• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN128: Climax! The Night Before the Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Dande!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other animes have suffered from COVID-19 and yet they've never plumbed the depths of having four clip shows in a month (JN129 is the first Satoshi vs Dande episode so it looks like we're getting another recap). I think there's such chaos behind the scenes now that the show is finishing up the episodes mere days before they're meant to air. The lack of title indicates to me that this wasn't meant to be a clip show but they just didn't get it finished in time.
End this shitshow already. It’s clear the anime as a whole can’t continue anymore. They need to take a long break.

I hope, one day, someone on the production staff spills the beans on what is going on behind the scenes. As far as I know, all of the production problems throughout the Masters Eight arc are unprecedented throughout the Pokémon anime’s history. I feel like there’s a documentary waiting to be created about this mess.

I hope, one day, someone on the production staff spills the beans on what is going on behind the scenes. As far as I know, all of the production problems throughout the Masters Eight arc are unprecedented throughout the Pokémon anime’s history. I feel like there’s a documentary waiting to be created about this mess.
What we know is that...
A. Covid-19 certainly impacted production. They had a 6 week breaks for episodes, and likely left them a few episodes behind.
B. They didn't originally plan on animating the other battles, only just Ash vs. Steven Stone, Ash vs. Champion Cynthia, and Ash vs. Leon.

I still wanna know what's going on that's caused all these issues and has forced 4 freaking clip shows and so many breaks.

This better not be another clip show, if it is then it would maybe be a Leon clip show because ya know...Ash vs Leon is right after this?
Boy oh boy have I got news for you.

It's a recap.

Crackedt theory ahead

They're doing breaks and recaps so they save money for the Eternamax CGI that will curbstomp Ash in JN130

It's been said before but I'll say it again... I'm pretty sure the writers aren't choosing to do this.

What gets me is their choice of recap - we've got clips of events to remind us of what has just happened. I can't think of any other clip shows that has shown stuff that happened two episodes earlier.

Good God, yet another clip show and, with it coming after another break, we’ll have once again had only 1 week of content in the span of a month. If they absolutely have to do these clip shows, I wish that they’d at least have some plot going on in the episode that tees up these clips rather than clips just for the sake of it. At least then it feels like less of a waste of everyone’s time. Hell, what are they even covering? We just got a Masters 8 clip show and Leon’s barely got content due to only being around for a handful of appearances throughout the series. God this is a mess. This is supposed to be Ash’s biggest tournament of his journey and there’s zero momentum because we’ve lost at least 2 months of time between breaks, clip shows and interruptions.

Last edited:
Oh great

Courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

It's time for the Masters Tournament Finals, which will determine who's the best in the world, and PWCS News is doing a special that will present the finals the world is eagerly awaiting in greater detail than anywhere else! The special will provide a thorough coverage of not only highlights of Satoshi and Dande's battles, but also of the various encounters between the two! In addition, the special will provide exclusive breaking news?!

Man, we've been getting so many clipshow episodes lately, that they're all starting to blend together. I don't think I can remember their contents all that well... But luckily, I think I have the perfect solution!

What I'm proposing is the anime writers give us a final clipshow episode, the ultimate clipshow episode that summarises all the previous clipshow episodes!

After all, if the writers believe there is a need for a clipshow episode to remind us of the events that transpired just two episodes prior, they can surely give us a clipshow episode of clipshow episodes.

1664541502572.png

This has gotten ridiculous. Another goddamn clip show...What the hell is going on? We've had 4 clip shows in the span of 3 months. Its worse when we JUST had a clip show last week, and next week is ANOTHER break.
Really just putting it into perspective that, in 3 months, we have wasted an entire month on recaps that nobody in their right mind had asked for, 1 of which was reviewing what we had just seen with the first round of the Masters 8. I can only imagine what the reaction in Japan must look like.

Really just putting it into perspective that, in 3 months, we have wasted an entire month on recaps that nobody in their right mind had asked for, 1 of which was reviewing what we had just seen with the first round of the Masters 8. I can only imagine what the reaction in Japan must look like.
I seriously just wish they'd come forward and explain why they've had all these clip shows. The amount of breaks and clip shows we've had is just unprecedented for the anime. I can't think of a single series that has done such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom