerscaling issues and huge bummer that this outcome is far less surprising due to Journeys that should be 15 years prior. It is by far the greatest victory for Ashy-boy. It is only fitting he gasped and could not believed it - similarly to beating Gary or winning league first time against Gladion. Now, was this match by far the best and most memorable in the history of Anime? Probably not, even the first reviews seems to suggest so. It does not have that "oh Ash you better win" duel of fates pathos of Gary and especially Paul. It does not have swift animation of Sawyer/Alain (Talonflame vs Unfezant anybody?) or the relaxed nature, father-son dynamic and concluding arcs of Kukui. But it has the stage, the best opponent so far and some truly memorable moments. So, it depends on your taste, what you prefer and how it will age. But it is up there, TOP 5. That is good, especially with some constraints and limits that Journeys withs Animation and whole story have put upon it. So, well done Ash and well done AniPoke.
:bulbaWave: Good
  • More Cynthia's and Garchomp's Backstory - nicely done, swift but very efficient storytelling. Personally, I enjoyed more expressive younger Cynthia and Gible/Gabite. Shows more of their personality.
  • Garchomp vs Mega Lucario - you know what, I like it. It was not spectacular, but given all the constraints (Animation budget, that there is still Leon to beat and also Dynamax before it), they made sensible narrative decision. Simply, two very powerful Pokémon, already tired on the finishing stretch. It was outright brawl who would last longer. But it was brawl made the right way I would say. Sometimes it is good to tone down acrobatics and tactics. And here it worked, with finishing Reversal move similar to Alola's Counter. Even the "they both fall, who will rise". And I like that Lucario's biggest victory was not bit spoiled like Charizard's (Noland stopping referee declaring him unable to battle) and Infernape's (same done by Electavire). Although the moment was not as suspensful as could be, because we are accustomed that Mega-Evolved Pokémon loses its mega-form almost instantly when unable to battle.
    • Last bit - I am glad, that Garchomp was spared "curly" eyes when defeated - as should every amazing Pokémon. After tough battles of absolute aces "curly" eyes does not fit the weight of situation. And also Lucario helping Garchomp to stand
  • Cinderace Supporting Lucario - it was almost palpable, with him always screaming in front of camera
  • TRio Emotional Involvment - at this point is probably surpassing Diamond and Pearl :giggle:
  • Greninja - well it never hurts to see Greninja, does it? :cool:
  • Music - i liked it mostly through all Masters 8 and it is one of the saving graces of tournament IMHO. But in both Cynthia's battles, it is almost undeservingly good and epic.
:confused: Bad
  • Cynthia Reversing Her Retirement - it is not the fact itself, but how it was played first of all out nowhere and then reversed by "Ash's Therapeutic Battles Practitioner" - Volkner and Alain send their regards. Felt little bit cheap and bait-y.
  • Cynthia Felt Like Challenger - and that complicates immersion - not entirely exclusive to this particular episode, but here it stings the most. This is problem with storytelling - let's say you do not know anything about Pokémon or previous Anime iterations. Even then you see Cynthia's as older, established Champion, explicitly n. 2. But then the match comes and she uses everything she has, probably the best most-experienced Pokémon, reminiscing about their life-journey, using state-of-art strategy, being obviously laser-focused on advancing to finals and challenging Leon. And is defeated by Ash with "we better stay strong my current team and win this" attitude. And it is crowned by Cynthia declaring "I am not retiring and there is obviosly for me still much to learn about battling" - even with all her humbleness, it simply does not add up. Although not true in itself, it is portrayed as Cynthia wanted more to win than Ash and did more to win than Ash. This is Anime paying its debts to not ageing Ash and waiting too long for him to win league. We may brush that off, but as Mike Stoklasa's Mr. Plinkett says "You did not notice, but your brain did!"
    • In case you want to imagine the different setup, let's say that Anime would have replaced Gible with this Lucario back in DP - not evolving him, just making him appear as egg/Riolu and have some matches in league as Gible had. Even maybe some Axew-like training with Garchomp. And now as fully fledged experienced Lucario would Ash also remembering their long Journey and how they will finally surpass Cynthia.
  • Disturbance in the Force, oh my bad Aura - not sure whether I like. It is reasonable narrative one-shot, but also opens plethora of problems, that Anime would probably also never address. For example, does that mean with enough focus, Ash is capable of summoning Greninja and Lucario even through big distances? Let's not forget it next time he is in grave danger, Charizard at least had to view it in TV back in Movie 3.
  • Cynthia Icecream Invitation to Ash - there was none.:cry:
:bulbaFacepalm: Ugly
  • Masters 8 Scale and Connection To Pokémon World - is simply lacking. What do I mean by that? At the beginning there were these "all recognizable people from region watching it together" quick shots, now we have almost nothing - sans Ash's Kanto home ground, which I like very much, but could also do with half of their scenes with some Alola/Companions mixed up. Due to - I expect budget, but now also time-constraints - we are getting just changing of extremes. Now this hopefully would get to at least agreeable levels with Ash vs Leon, but with 4-5 episodes left, I am sceptical it will be enough.
    • For example, Cynthia is telling her retirement thoughts to Diantha - are they so close? Would not she normally share such important things with let's say her grandmother first? Probably, but we do not have time/budget/market value for her, so she is nowhere to be seen, despite it being her granddaughter biggest tournament. So she is discussing it with Diantha - because she is one of the few persons actually "there".
    • Remember how in Alola there was this whole stadium-surrondings environment, where for example Lana could receive support but also bravely admit defeat against Guzma, despite him battling savagely? That was interesting scene - it was making Alola Leauge great - grounding it as organic thing in established place and characters
    • Here we have almost nothing - one may say that we are only shown what is really important but I would respectfully disagree - no media attention after match, not even Leon coming similarly after match to Ash and congratulating, no fans assaulting Ash outside stadium - I mean Professor Oak almost joyfully crying and being hugged by Ash's Charizard and Noivern is almost sole exception.
    • Ash has a phone now, why he does not at least mention some supporting messages from friends?
    • Probably for the most of you the best example would be those after-the-episode sketches on Twitter. They usually do good job with expanding the story and bringing more interaction, but the usual reaction by fans is most understandable - why the hell could not this be in episode itself??
    • To sum it up - everything is theoretically there - super-stadium full of fans, greatest Champions battling, everybody watching. But ignoring obvious Goh and Hop + TRio, it does seem like nobody else is really "there" or at least "connected". There is lack of meaningful interanction, connection with broader AniPoke world. When people say that PWC does not work for them, they rarely mention this, but it is precisely this lack of interconnection and plasticity that bugs the immersion. Or to put it plainly, they could very well have Masters 8 on Mewtwo's secret island with just Goh and Hop + TRio coming by and the rest of it being televised retrospectively month after that and it would probably seem the same.

Last edited:
i've read many posts that have reflected things i've felt, here and at other places. but maybe by chance i'll say something meaningful on this topic.

the entire battle itself was fine.
although there's not universal agreement on this, i do think the first episode was best, then the second was fine, and finally this one was ok. shirona daimaxing togekiss wasn't an issue so much as garchomp's movepool; i do agree with those that have said this was lacking. it was noticeable, esp with how well lucario's movepool worked in the conclusion. there's no way the writer's weren't aware of this. the first episode of this tournament had dande defeating alain (regular charizard vs. mega) with dragon pulse. carne also used thunderbolt against dande's charizard in the semifinals. so in the context of the tournament as a whole, garchomp's movepool will stand out when this is watched again in future years. togekiss as well could have been given more diverse moves (flamethrower, dazzling gleam, aura sphere), but its durability was noticeable, and i think all in all it exceeded expectations in its appearance.
that doesn't mean satoshi still couldn't have won the match. it's true that lucario could have been given dragon pulse too in its moveset;-instead of double team which wouldn't have been missed that much from this battle. but the use of reversal as a surprise finishing move doesn't have the right impact, at least to me, when shirona was at such a disadvantage when it comes to movepool. it was such a limiting factor that, once lucario's aura sphere connected through togekiss's final max airstream, i always felt shirona was going to lose. garchomp's movepool didn't give her a way to win to begin with. and without mega evolution, garchomp didn't have the power to overcome that. in that sense i feel like the description of the episode was misleading; shirona, not satoshi, was very much on the back foot, and this episode was much more her fighting with pride than this being an even match; her reflections on her pokemon journey before the final duel of garchomp and lucario reinforced that to me. it's true lucario did stagger at times, and i'm aware of what the announcer was saying about both pokemon being close to fainting. but. at the end of the day, lucario got up, looked at garchomp, and was ready to continue fighting.

i expected to come out of this episode feeling satoshi and shirona were on nearly equal footing, but after the episode, i did feel there is a gap between them.

lucario is that strong. i wouldn't say that satoshi won unfairly so much as that lucario is the first broken pokemon satoshi's had. and he used it. infernape's blaze was broken, but satoshi didn't actually use it on command. and, while it can be argued there's no distinction in saying the following, it can also be argued that there is: satoshi didn't defeat shinji in the sinnoh league b/c of blaze, he won b/c of a character failing of shinji's. shinji indeed won that battle, but was disappointed that this was the level of strength that had caused him to question his beliefs (at least that's an interpretation of that scene) and let infernape know that. that was where he lost the match, not the battle that followed. as for greninja, i didn't follow kalos closely, but i'm under the impression battle bond is on the level of mega evolution. it wasn't a broken advantage for satoshi. lucario is just that. lucario offering its hand to garchomp was indeed a fitting conclusion of what it showed in this battle, and of its (well, both of theirs) place in this anime's history- this is said understanding that something like this will likely be repeated sometime later,, maybe as soon as the battle with dande.
but speaking of kalos, i never myself had a problem with satoshi losing in the finals there but have often read about how a sizeable amount of the fanbase was upset about it. i do think now that really did have an impact on satoshi winning this match. that said, though, and while noting how early on in the conclusion of this battle that shirona didn't really feel like she had a way to win, i also never felt a conviction from the writers that they really wanted her to lose or that felt that she should lose to satoshi.

but satoshi's win here is indeed how journeys satoshi has indeed been written. when shirona first appeared this series, i made sure to watch every episode of journeys from number one so i could know where things were and be ready to appreciate this battle when it came. i feel confident in saying (and some others feel this, i'm sure, and hence the reaction to this arc) that some writers/influences behind the scenes had to fight very hard for us to get what was given here. there is/was a strong push in journeys to depict satoshi as a young rookie, and hence, at least i think, the outright declaration of him being 10 years old and some of the other behaviors he's shown. dande is the parallel to that, in some sense. it's a noteworthy positive, to me, that as journeys went along, satoshi was acknowledged more and more as the alola champion and less and less as the rookie, it's also my belief satoshi would never have looked at the other champions as stepping stones to dande, no matter how strong dande is shown to be. that respect was indeed conveyed here in this battle at least to some extent in the end, and i really do think that took a significant effort behind the scenes to get it written that way. back to satoshi winning though, that's how he's been written since he's been acknowledged as the alola champion before his battle with volkner (before then, i thought it was fair to wonder if satoshi was really entering a eating competition, b/c he was practicing really well for that). he's learned what he's needed to one episode before, and then won. so him winning here, withing the way journeys was written, is accurate. in his journey overall, it's not satisfying that lucario achieved so much, with really just an episode of greninja training. but, it feels that's the direction this anime is trending in, and it's set to continue that way from now on.

as shirona's voice actor promised (i think), the scene that stood out was shirona's reflections on her journey. i feel bad for shirona's voice actor in some sense, b/c before this ep the egg scene in the prelude to this battle was thought to be the one she was referring to, and at best one would say that was a nice scene. then to wait three weeks and see the actual scene, which was beyond expectations of what was described and indeed the highlight of this last episode (it can easily be argued), must have been an experience. i don't think there's anything negative to say about that scene, and the reception of that scene is verification of the value of using reserves. satoshi has enough experience and journeys to do that too.
i think shirona's voice actor gave accurate expectations of what to expect from shirona in journeys, and the fact shirona got a full battle with satoshi that was quality, the best of its type so far with satoshi as a champion (it has a fair chance of being higher quality than the one with dande due to time constraints->would be funny if dande didn't have charizard use flamethrower or some sort of fire type attack as a homage to this shirona battle-pikachu and lucario would like air slash/hurricane and max airstream; can even have dragon claw and dragon pulse!) was, in the end, i think, worth her appearance.

on satoshi's journey overall (which the victory against shirona is ending everything that's occurred prior to this in a sense, judging from the response from everyone after the victory). i've mentioned lucario, but i want to mention quickly the tobias battle which has been often mentioned in looking at this battle's place in the full battle history. it's noteworthy that while it was known satoshi was going to lose that match before that episode aired, the fact that sceptile ko'd darkrai so relatively quickly into the match was a huge surprise. satoshi's confidence after that win, the stadium cheering and the announcer noting what he had accomplished was what was felt in real time. the reveal of latios and satoshi's disbelief was also felt in real time. there was no hint, no leak, no idea that that was coming. the music also reflects that, the tension of the atmosphere, and that satoshi never had a chance of winning. this was a battle of pride. that's why that battle is a good one, b/c of the surprise and that it added to satoshi;s skill as a trainer. writing like that is why there was a valid 2% thought that satoshi might lose this battle to shirona. shirona daimaxing togekiss was a surprise, but it seems that was more of a way to allow lucario to show its max aura sphere than any real tactical reason (though again, that's not why shirona lost the match, i don't feel).
but believing in the writers ability to surprise might be in the past now.

So on Cynthia's side she used:

• Sucker Punch followed by Hypnosis and Dream Eater
  • Destiny Bond finisher which was the best way to take out Pikachu
  • Roserade's Poison Jab
  • Gastrodon a ground type used against Pikachu setting up with ground and rock attacks
  • Constant switching with Roserade/Togekiss and Spiritomb to wear down Ash's team
  • Roserade attacking Dracovish from afar when she realized it was a threat
  • Milotic disarming with a fairy move, also trying the same wrap and Iron head combo against Iris' Dragonite
  • Togekiss Gmax was very tanky allowing it to block the first Aura Sphere, resisted the powered up one that defeated Raihan, and then speed
  • Garchomp set up stealth rock, did damage to Ash's Pokemon, took down Sirfetch'd, and went on a slugfest against Lucario.

This was pretty underwhelming for me, but I knew it would be after last week. I did like the return of Reversal, though; I did not see that coming and it opens up a precedent for Ash regarding the moves he teaches to his Pokémon in the future. Imagine the return of Volt Tackle... Anyway, Lucario continues to be indestructible when the plot calls for it; what's the point of having it keel over if there aren't any actual consequences of the damage it takes? The way it just nonchalantly got up after Reversal made me laugh for a good minute; as if there was never truly a worry of it losing.

Dynakiss vs. Mega Lucario felt incredibly static to me what with the repeated images of Togekiss and Max Airstream. The writers ultimately were not able to make Dynamax battles dynamic akin to do what was done in a single short of Twilight Wings, and that is a shame. Following that, Mega Lucario Vs. Garchomp is something that should have been on level with Mega Greninja Vs. Mega Sceptile as Kairyu mentioned - it felt rushed and anticlimactic given everything that had led up to it. This is the same Garchomp that wiped out 4/6 of Paul's team, including his Torterra, without suffering a scratch even by a quad-effective Blizzard. I fully expected more of Ash's Pokémon to have to subdue her, but Spiritomb took more effort than Garchomp.

But, I moreso want to talk about several of the tactics Cynthia used in this episode that just put me off.
  • Cynthia deciding to Dynamax Togekiss.
    • You'd Expect: Cynthia to have watched and observed the proficiency at which Ash's Lucario defeats Dynamaxed opponents. Also, for her to realize that Dynamaxing Togekiss makes it a bigger target; so, she should Mega Evolve her ace instead.
    • Instead: She Dynamaxes Togekiss and Mega Lucario proceeds to outmaneuver it, strike its entire back side with Adaptability Bullet Punches, overpower it with "Max Aura Sphere," and waste all three of its Dynamax turns.
  • Cynthia Dynamaxing Togekiss.
    • You'd Expect: Cynthia use Max Mindstorm to establish a Psychic Terrain and completely neutralize Lucario's only way of hitting her second to last Pokémon super-effectively (as well as restricting its current moveset).
    • Instead: She spams Max Airstream three times, because two Speed increases were not enough. Lucario also defeats the Jubilee Pokémon with said Bullet Punch.
  • Togekiss' Dynamax ends and it reverts to normal, still in the battle.
    • You'd Expect: Cynthia would have it keep its distance with Air Slash (and hopefully a fourth, ranged move) given Lucario's propensity for melee moves, including a super-effective Bullet Punch.
    • Instead: She has it charge in multiple times with Sky Attack, putting it in Mega Lucario's range to be KOed physically (which happens).
  • Garchomp is sent out against Mega Lucario.
    • You'd Expect: Cynthia to use her strongest move in Draco Meteor, at least once, to (help) KO the weakened Mega Lucario.
    • Instead: She forgoes Draco Meteor to rely on Scale Shot, and ultimately Dragon Claw; the latter puts her in range for a surprise Reversal KO.
  • Bonus Round. Garchomp has been taught Stealth Rock.
    • You'd Expect: Cynthia to immediately establish Stealth Rock at the fight's beginning, to damage as many of Ash's party members as she can and apply even more pressure to psych him out.
    • Instead: Cynthia sends out Garchomp to Stealth Rock after half of Ash's party has been KOed. As a result, only one of his Pokémon gets hurt by Stealth Rock and it resisted the entry hazard at that.
  • Bonus Round. Garchomp injures Dracovish with Dragon Claw so badly, it couldn't move for almost a minute.
    • You'd Expect: Cynthia to keep Garchomp in after Stealth Rock and proceed to freely KO the outmatched Dracovish with any of its Dragon Moves.
    • Instead: She switches out for Roserade, gives Dracovish time to recover, and gets her Roserade knocked out by Dracovish.
It just seemed like a drop in tactical quality from what we saw her do in the first episode. They also should have let Iwane or a more dynamic animator handle all three of these episodes as such a match deserved that quality of care. I really hope Ash Vs. Leon has XYZ Kalos League levels of animation, as it deserves.

Cynthia's flashbacks were cute. Yet, hollow. We've had nothing up to this point regarding her backstory apart from her grandmother's appearance in DP and suddenly we want to get sentimental with her Garchomp? She apparently came to a decision to retire from battling after fighting her way (with no reason why), for an unspecified large amount of time, to become the second strongest person in the world? What she felt battling Ash she felt from absolutely no one else, including several Elite Four members like Lucian and Flint? And battling Ash was enough for her to quickly reverse the already contrived decision? Again, it just seems like a superficial attempt to give depth to someone who has never really had any; they should have used that time making the battle more impressive.

I haven’t seem much raging yet, aside from stuff about Lucario and Greninja. No Champion Cynthia fans raging.
Don't get your hopes up too soon, because I haven't posted yet ;)

But don't worry, I'm smart enough not to post my real thoughts on "the brat boy" (that's what I'll call Plot Armor Ash from now on), because that would probably only result in a temporary ban, and just like Cynthia said "I could never quit something that's so passionate and fun" (I'm talking about posting here).

So, congratulations on cheating and plot armoring your way through this battle, brat boy.... No matter what skillful tactics and combinations Cynthia used, the writers were like "Screw the rules! We just make brat boy's Pokemon dodge or endure the attack. And if that doesn't help, we'll simply make the audience believe that his attack is stronger than that of the greatest, most experienced Champion in the Pokemon universe". So what's the use of getting upset when Leon's and brat boy's battles are flawed right from the start? There's nothing you can do about almighty Plot Armor. Need some examples?
  • Cynthia's efforts to skillfully set up Togekiss by first dynamxing it and then using several Max Airstreams to boost its speed were simply thwarted by the writers with a stupid and cheap Bullet Punch. Considering Togekiss' massive speed, Lucario would never have been able to even touch it and Sky Attack should have finished it off easily. Plot Armor par exellence!
  • Garchomp vs. Lucario was completely forced and a prime example of what I said before about the writers just making brat boy's Pokemon stonger than one of the greatest beasts on earth (Garchomp)...Implausible, forced and painfully cheap! (And no, Garchomp is strong enough to shake off the ugly duck's Star Assault. Let's not forget Lucario was already on his knees and totally worn out after the battle with Togekiss. Another Plot Armor moment, hooray!)
  • Last but not least: I said it before and I'll say it again: It was a forced "victory" by brat boy that was only possible because, apart from all the Plot Armor support for brat boy, the writers didn't allow Cynthia to go full power at him. The tactical advantages Cynthia got from dynamaxing Togekiss were deliberately made null and void by the writers, so there was no reason, not to go with Mega-Garchomp. So, again and for all eternity: If our Cynthia had been allowed to used Mega-Garchomp, she would certainly have shred brat boy and his Pseudo-Greninja into pieces!
But now don't let me waste any more valuable time on brat boy and his cheap "win". Here are the best scenes of the episode, all thanks to our wonderful Cynthia:
  • Fantastic Cynthia flashbacks: Seeing young Cynthia and her love and passion for Pokemon and mythology was both great and heart-warming!
  • Cynthia proving that brat boy's super special DEM Aura Sphere isn't almighty and can be withstood
  • And of course the greatest moment of the whole episode that made me jump with joy: Cynthia deciding NOT to retire from battling but to stay in the show. Her offer to battle again someday could already be foreshadowing her return. Thank you, God! :notworthy:
Again, it just seems like a superficial attempt to give depth to someone who has never really had any; they should have used that time making the battle more impressive.
Just when I wanted to agree with your arguments showing how painfully obvious the battle was written in brat boy's favor so that he could win at all costs, you're writing this line which is unfounded nonsense, sorry.
There is hardly any character, let alone champion, in the Anime that has more depth than Cynthia! (And I'm sure you know that, too)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom